Search results for query: *

1. Faerdin

It's never too late to say hello, right?

Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to hit you up!
  2. Faerdin

What do you think of Type-based Invincibility?

And ice caps exist in the first place because they receive less solar radiation than other parts of the world. Their existence is irrelevant to the existence of entropy and the relative difficulty of turning water into ice as opposed to turning ice into water.
  3. Faerdin

It's never too late to say hello, right?

Hey there, Bulbapedians! I only joined a couple of days ago and figured now's as good a time as any to introduce myself. My name is Faerdin. I've been at a lack of people to talk with Pokemon about since people have more or less moved on from Sun and Moon by this point, so here I am. :) I enjoy...
  4. Faerdin

Underappreciated and Overappreciated Shinies

Underappreciated? Espeon. Its green coloration back in the day was kind of ugly, but now that it's a deeper and more appealing shade of green, I think it's actually quite beautiful. And that's saying something, Espeon was basically my first Pokemon and I'm very particular about it. The only...
  5. Faerdin

Contest Noivern vs. Crobat

Crobat. But it's not like I'm biased or anything. :) @Gengarzilla: This guy gets it. By extension, I always loved that team leaders tend to have one in spite of Crobat being a friendship-based evolution. Maxie, Gladion, and Silver come to mind. I associate Crobat with people who might be...
  6. Faerdin

Favorite Pokémon from each region and favorite region?

Going to prohibit myself from naming legendaries here. Ho-oh, Deoxys, and Lunala get special mentions regardless! Kanto: I think I'd have to say Starmie. Always loved its color and design. Johto: Feraligatr, Espeon, and Crobat. I don't care if I can't pick more than one! Hoenn: Sceptile...
  7. Faerdin

The thread that attempts to explain all type resistances

Ice was normally effective against Fire in Generation I. Blizzard could hit Charizard for supereffective damage. Imagine that.
  8. Faerdin

Your ultimate Pokemon team

Right in my signature! Hydreigon, Garchomp, Feraligatr, Alolan Ninetales, Crobat, and Aegislash. Bred up the entire team myself at Paniola Ranch, and I couldn't be more proud of them. Currently working on my 50 wins in the Battle Tree's Super Doubles since we managed to knock out Singles. I'm...
  9. Faerdin

The thread that attempts to explain all type resistances

Water resists Ice because of entropy. Along with the fact that liquid water has a higher specific heat than ice and is therefore significantly more difficult to change into ice than ice is into water. It resists Steel because metals generally corrode in water, whereas the water itself is...
  10. Faerdin

In that vein, since Generation VI, Ghost-types are immune to moves and Abilities that would otherwise prevent them from switching out. The only move I'm not entirely sure about is Spirit Shackle given that it's a Ghost-type move, but if Shadow Tag doesn't effect Ghost-types, I can't imagine...
  11. Faerdin

I don't know if that would be the best counterargument. .__. @Envoy: Yeah, it's a shame Steel being immune to Poison makes so much sense. It doesn't do Poison too many favors.
  12. Faerdin

How do you feel about the SOS mechanic?

I really liked S.O.S. battles. But then I went back a generation and played Omega Ruby. Can we talk about DexNav, guys? DexNav was just great. I miss DexNav. It accomplishes a lot of the same things as S.O.S. battles, offering a means of finding Hidden Ability Pokemon while throwing in good...
  13. Faerdin

I think Ice being neutral to Water is fine. After all, ice does tend to melt in water given the water is certain to be at a higher temperature. And Grass having an immunity to Water I could see much more easily, but even plant life can drown when there's an excess of water. In any case, I think...
  14. Faerdin

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

Every time I have my Aegislash use Shadow Sneak when Psychic Terrain is active. Or against Normal-type enemies. Or when Tsareena is on the field. Or really a lot of the times I use Shadow Sneak.
  15. Faerdin

Is Pokemon XD and Colosseum considered Spin off?

Same! Orre's relation to Hoenn and the capacity to trade Pokemon between the two of them gives it all a sense of validity. My consideration of the Colosseum games as spin-off titles is solely dependent on Game Freak's verdict in regards to Orre and its continuity. Pokemon Colosseum was my first...
  16. Faerdin

How would you buff/change a existing Alolan pokemon?

I feel like Lunala's x4 weakness to Ghost and Dark are balanced by its otherwise respectable bulk. It certainly appreciate partners with Defog or Rapid Spin for the sake of maintaining Shadow Shield, which is where a fair measure of that bulk comes from, and that requires playing around. But as...
  17. Faerdin

Nerfing the Fairy Type

Speaking as a user of Hydreigon and Garchomp, I don't think Fairy-types are overpowered. Dragons gained a degree of notoriety that began in Generation III and kind of seemed to dominate the metagame and worsen with every passing generation until the introduction of Fairy-types. They were a...
  18. Faerdin

Exactly, and I think that's why Game Freak ignores it. Orre wasn't designed by them, so it's not considered canon to the main series. Such a shame. :( Oh, I hadn't even thought of that. Another redesigned legendary a la XD001 would be cool enough, but SHADOW Z-MOVES? It fits alarmingly well...
  19. Faerdin

Battle Tree Difficulty Spike?

^ This. At the end of the day, you should stick with what works best for you. I had a lot of success with Light Clay in Super Singles. With a Timid Nature and maxed out Speed EVs, the only things that could dependably outpace my Ninetales were Choice Scarf users and Jolteon. I never had the...
  20. Faerdin

It's a shame that Game Freak more or less ignores Orre. Even if Shadow Pokemon were taken out of the equation and Cipher became a non-issue, I think it'd still be a cool place to revisit in the Megaverse. I loved the western feel of places like the Outskirt Stand and Pyrite Town.
Back
Top Bottom