Search results for query: *

1. C

Was there ever a given reason why most of the movies keep all the Japanese music?

This is something that has both made sense, and also not made sense at the same time, at least regarding implementation. If using their own score gives more money, then I've always wondered: why are they keeping any original music at all? I don't get it. Apart from legally probably having to...
  2. C

Review S25 EP43: The Road Most Traveled!

....*Until Johto/AG, that is Not to turn this into a music thread, but from this thread that used to keep track of raw BGM numbers: TPCi actually went back on the rise, before very steeply dropping with BW S2 and XY onward, which is a shame. While they were never fully consistent, what I did...
  3. C

Are There Any Pieces of Instrumental Dub Music You Actually Liked in the PokeAni International Dub (4Kids or TPCI)- NOT COUNTING INTROS OR ENDINGS!

There are a number of dub pieces I enjoy. One of my favorites is the track that plays in The Keystone Pops, when Ash starts leading Spiritomb on a chase before the climax of the episode. It's lengthier, got some bongos going, and some actual energy. Another from DP would be the piece that plays...
  4. C

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

JN95 is currently the last episode that Masaaki Iwane was animation supervisor for. Taking that into consideration... JN112 will officially mark the single longest stretch of episodes in which he has not been supervisor for at least one of them. This will beat the previous record of 16 episodes...
  5. C

Preview Arceus, the One Called God

Okay, so this is speculation, but... hear me out y'all: Looking at this trailer, legit every single shot, as far as I can tell, appears to be animated by Iwane and Good Lord I think he actually might have animated all four. My reasoning: 1) He's 100% capable of doing it (check: end of DP...
  6. C

Preview JN063: Challenge! Pokémon Marine Athletics!!

...Huh. If it weren't for a couple of distinct shots in the preview, I legit wouldn't have guessed this was an Iwane episode. Very... restrained
  7. C

Best Villainous Team Plot?

let's be honest there shouldn't even be poll options for anything other than Flare or Galactic
  8. C

Music Pocket Monsters (2019): Original Soundtrack

It's taking all of my energy to not be salty that this isn't any of Miyazaki's 298,741 unreleased tracks over the last 10 years it's... it's still good news y'all.. looking forward to hearing some of Hayashi's tracks, yep
  9. C

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Iwane going back to his roots, y'all
  10. C

Music An Explanation For Why Japanese Tracks Are Replaced In The Dub

^Basically... all of this. It's cool to have the They Get Money theory officially confirmed, but I do wonder why they currently just don't go all the way (I'm assuming they still need to keep at least one piece of music per episode, for reasons). There are still plenty of unanswered questions...
  11. C

Preview JN025: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

Commenting on this like, 20 years later, but just wanted to add that as far as Animation Directors are concerned, the names are meaning less and less because the series has really, *really* rounded itself out in overall quality since XY, and AD idiosyncrasies are harder to notice. These days...
  12. C

Preview JN014: First in the Isshu Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Woah... has it really been three years since Natsume supervised an episode? I don't know if many others were fans, but I always kinda liked the sharp designs/snappy animation and expressions his episodes had in DP. Plus, a Natsume episode also meant there was 99.9% chance of Iwane showing up to...
  13. C

Sakuga

I keep forgetting about this thread... I need to gush in here more often. I absolutely adore Iwane's work and he's easily one of my biggest (if not THE biggest) inspirations, but I also totally see where you're coming from. His animation is, like you described, more "proper" when compared to a...
  14. C

Review JN001: Pikachu is Born!

Coming out of retirement to say... this was not a good first episode, honestly. Probably the, uh, worst first episode? I'm going to echo most of the thread and say that the Pikachu backstory was a gigantic missed opportunity- at the very least, I wanted to learn why Pikachu had such an attitude...
  15. C

Music The Background Music Thread

this. this is like a Christmas present I'm so HAPPY yall, some actual music got "released" and I'll TAKE IT
  16. C

How to identify different animation supervisors

^It definitely has Iwane traits motion-wise. The way James' hands are drawn also remind me of Iwane. I rewatched that scene and in general, the drawings themselves are definitely corrected by Tamagawa (shadows, mouths, etc.) but the motions and poses are very Iwane.
  17. C

I'd have to rewatch that scene to make sure, but he was the top credited key animator for that episode.
  18. C

The Iwane '0' is definitely one of his most iconic/defining animation traits, haha. It's very, very often animated with a quick back-and-forth between two poses of the head shaking. https://sakugabooru.com/data/661434e78dada4abcbe6e56e7b97e0d6.mp4
  19. C

Actually, I believe the Jirachi movie is the only AG movie that he's not listed in the credits. It's possible that it was a mistake/he could have gone uncredited, but I don't think he's ever mentioned working on it. Judging by the screenshots, it could be him, but the facial details/shadows...
  20. C

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/970441439304806400 Iwane actually confirmed your suspicions earlier this year. In this tweet, he says that he animated everything from the beginning scene with Jessie, James, and Meowth at the party venue until Loudred destroys the support column...
Back
Top Bottom