Search results for query: *

1. AceTrainer14

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I am doing fine. I am perfectly fine with not much human interaction so am fine with my time stuck at home, though I am very much looking forward to being able to go out again soon. I just realised after posting here last night that it'll be 10 years of Eight Easy Steps later this year - I...
  2. AceTrainer14

Hello all! I cannot remember the last time I've posted here. Hope all the old regulars have been well, and all the new people are enjoying the site! While our national lockdown here in NZ has been incredibly unproductive for me, since my personal computer is now my work station (woo!), I...
  3. AceTrainer14

I have been looking forward to this day for a long time, but wow - 1,000 pages! That probably isn't a record for the site by any means, but I am amazed that we have come so far and been able to keep chatting as an ever-evolving community like this for over SEVEN YEARS! Well done to us all.
  4. AceTrainer14

Well, what do we think of Sword/Shield/Galar so far? I await the Sugimori artwork before judging the Pokemon too harshly. Galar looks like it could be interesting - seems to be more linear in terms of a storyline, with the big city being right at the very end.
  5. AceTrainer14

@Zaphod Scotsman: I think what @InfiniteBakuphoon suggested is a good way of handling it. I think trying to combine talking steam engines with a world populated by fantasical monsters would be too many diverse elements to work cohesively together. Taking the railway elements or the personalities...
  6. AceTrainer14

It's New Year's Day here! 2019 is currently incredibly muggy... Does anyone have any writing resolutions they want to achieve this year?
  7. AceTrainer14

On NaNo: I gave it a go this year for the first time to see if I could do it, and.... nope. Got about halfway-ish, which I am proud of given that I work full time and have very limited free time! Yet I think the pressure to write a lot meant that I kept backing myself into corners writing my...
  8. AceTrainer14

Sorry you missed the deadline, but don't kick yourself over it! It's better to get the story to a place you are happy with rather than rushing it out or anything to meet a deadline. Deadlines are good to help you get going and finish what you've started, but putting too much pressure on yourself...
  9. AceTrainer14

Happy Birthday! I am on a slight high at the moment. I just wrote a long in the making scene for 8ES - something that has been brewing since the story first began back in 1867 or however long it has been. I kind of can't believe I have made it to this part (even if it has taken far too long)...
  10. AceTrainer14

I basically only ever get books from the library. We haven't had cuts as severe as in the UK, and they are pretty willing to buy anything that you request (which may not be entirely economically viable, but it seems to work). If I read something that I fall in love with, I usually end up buying...
  11. AceTrainer14

#peakkin My eighths are divided by size, series or a mix of the two. We have: - Horizontal Long Paperback/Vertical Short Paperback - Harry Potter w. Cormoran Strike - Horizontal Long Hardback / Vertical Long Paperback - Neil Gaiman w. Assorted Paperbacks - Game of Thrones - Anthony Horowitz -...
  12. AceTrainer14

Physical copies. I think that's one reason why I have yet again failed to complete one of @kintsugi's word wars. I work on a computer all day, I write my stories on a computer during free time. Trying to read stuff on a computer at the end of all that just tires me out and my confidence wanes...
  13. AceTrainer14

Has anyone else received a 100+ spam email bomb on FanFiction.net, and do you know an easier method of reporting the reviews so they are removed?
  14. AceTrainer14

Doduo/drio are just some of those Pokemon that it's absolutely impossible to write about because of that. I included Castform in Dawn of Darkness partly as I thought it would be worth giving it some fan fic love, and it became clear quite quickly why no one really gives that a second thought...
  15. AceTrainer14

Over the past few weeks, I have encountered quite a number of Doduo in Pokemon Go. A frankly alarming amount. It has got me wondering - has anyone ever used Doduo/Dodrio in a fic before? Have they ever seen it being used? The unnatural occurrence of it just has me rather startled.
  16. AceTrainer14

Sounds like my type of party. Any party where the host gives out free wi-fi is where I wanna be. Congrats, though, dp! Hopefully you're happy home life works out a bit better than Sai's did :D
  17. AceTrainer14

I like the idea of you as a small child getting up in the middle of the movie and calling for the film to be stopped whilst frantically flicking through some Scholastic book.
  18. AceTrainer14

I love little projects like that. I don't think I'd have the capacity or stamina to do an entire 800+ Pokedex on top of the 14,000,603 stories I am currently writing, but it could be cool to do as part of some collaborative thing.
  19. AceTrainer14

The site has been glitching up for about a fortnight now. This is about the third day in the past few weeks where things have been playing up. Maybe I can blame low readership on that? :P
  20. AceTrainer14

Welcome @Ambyssin! Nice to see a newbie jumping straight in with reviewing :) @Life I sometimes write a lot, I sometimes write nothing. I've been stuck editing one chapter of 8ES for about a week now and it has not been fun. I prefer to get things done in one or two goes but normally it takes...
Back
Top Bottom