• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. AceTrainer14

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

I think the fact that Giga Drain only absorbs some of the energy/nutrients would avoid that. You could argue that Synthesis and other healing moves could lower the stakes or allow for an easy out, but I think that that is easily avoidable. My concern is more if the logic would work enough for...
  2. AceTrainer14

I am trying to overcome an issue with a gym battle, and imagined a Pokemon to using Giga Drain on natural resources - water, rocks - to absorb nutrients and heal that way instead of by attacking a Pokemon. I feel there is some logic behind the idea as Pokemon do use the sun and moon to heal...
  3. AceTrainer14

'Fancy' makes it sound bejewelled or something XD And it's not really a cast either as it is essentially a boot. I think exposition may be my only option
  4. AceTrainer14

In the chapter of Eight Easy Steps I am currently writing, Alaska is wearing a moon boot. What is a moon boot? It is this, but I have now learnt that 'moon boot' may not be a global term for this type of device/brace/cast. Can anyone enlighten me on an alternative name for this from their part...
  5. AceTrainer14

How sudden should the 'jump' into a chapter be? I am currently writing a chapter of Dreams That You Dreamed that begins at a religious ceremony on the Mahalo Trail. I don't really want to begin with "This is why we are here and what's happening", but would it be too jarring if I opened with a...
  6. AceTrainer14

Thanks for the feedback @unrepentantAuthor and @KrspaceT. This kind of confirms my understanding that the central buildings of these types of schools do tend to be U-shaped or have some kind of u-shaped configuration going on. As this school is on its own island, I'm kind of envisioning a...
  7. AceTrainer14

I am writing a chapter of a story that takes place partially on the grounds of a posh boarding school. Having never been to one, I was wondering if anyone here who had been to one (posh/rich or not) could explain the general layout of their school? I'm mostly just wondering if the accommodation...
  8. AceTrainer14

I am trying to write about a character's romantic feelings for another without explicitly saying they have feelings for them; as in, it will be clear to the audience this character is romantically attracted to the other character, but not clear to the character themselves. Any advice on how to...
  9. AceTrainer14

Thanks for the feedback gang. I think you are right @canisaries that people are more forgiving early on, but I also think there are those who if they don't like things straight away will just as quickly declare their hatred. @diamondpearl876 I know you are reading one of my stories at the...
  10. AceTrainer14

How much is too much exposition for a first chapter of a story? The main character heads to a prominent building in the town very early on in the story and I have to describe it, but I tend to over describe buildings a bit and I am worried I may be doing that here. Is it fine to drop a bit of...
  11. AceTrainer14

@ArtemisOfTheMoonTribe I think it would be good to research a few legal systems around the world to see what sort of systems they use and if any of them would be appropriate for the type of story you are thinking of. Overall, I think there should be some degree of a legal system, and it doesn't...
  12. AceTrainer14

I am currently writing one of the interludes for Eight Easy Steps. Usually with these I like to have balance with the perspectives, such as having two scenes from a villainous perspective or two from the perspective of the good guys, or splitting either option up by putting a good/bad...
  13. AceTrainer14

@canisaries: If you want to write, write. Writing should be for yourself rather than for anyone else. It is nice to get criticism and feedback and praise and all of that, but it shouldn't be the reason you write. If you have a story you want to tell and characters you like, that should be the...
  14. AceTrainer14

@Emma Prescott: The latest chapter of Galactic will come in around 16/17k, if that makes you feel better :P I think if you are concerned about length, you can post it in two parts so that the split is perhaps unimportant and stress that it is there for ease of reading. However, a lot of...
  15. AceTrainer14

@lucarioknight: The easiest way is to give the scene a sense of purpose, more than just furthering a character interaction. If it is a scene where characters are talking, the relationship should be progressed in some way that makes the chapter worthwhile. I also think that if you want to get it...
  16. AceTrainer14

Those scenes can be draining. I am writing one at the moment in Galactic, with a lot of revelations and rage, and the main issue I have is that I am not sure if it is as moving and emotional as I am trying for and just a bit silly and vacuous. Usually I think the best thing is to just soldier...
  17. AceTrainer14

I don't know any resources, but I would say that the best thing is to think of your own mythology for how Ghost Pokemon exist in the first place and what their role in your world is. There is no one canon for how they operate, and creating your own would allow you to come up with a way to kill...
  18. AceTrainer14

@canisaries: I'd suggest talking to @diamondpearl876, who is our resident expert of abusive trainers. @Emma Prescott: I'd say it'd depend on the person. Some people are really fussy about saying all the greats, others go for ancestor.
  19. AceTrainer14

I am writing an anthropomorphised character that doesn't have any limbs. I want them to do a kind of facial shrug after imparting an ultimatum on a character, but can't think of an appropriate word to use. Any ideas?
  20. AceTrainer14

I guess it depends on the plot hole. Is it a contradiction? In that case, you could explain it away by saying there was a misinterpretation or mistake made. If it was something that, say, someone did and they shouldn't have been able to, you could have them address it and perhaps work it into...
Back
Top Bottom