Search results for query: *

1. A

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

As you noticed earlier in this thread, I'm sure you can expect a lot of such reactions to the upcoming shocking reveal that 4Kids had some new scenes added to the dub of movie 4 too... scenes that only got dubbed in Japanese for one special TV airing no one seemed to have taped, at that. :p
  2. A

Uh, sorry to rain on your parade a bit, but the T-rex thing was absolutely known to the English-speaking fanbase long before you mentioned it. I've seen it mentioned enough times I thought it was considered fairly common knowledge too.
  3. A

Or, here's a radical thought: They could just translate the dialogue. You know, that stuff that called Diancie "she" and "princess". They don't have to "think about that stuff" and run her appearance through some weird logic filter when the script they're supposed to be producing a translation...
  4. A

"We should go out of our way to specifically avoid implying what the guys who actually created this thing went out of their way to explicitly state." That makes horrendously little sense.
  5. A

Japanese promotional material for the movie went out of its way to outright refer to Diancie as 彼女, so that makes absolutely zero sense.
  6. A

My first thought when I saw the cover to the home DVD/blu-ray was "Will 9 year old boys really want to buy/ask for something this incredibly pink?" So yeah, definitely played a role. Which is a shame, since I really liked the movie.
  7. A

And if you want something that really hurts the brain... the official summary for the Nassy episode mentions that it takes place during Golden Week. I think it's sort of possible to juggle the episodes around enough to make that work (there's nothing in the Doll Festival episode that...
  8. A

Well, it's an episode that aired two weeks before this one. That tidbit isn't mentioned anywhere in the episode itself though, just in the summary.
  9. A

Aaaactually...
  10. A

We've heard him in clips from the movie now. It's comparable to Eric in the Genesect movie, really. Not offensively bad, but it's clear the guy doesn't have any acting experience and isn't being pushed very hard by the voice director. Also, he has a single line in the entire movie, apparently.
  11. A

"Fleur-de-lys" is actually an accepted spelling of the flower name, and only slightly less common than the "lis" variant, though. :P
  12. A

Regarding the originally planned schedule for these Kanto episodes, Pocket Monsters Encore aired these episodes in what was most likely the originally intended order (for the most part... they initially skipped the Aopulco episode due to there being no English dub to use for their alternate...
  13. A

The common theory among Japanese fans is that the Sepultora name on the box art originally referenced Brazilian heavy metal band Sepultura. Also, that light years line is actually not a straight quote from the game. It's based on it, sure, but unlike all the other game quotes in the special...
  14. A

I'd say it's just a coincidence, really. The ホリウッド name was used as a pun name for a Hollywood pastiche in Itadakiman some 20 years prior, too.
  15. A

The ホリウッド spelling was actually used for Hollywood way back in the day. The Japanese title of "The Hollywood Revue of 1929" is "ホリウッド・レビュー", while "In Hollywood with Potash and Perlmutter" is "滑稽ホリウッド", there's a book by J. H. Lawson which Japanese translation is titled "ホリウッドの内幕"... it's long...
  16. A

Most little kids probably wouldn't associate it with that either. It's common knowledge, even among kids, that the American currency is "dollar", the British currency is "pound" and the Japanese currency is "yen". What, if anything, these currencies are further divided into is nowhere near as...
  17. A

Far moreso, actually. "The Japanese currency is yen" is far more common knowledge than "A penny is slang for a 1-cent coin, which is 1/100th of a dollar, the American currency".
  18. A

I thought the song was cute. But yeah, no, I'm not going to sit here and claim her "acting" in that role was anything but ear torture. I didn't have an issue with her work in the earlier movies, but her Pichu was just plain, inarguably bad.
  19. A

Hey, you finally like Shokotan now? Took you some time, but I'm glad you finally saw the light :p
  20. A

...but that is just some made-up bullshit.
Back
Top Bottom