Search results for query: *

1. AetherX

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I think it would work a lot better than keeping the gyms in. Gyms make for a pretty weak B-plot in pretty much every journey fic I've read (or written). The other stuff is almost always more interesting, to the point where sometimes it feels like the gym challenge is a distraction. I've been...
  2. AetherX

@Juliko I'd call the far left a drumpad or drum machine. Next one over is a mixer. Then a keyboard/MIDI controller/synthesizer (depending on how specific or technically accurate you want to be). As a whole I'd just call them music production or mixing gear. Source: I own some of these.
  3. AetherX

This feels super pretentious to say, but I try not to consider specific lengths too much for chapter sizes. We all end up writing roughly regular chapter lengths, but I think it's more important to look at pacing than word count. If your chapter is way longer than normal, maybe the pacing is too...
  4. AetherX

Don't need to be tipsy for the indulgence, it's the "writing" part that's tricky.
  5. AetherX

I feel targeted. All of my stories are "indulgent _______ written tipsy."
  6. AetherX

I mean it will take forever to get through them all anyway. Just write whatever you feel most like writing at that moment. If you're not sure then just coin toss it. That's what I do at least. If you're motivated by maintaining a following though, it's probably best to just stick with one. I...
  7. AetherX

Yeah, I get that all of the time. Most of my writing is done either in long stretches while staying up too late, or in tiny sprints five minutes before I need to go to bed. Earlier today I actually forced myself to write even though it was only the afternoon and it felt weird as hell.
  8. AetherX

I'm of the opinion that the reader should relatively quickly get an idea of what the story is about. Unless you're writing a story that's much more about setting than plot or has a very passive protagonist, I think it's really hard to set up a decent plot without the protagonist. Also, if you...
  9. AetherX

@unrepentantAuthor ayyy I love Numenéra! I mostly play DnD 5e right now, but I played a Numenéra campaign a while back and loved it. Really cool setting and a fun system. Been toying with a campaign for it myself.
  10. AetherX

But we need these arbitrary holidays to get us through the dark and dreary days. Don't know if I like that they're all piled into December though. Personally I'm already looking forward to spring. Kinda done with going to work in the dark before sunrise and coming home in the dark after sunset...
  11. AetherX

Kyuubi! Glad to see you around again.
  12. AetherX

Pledging to participate more in the forum this year. Hold me to it, fam. Wishing you all the best in your writing endeavours for 2020.
  13. AetherX

Hi Blindman! Welcome to the Workshop! 1. I don't read many Digimon stories, but I've actually seen quite a lot of them about the monsters more than the humans. That said, some people are just prefer writing human characters because it feels more natural. Less awkward description when you don't...
  14. AetherX

I mean to be honest you could just make one here without any of the pretense.
  15. AetherX

@Ambyssin Welcome to the Workshop, my dude! I'm going to let you in on a little secret: we're all kinda novices at writing ;) Looking forward to seeing you around!
  16. AetherX

I give you my blessing as a mod to go ahead and post in the review game. It's been a month, so it's not like you're hogging it.
  17. AetherX

One of my favorite reputation systems was in Fallout: New Vegas. There was a part where you could negotiate a truce between two rival factions (the NCR and the Brotherhood of Steel), but only if you had really high reputation with both of them. If you did it then they would fight alongside each...
  18. AetherX

I'm right in the middle as far as entertainment vs challenge goes. I like games that feel immersive, and if a game is too easy then it breaks immersion. I want to struggle and work really hard, but I don't want to die a thousand times before I beat something, because that breaks immersion even...
  19. AetherX

I dunno if it's a "guilty" pleasure, but I like shipping/romance (in theory). Trouble is, most of the shipping fics I've read are awful. It depends on the piece being rearranged, but I'd say in general being a composer is more difficult. That said, you need a pretty good understanding of...
  20. AetherX

Well if you're interested, this is one of the better tutorial series I've seen that comes at it from a computer music perspective. The only basics you have to have is knowing how to identify different notes on a piano. If you don't know that then it's probably not too hard to pick up just from a...
Back
Top Bottom