Search results for query: *

1. Alola

Controversial opinions

Was May really that popular initially though? I recall that there was apparently a lot of backlash (at least with Western audiences) with her replacing Misty and an appreciation for her character didn't cement itself until a good chunk into the AG saga. Given that Brock's focus shifted twice...
  2. Alola

Controversial opinions

I think one thing Horizons may have going for it is how they adapt Terapagos and its significance. Spoiler Warning for the Indigo Disk DLC! Because of all of that, That would be something cool at least, amid all the other less than stellar writing choices the show is currently giving imo.
  3. Alola

Controversial opinions

I just don't understand the logic of how we went from main protagonists battling complete battles on their own to the main protagonists now having to 2 v 1 opponents (with the latest one featuring a the handicap of "hit my Pokémon just once to win."). It is so incredibly baffling.
  4. Alola

Controversial opinions

I think ideas/plans have been significant parts of character growth or identity (ex. Team Rocket's plethora of attempts to catch Pikachu) in series, so I would say it matters quite a bit with who is associated with them. For example, Ash's victory over Whitney is a good illustration as to why...
  5. Alola

Controversial opinions

That was completely undermined by the fact that Friede came up with the plan and gave her orders; she couldn't even grasp what he was doing, ultimately deciding just to trust him because he's "Friede." She literally states as much during the episode. We must have differing definitions as what...
  6. Alola

Controversial opinions

I had to watch the most recent Horizons episode when I read that Captain Pikachu once again finished/hijacked a fight. That really should have been Orla's moment...she possesses a Metagross, which is one of the most perfect Pokémon one could use against a Galarian Weezing; there's no reason they...
  7. Alola

Controversial opinions

Even when I was kid watching that episode, I always got the impression he had just caught it to help with the Gym given its typing. Given the focus they gave Elekid & Chimchar even by that point, I felt it was clear which of Paul's Pokémon he had invested more time in. That all aside, looking...
  8. Alola

Controversial opinions

I can see your point, but I think the timing of Cyndaquil was okay. We have to remember they wanted to sync up Dawn obtaining it with HGSS' release as further promotional material to boost those initial sales. While Cyndaquil may not have had as long a tenure as its peers barring Togekiss, it...
  9. Alola

Controversial opinions

No, it didn't. By this point in Sun & Moon (within the first 11 episodes): Ash made his first Alolan capture. Ash had a Totem Battle. Ash had a Kahuna Battle. Ash used the new generational/regional gimmick in a Z-Move. All of Ash's Alolan friends barring Mallow each got focus episodes that...
  10. Alola

Controversial opinions

It's been 11 episodes of Horizons and I can't say I'm all that impressed or too invested. I am just not a fan of these anime original plotlines (and anime-only characters) the writers have shifted to following the conclusion of XY - I still do not think they know how to pull off engaging "off...
  11. Alola

Controversial opinions

I agree with you about that balance. Having CoTDs just to have them got really formulaic in certain sagas, such as in Johto where it seemed every new Pokémon was accompanied by a person specifically created to show them off. That's...a lot; bonus points if they have gaudy outfits that resemble...
  12. Alola

Controversial opinions

I will fully admit my wrongness, as I was one of the people who said otherwise. And I also want to applaud you and anyone else who defended their opinions when most of the other users here, including myself, said otherwise. When I was younger, I thought it possible and cool for each region to...
  13. Alola

Controversial opinions

I agree and that's a reason why this feels bitter for me regarding the taste. If Journeys was to be that swan song, they did a very poor job in that regard given how the beginning half of the series played out, the required change in director midway, and all the rushing that happened towards the...
  14. Alola

Controversial opinions

I don't know if this controverisal or not, but as now, I wasn't ready to say goodbye
  15. Alola

Controversial opinions

The thing is is that being mature and being snarky are not mutually exclusive. There is a plethora of snarky characters all across various media that are mature, wise, intelligent, reasonable, compassionate, helpful, etc. Ash could still be an incredibly kind and supportive person or role model...
  16. Alola

Controversial opinions

I don’t know if I agree with this opinion, but I do agree with the sentiment of missing a sarcastic, witty, and savage Ash from the original series. Nowadays he’s relentlessly polite and nice and it’s too saccharine for me. I lived for some of the exchanges he had with Misty as a kid, especially...
  17. Alola

Controversial opinions

I am fully convinced someone on the writing team or whomever decides how these episodes play out firmly hates the Goodra line. They relish in showing it knocked out whenever the opportunity presents itself, with the species barely getting any clean wins if any at all.
  18. Alola

Controversial opinions

That's a part of the reason though, that I didn't like it - the Infernape favoritism was already in place. That was Chimchar's 4th Gym Battle and the second where he got to star and defeat the ace Pokémon. I also thought Ash used some questionable tactics, using all his Pokémon weak to Ice...
  19. Alola

Controversial opinions

I think the early DP Gym Battles were quite special with the Pokémon and strategies used, the music that played, and the animation/choreography of the fights. Everything went downhill with Candice imo; her and Volkner's battles were so boring & lackluster to me.
  20. Alola

Controversial opinions

I really hope that come the Scarlet & Violet saga, whatever school Ash ends up enrolling in has someone work with him on his articulation skills. I'm getting real tired of him speaking in onomatopoeias to describe intangible things, when he rarely did that before.
Back
Top Bottom