Search results for query: *

1. Alola

Your controversial opinions

I agree that the Battle Royal is something akin to a Battle Frontier facility. I'm not really fond of it. It's fun hitting three opponents with things like Snow Warning/Blizzard and Choice Band Explosions, but the AI and mechanics feel really hax-y. Like, the opponents always seem to have...
  2. Alola

I should have clarified. In-game facilities, again - more than one, that are not tied to having a paid subscription service not every player can manage or even want to participate in. There should be multiple modalities, aside from the ubiquitous Battle Tower/Chateau, that a player may use their...
  3. Alola

Given the extensive efforts Game Freak has gone to promote and support competitive battling in the past several years, including the explicit managing of IV breeding and EV training with each Generation, you would think they would include facilities for the players they clearly had in mind for...
  4. Alola

I think Starters should have a 50/50 split regarding their gender ratio instead of 87.5 of them being male. It would also make resetting for a female Chikorita, Fennekin, & Popplio a lot less time consuming.
  5. Alola

Well my concerns, and original post, concern the perspective of the player and NPC. For eight battles out of their entire video game playthrough barring battle facility content, local or online matches, and real life tournaments, I stand by my opinion that they should battle those Gym Leaders...
  6. Alola

No? How is using the same number of Pokémon as your opponent unfair? It may limit them in their choices, but the ability to plan how they address the Gym and its rules remains.
  7. Alola

Insisting that players, namely children, participate in Gym Battles with an unfair party advantage when they do not have to, reinforces the notion, to some degree, that they are not capable of winning otherwise. Subjectivity on grinding aside, the beauty of recent Pokémon games is that you...
  8. Alola

Which is exactly why other measures are in place, namely there being no level limit for one's original Pokémon. Struggling with a Gym? Over-level your favorites and voila. With each passing game, grinding has become easier; Sword and Shield even have easily accessible EXP candy now in addition...
  9. Alola

I feel that the anime's same party Pokémon rule for Gym Battles (aside from Grant, being an exception) should be enforced in the games themselves; it never sat right with me that a Trainer/challenger/us could bring a full party into a 2-3 party fight. It isn't fair and one's victory can...
Back
Top Bottom