• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Alola

Anime & Manga General Discussion

So, in the spirit of my Generations Nuzlocke that I'm doing, I figured it would be cool to rewatch the entire series simultaneously (to better appreciate the region I'm in); or, at least try to watch everything. Which means, I'm starting with Kanto. I have to say, I really miss the slapstick...
  2. Alola

In the same vein, I love how Ash's Pidove evolves before the Burgh Gym...the episode right before...where you would think she would get to star in the following Gym, where she has a huge type-advantage in...only to not appear. But Tepig did, for the 3rd Gym in a row (4 if you count the Nacrene...
  3. Alola

Personally speaking, I did. After the unceremonious ways Pidove, Tepig, and Oshawott were defeated during their 5 on 5 fight, I was really looking forward to a Full Battle (if not 5 on 5 again) between Ash & Trip. I wanted Ash's team to have revenge as well as see Frillish/Jellicent battle...
  4. Alola

It's one of my favorites (even if I think Ambipom should have been allowed to do more against Lucario) and was such a game-shaker as far as what the companions were allowed to do at the time. Cilan may have challenged Skyla later, but his battle didn't have the same weight as this one in my...
  5. Alola

It's alarming to me that Gen IX's release is not on the same schedule as the anime and card game, and vice versa, or seemingly near it. I don't mind waiting for the next saga, but I hope this serves as an indicator for the respective parties involved to not churn the games out so quickly.
  6. Alola

Interesting. I didn't know they were hemorrhaging employees even before Journeys began. Maybe that's a big reason behind the formula of Journeys - by relegating the cast to two people with an episodic schedule (and the world tour allowing for flexibility in story telling), they wanted to ease...
  7. Alola

Interestingly, the Bea battle featured most of the music from the Volkner battle. So, it's a bit jarring to read that you didn't like the latter when it also played in the former. Unless you're saying the inclusion of the Galar Gym Battle OST and the Galar Trainer 2~TV Anime Version was just...
  8. Alola

This is the first I'm hearing of this. However, I would imagine the praise primarily regards Volkner for several reasons: The animation was really nice. A good mix of fluid (ex. Pikachu and Electivire Iron Tail jousting) and static (ex. Lucario's Aura Sphere charge animation) shots, that made...
  9. Alola

:bulbaLove:
  10. Alola

HM already addressed how these points aren't accurate, so I won't belabor them. I will say that the point of my earlier jest (that I think people may have missed barring HM) that you commented on is that the argument of Chloe not having a goal or an active goal is not an excuse as to why she...
  11. Alola

Gee. It isn't like the beloved, OG female companion/lead didn't have an active goal and was largely along for the ride for three sag- Oh wait.
  12. Alola

This so much. There's such a dissonance between the music and their poorly edited openings.
  13. Alola

It sounds lethargic and too gentle for me, for an opening theme. Where's the excitement? Where's the infectious energy that draws the children in so that they don't change the channel? (And yes, I know this is Netflix but many of the dub openings since Black & White have been of this dynamic). I...
  14. Alola

I can't believe the leak was real. I guess Khu, despite all his stupid antics, is credible across the board with their leaks. I'm just concerned how the Master's 8 is going to be handled and if it will be done in a substantial manner. Will Ash battle the 7 of them? Will they be paired and...
  15. Alola

Here's some key art for Serena's Journeys appearance; her new outfit continues to grow on me the more I look at it. Note Ash's ribbon in the third depiction :bulbaLove:
  16. Alola

I really enjoyed Drasna's appearance as well as her voice actress, Fumi Hirano. She barely had any characterization in the games aside from being vaguely motherly to a player (and even then, that's being generous). But here, she actively puts on a ditzy and unassuming façade that belies a...
  17. Alola

“Ultimate Pokémon Battle?” Then get ready to see Ash inexplicably use a Z-Move, Mega Evolution, and Dynamax all in his battle against Leon. I don’t see the writers passing that opportunity up now.
  18. Alola

They did give Cynthia a brand new Kommo-o though when they didn't have to (and yes, I am aware of the Pokémon Masters connection), along with her Garchomp learning the Gen 8 Scale Shot; Brock's Blissey, who originated from Sinnoh as a Happiny, was also allowed to fully evolve. I'm also 99% sure...
  19. Alola

So I just saw the latest Corocoro for tomorrow. I am baffled that Iris, Brock, and Clemont were allowed to have their Pokémon evolve for their returns, but the writers are hellbent on not giving Dawn a Lopunny or either Typholsion.
  20. Alola

I love how Lucas already anticipated such a meeting before the episode was even announced :LOL: In honor of the Lumiose siblings whom we'll be seeing soon enough.
Back
Top Bottom