Search results for query: *

1. A

TEEN: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation

36 FUSION IS JUST A CHEAP TACTIC TO MAKE WEAK SYNTHETICS STRONGER! [ahem] I'd be wary of your fic getting too popular, because you run the risk of getting buried under a mountain of Steven Universe comparisons for what you did to Owen and Gahi here. I say that having never watched the show...
  2. A

34 tl;dr version: quiet chapter is quiet. As far as deeper thoughts go, the banter was my favorite part about the chapter. There were a lot of great one-liners tossed around between the cast and some fun little dynamics such as super-stoic James delivering an "order" for Owen to take Team Alloy...
  3. A

Nifty. But edgy flutter borb is still my favorite fire/flier and he's not even a pokémon. :V For an evolution chapter, this was surprisingly quiet, though I think that's by the plot's design since this whole arc of sorts was emphasizing the perils that the head of battle could put on Owen and...
  4. A

31 Huh. Interesting. So, it was a Poké Ball factory... like the one in Kalos. Or fanon ones people tend to associate with Silph Co. I guess this means Brandon came from a world of humans and pokémon, then. The big question, of course, is just what happened to that world. Maybe it's tied into why...
  5. A

Actually, I've never watched any FMA. :V Minor nitpick to start out, here. And it's what canis mentioned. After Owen Enet-sits for a night you say "the next few days pass by unceremoniously," only for the conversation with Klent to bring up the promise Owen made about waiting two days to...
  6. A

Here is your ketchup delivery, good sir. Spoilered for simplicity's sake. Okay, that's everything. Honestly, with how much deceit and behind-the-scenes scheming there is... just about the only major player I actually trust is (and this will sound terrible) Arceus. He may be angry and a...
  7. A

So, for the first time in our main, numbered chapters, we have ourselves an extended action sequence. And I liked it. Generally, I don't tend to have all that much in the way of comments when it comes to action scenes unless something really gives me pause. But I thought it flowed just fine for...
  8. A

Chapter 13 Let me start off by saying that Mystic power is absolutely crazy. This isn't necessarily a complaint, mind you, as I, too, am guilty of having a (forbidden) power that seems to have a laundry list of available abilities to supply its user. I'm only bringing it up because of the sheer...
  9. A

And so the Guardian hunt beings and, predictably, hilarity ensues. That's all folks! *musical fanfare* ... okay, fine, fine, I'll be serious. Serious about the lack of serious vibes I got from the chapter as a whole. It might just be a me thing, but it was really hard for me to take either...
  10. A

So, Deca's a spirit, I take it. One like James or Alex that can fully manifest and go about doing whatever the heck it wants to. That... seems like the conclusion I could draw from all of this. I don't really think Deca is Owen unless Star has some sort of power split spirits/consciousnesses...
  11. A

So, Arceus was all-powerful and completely afraid of his own power, eh? Well, you're certainly not the first fic to feature baddies trying to usurp Arceus (in fact, lucarioknight's stuff is entirely about that). But having a god stripping himself of his own powers out of fear he's going to get...
  12. A

I'll be honest, I was initially expecting just a quiet chapter with Owen and Zena... again. Probably because I'm much used to longer fics being slower paced while yours is... not. But you've clearly used to that your advantage in racking up all the popularity, so it's working. I guess I'll...
  13. A

Man, what is it with the PMD stories I read having upset Charmeleons lost in their own angry thoughts or just saying them out loud like they're losing their minds? I'm starting to sense a pattern here. Not that I think there's anything wrong with how you approached Owen's continuing mental...
  14. A

I've got to hand it to Rhys by stepping in and immediately defusing the situation by saying the effects may only be temporary. Even if the fact that he's not surprised is a bit suspicious, I still think it's a good display of acting calm in the face of something unexpected... and I like that. I...
  15. A

Owen is here to kick some grass! All joking aside, while the idea of the big, important guardian actually being rather childlike and not serious isn't terribly original, I think you pull it off well. I know playful Mews are the more common interpretation in the fandom (I've done it once), I've...
  16. A

Well that was... certainly something alright. You did it Owen! You touched the orb! That's totally not a euphemism or anything. :V The chapter pretty much confirms my theory that Rhys and Nevren had something to do with mucking up both Owen's and Team Alloy's memories. It makes sense that it...
  17. A

Dungeon banter is fine and everything... except for that one part about Owen itching for a fight. Like, I understand that pokémon battle, but in a world without trainers, I do think that you need to have an explanation for why it happens other than "I get antsy if I don't get in a fight." So...
  18. A

Ludicolo is the perfect 'mon to run a café. I imagine Miror B's Retro Groove playing in the background... because of course it is. alternatively, Wario de Mucho. Anyway, Owen is incredibly perceptive. I say that because I'm not used to seeing a PMD protagonist that's this good at picking up on...
  19. A

Man, nothing but Hearts as far as the eye can see, huh? But when's the only important heart showing up, huh? Y'know what I mean, right? The Jamba Heart! Dark Lord be praised! I do think you did a better job with the descriptions here. You actually gave me a sense of the layout of Hotspot...
  20. A

This was not what I was expecting this chapter. I don't mean that in a bad way. It was just... different. To start, I like the idea of magical jamming signals blocking the use of orbs. That's a nice way of writing around that niche game mechanic. As for the battle itself, well, I'm not sure why...
Back
Top Bottom