Search results for query: *

1. A

Controversial opinions

And really, when dealing with a fantasy series, I feel it disingenuous to play the realism card just to win an argument. It's like when a writer does so to justify a decision. Cause if realism is one's preference 90 percent of the time, you have to double down on that stance even when said...
  2. A

Controversial opinions

Agree and disagree at the same time. Let's say it's arguably a prime example of execution mattering as much as the idea. Granted it's a cheat, but looking at two Spider-Man cartoons and their depiction of Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man has him making mistakes even to a jerkish...
  3. A

Controversial opinions

O think the main anime can still be entertaining if viewed without false expectations and recognizing that advertising the game and other merchandise is the priority. But I get why there is critique. The show wasn't originally made to be never ending and people want see the character's story...
  4. A

Controversial opinions

I know that some fans are unapologetic, but this is an unpopular opinion?
  5. A

Controversial opinions

I'd say maybe the anime just needs to polish the idea better. Execution of the idea matter a tad bit more and all. That said, I see it as a case of their added power going to their head. Like say Charmeleon being just more stronger and Charizard being more so, plus with flight. Not to...
  6. A

Controversial opinions

Well one thing I will say relating to it is that while Charizard Chills is a nice resolution to the Pokémon disobedience? When they redid this for Dawn and Mamoswine in DP (the whole disobedience upon evolving), there is room for improvement, one advantages over the Ash/Charizard stuff? You at...
  7. A

Controversial opinions

I can do with that. More or less yeah, though the Diglett ep arguably can go either way in that it demonstrates that trained Pokémon still can have free will. So maybe if those occasions were prominent as well as more amoral tendencies from characters. Mind you, Misty's treatment of Psyduck...
  8. A

Controversial opinions

The trade aspect granted, though isn't the bolded part more on players who take winning too seriously? Kind of like how Tajiri if not Game Freaks and Nintendo wanted the trade feature to be more for social benefits like players helping one another (based off Ken Sugimori getting a couple rare...
  9. A

Controversial opinions

Yeah and it's trap some fall into. Sure happy endings are often times done to give good feels and at the expense of a good story. But you have people on the flipside who mistake dark for art 100%. Especially to the point of contradicting thyself. Like my example of how Pokémon even captured...
  10. A

Controversial opinions

I don't know if it counts as controversial or slightly unpopular, but while Shudo had good ideas and some plans shouldn't be dismissed, anyone think his planned ending for the anime stinks of shame for the type of show it is? Like writers who work on a comic series and try to downplay the fun...
  11. A

Controversial opinions

I'm a Pokéshipper myself (also a Journeyshipper), but my point is mainly questioning if there's a good reason to single out shipping as a whole as being (factually) perverted, but not coming down on the show for when it got less than well classy (or anime as a whole).
  12. A

Controversial opinions

No he dismisses all shipping with the kid characters cause he stated finding it creepy.
  13. A

Controversial opinions

I really would like to not have to discuss this either, but it's shipping in general for whatever reason that apparently has this stigma. Up until this decade I thought the only issue people had with shippers is that they base pairing off the flimsiest details or treat their headcanon as fanon...
  14. A

Controversial opinions

Guess you could argue that Flint having to keep track of all that info was payback enough and that Brock thought so.:-D
  15. A

Controversial opinions

One last thing on the whole shipping bit, but yeah back in August I mentioned how I don't feel like negative stigma is necessary enough of a reason to avoid certain properties/fandoms cause you'd have to avoid a lot just to feel good about yourself. And I'd argue the Pokémon anime on it's own...
  16. A

Controversial opinions

Not entirely in line with the discussion, but in response to a bit from Dogasu's review of Machoke, Machoke Man where he critiques the fact that his line up was different from the game, yet no say Hitmontop and taking into consideration that: 1. Chuck, Bugsy and Falkner lack a Gen 2 Pokémon in...
  17. A

Controversial opinions

I mean why else did it take this long for him to be permitted to win a game based league? Ever since the end of the 90s all the way up to today it's seldom if any to see an all ages cartoon (Japan or even US) with anything other than an underdog youth (DB Super the only exception I can find on...
  18. A

Controversial opinions

Sorry for flying off the handle.
  19. A

Controversial opinions

OK and I apologize for that. First off I've accepted that the anime itself won't go in that direction. No I tend to get tense, because: 1. Yeah lack of good faith. I'm sure some Pokéshippers, Advancedshipper do have more squicky intents/views, just I don't think it helps to label or insist...
  20. A

Controversial opinions

I still don't see why this is the case. I mean: 1. I get that as people get older they equate racy moments with dating/romance, but fact is there are ways to convey dating between 10 year olds without going outside the Y to G rated category. 2. Dating would at least be potentially pleasant...
Back
Top Bottom