Search results for query: *

1. A

Thoughts on BW

Okay I think there's room to "agree to disagree" on whether the Trio should be more serious or say humane and comical. But it would be nice if those approving of their BW portrayal could explain why they're easy to take serious. The subplot leading up to the lost two parter had them succeeding...
  2. A

Thoughts on BW

In hindsight I don't think Paul is the perfect rival by any means, but my take on Trip is that his an Ash's rivalry had nothing riding on it other than "Trip beat me so I'll show him". 1. With Paul it was proving that compassion doesn't weaken your Mon. Basically rivalry based on different...
  3. A

Thoughts on BW

Appreciate the apology and I will admit as strongly as I feel about my assertion it still is an opinion that could be proven wrong. Hard to say. But yes there is the Shudo example and even the GS Ball being abandoned with them confirming that they expected the audience would forget about it...
  4. A

Thoughts on BW

Fair enough, but I hope if nothing else the other part of the comment better explains why it felt like Misty's chew out worked more often. Especially knowing that she didn't care much for Caterpie while taking issue with it being endangered. I might edit that post a bit later to add more, but...
  5. A

Thoughts on BW

Well then hopefully my second point in the post above gives you some valid Iris critique and I ask you look at that (Namely 2B).
  6. A

Thoughts on BW

This I'll concede, but... A. No I don't find gags in and of themselves to be a turn off. Just as you said it is over done. B. At the very least I have insulted no poster and ask for the same courtesy if nothing else. Yes some critics as mentioned have resorted to stalking or worse, but...
  7. A

Thoughts on BW

Also I think they make the mistake of giving her legit criticism of Iris (regarding her use of Dragonite) but because she's a strawperson her words are meaningless. Well regarding the parts of your post I bolded goes back to my previous assertion. The writers of this season flat out make...
  8. A

Thoughts on BW

Team Plasma had the removal of the 2 parter not occurred might have been an exception to the rule (the other being TR being allowed some absence from episodes). Also recent Atop the 4th Wall episode was on the two Nimbus Gym episodes: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CKTOHCU7ZM But...
  9. A

Thoughts on BW

I don't know. SM may be different from XY, but still not in the same way BW was. Even with his reduced ambition and skill, the anime tries at least to still make him a decent trainer, the Rocket Trio are entertaining and have many humanizing moments (and even some wins) and the Alola casts...
  10. A

Thoughts on BW

Agreed and I'm curious where you stand on another matter regarding them in BW. Namely how the trio tend to be the least evil and more sympathetic of the Rocket Organization. Besides being unentertaining for BW you didn't get much or I think any episodes that really play up their more humane...
  11. A

Thoughts on BW

And to specify my earlier post they defeat Ash in a Pokémon battle in SM episode 12 despite being the goofier and inferior version. One episode sure, but BW's version despite being more serious still didn't get a win over the lead characters. :LOL:
  12. A

Thoughts on BW

True but as they say quality usually matters more than quantity. For one Kanto Ash was clueless to matters of the heart, but he still knew what certain dating/relationship terms meant. Him not knowing what a couple means is akin to Goku thinking that marriage was food. And Dazzling the...
  13. A

Thoughts on BW

- Besides it relying on reseting Ash, his rivalry with Trip has nothing riding on it. Paul was Ash's opposite in how he treated his Pokémon. Gary started in the same town and same day that he did, but started off better and more prepared. Basically beating him proves that his late start is a...
Back
Top Bottom