Search results for query: *

1. A

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Rock, despite being a very bad type, is extremely important offensively. Because of Stealth Rock and the many ways to remove it, a Pokemon's defense vs. Rock plays a big role in its viability. Every type is important in its own way, however I'm going to just go out there and say that the worst...
  2. A

It should run Ice Punch and Earthquake. Crunch isn't really needed since Stone Edge hits all the targets you really need Crunch to hit, while Earthquake and Ice Punch have almost perfect coverage together and hit almost 3/4 of all mons for SE damage with Stone Edge.
  3. A

Adding to this, it also is there for HP-dependent moves like Water Spout/Eruption, Reversal/Flail, Brine, and Wring Out/Crush Grip.
  4. A

If you want to run some offensive investment, try 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA Modest. The defensive EVs maximize your physical bulk. If you want to run maximum offensive investment(Which I don't know why you'd be doing on a non-specs set), use 52 HP / 204 Def / 252 SpA Modest. Both spreads make...
  5. A

FYI, I've been inactive because I've been dealing with IRL issues. I'm just letting you guys know that I'm still alive.
  6. A

Starmie additionally lacks the power to run Scarf, it must run a boosting item to do meaningful damage to non-frail teams. 252 SpA Starmie Psyshock vs. 232 HP / 136+ Def Mega Venusaur: 150-176 (41.7 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO You are seeing a STAB SE attack fail to get the 2HKO on a common...
  7. A

Both will want to run Adamant.
  8. A

Max out speed, since Flareon's physical movepool is so limited that Flame Charge is actually useful.
  9. A

No. Natures that do absolutely nothing are universally terrible. In addition, Groudon's massive physical bulk is a selling point.
  10. A

If you're annoyed with soft resetting for a good Hidden Power, then Dragon pulse has a use on Scarf Heatran. But yeah, outside of that it's mostly bad.
  11. A

You need 31 Attack, 31 SpA, and 31 Spe. Mind you, this is incredibly difficult, so good luck. I'm settling for a 2 IV Latias with either Timid, Hasty, or Naive in AS.
  12. A

If you really need the extra power, than sure you can use Focus Blast. But both the higher PP of Aura Sphere and its reliability against evasion-pass teams make it preferred.
  13. A

I run Psystrike/Aura Sphere/Ice Beam/Snatch on my Mewtwo in Ubers. Snatch lets you steal Geomancies and Calm Minds to make yourself even more powerful. Flamethrower is a bad idea on Mewtwo as Mewtwo should not be staying in vs. Genesect and Scizor anyway, and Aura sphere lets you beat...
  14. A

Thunder is actually extremely common on rain teams in high level play as they should almost always use Mega Manectric. Of course scarf base 110s, Protect Mega Alakazam, and Thundurus-I beat rain teams easily due to outspeeding their best threats. Gothitelle is also a great way to beat rain teams...
  15. A

Mew is a pokemon so versatile that answering that question in the usual sense is impossible. However, you can ask what the best moveset for Mew is if you're having it take a specific role. Mew can be a wall, a bulky defogger, a lure, pretty much anything.
  16. A

The tier list actually goes Illegal (a.k.a. Hackmons) Uber (Playable banlist) OU (Playable tier) BL (Banlist, not playable on Showdown!) UU (Playable tier) BL2 (Banlist, not playable on Showdown!) RU (Playable beta) BL3 (Banlist, not playable on Showdown!, not existent yet) NU (Playable...
  17. A

If you aren't choiced, I'd actually recommend Will-o-wisp. Cripples potential physical fighting types.
  18. A

Kyurem-N is UU, so I can see that he might have made a mistake. And Diggersby is BL, not BL2.
  19. A

I actually would accept a 4 IV Mewtwo, provided that the two imperfect IVs are in the attack you aren't using and one of its defenses. To speed up the process, now would be a great time to use that Master Ball.(Used it already? Win a new one in the LOTO-ID! Don't have that kind of luck? Too bad!)
Back
Top Bottom