Search results for query: *

1. Archaic

International Politics Thread

He's also basically the heir apparent the the Liberal Party's most far right faction. Basically, the part of the party which caused the rest of the electorate to chuck them in the bin. To win government, they'd need to win the cities back, and they can't do that under Dutton.
  2. Archaic

Sadly, it appears the potato may have saved his seat, so he'll probably end up the opposition leader now. On the plus side, that'll pretty much make them entirely unelectable next time.
  3. Archaic

Dutton's currently looking like he'll win his seat, sadly. Though that could easily come down to postal votes.
  4. Archaic

This is a landslide, but not one for Labor. Indeed, this doesn't feel like a Labor victory over the Liberal/National coalition at all. Rather, it feels like a landslide victory for 3rd party and independent candidates who wanted strong and immediate action on climate change. Hopefully now...
  5. Archaic

The best sausage sizzle in the nation today. Full marks on The Barnaby and The Pauline.
  6. Archaic

Thankfully, the semi-sentient potato is looking like he's going to lose his own seat in the event that the coalition lose. Pretty much any scenario where the coalition lose will see them without either ScumMo, Fridenberg, or Dutton, so they're likely to be in a lot of confusion there post-election.
  7. Archaic

Slovenia also had their own elections over the weekend, where the far-right government has been turfed out in favour of the green-liberal Freedom Movement. It does thankfully seem like Europe is starting to throughly reject the ultra-nationalists.
  8. Archaic

ScoMo gives a bad name to marketers everywhere. People like him are the reason I focused so much on marketing ethics when I was teaching undergrads. I suppose Morrison being a close contact to a confirmed COVID case won't do anything to change how the Liberals conduct their campaign. After all...
  9. Archaic

Bumping this as a reminder to my fellow Australians. The AEC estimates that as many as 25% of people aged between 18 and 25 aren't yet registered to vote. You can register online using the link indigohex3 provided. Please do so, and help us all put Morrison in the bin.
Back
Top Bottom