Search results for query: *

1. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

I'll let the ad people know. If you can manage to grab screenshots, or better yet the actual URL that the scam ads go to, please send those through to me, they'll make hunting these down a lot easier.
  2. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Yeah, that's obviously no good. I'll bring that one directly to the ad networks.
  3. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

They're not meant to appear in tables, no. Though this may be more a coding error rather than a bad ad as such. I'll make sure it's looked into.
  4. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Can you provide the URL that the ad directs you to? This will make it much easier for our ad networks to hunt down this rogue ad.
  5. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

I've raised your concerns with DailyBits, and they're correcting the wording on their giveaway to eliminate confusion. For the record, email registration (and verification, to prove you're not a spambot) is the only requirement for entry into their giveaway.
  6. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Alright, thanks. While we have had those sort of ads from time to time (which are meant to display instead of other ads on screen, so that you can more easily read the page once you dismiss it), that does appear to be taking up a disproportionate amount of your screen space. I'll look into it...
  7. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

How big of a tablet? 7 inch? 10 inch?
  8. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

I'll look into that for you @MatrixChap. Can I get an idea of what kind of screen size device you're on there? If you're on a phone, you should've been put on the mobile skin, not that full desktop skin. Try adding "m." before the URL. Should make it a bit easier to work with.
  9. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

@DashtheRaichu Sorry for taking a few days to reply to you, been dealing with a bad case of food poisoning. Do you happen to have the URL it was trying to load at all (as opposed to the fake URL specified in the popup)? We've had one or two other reports of this, but so far we don't have the...
  10. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

We'll be looking into that one. Certainly shouldn't be there.
  11. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Thanks for the report, we'll follow that up with our ad providers immediately.
  12. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Thanks @TheRubystar, we'll follow up. Just to check those, only show up on your phone browser, and not on a computer?
  13. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

We'll do the best we can to track it down then, but that's going to be difficult without the initial URL it used. I don't suppose you recall at all the ad images that were showing at the time?
  14. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

You're the first person who's ever reported anything like this. We'll do what we can to investigate it. The ads displayed to mobile phones and tablets differ to the regular ad networks shown to regular browsers, so with any luck that may make it a little easier to track down. If you have the...
  15. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Just FYI guys, it's practically impossible for us to track these down without a link. =/
  16. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Expanders are not generally objectionable (unless they're really covering far too much of the screen). They shouldn't appear for mobile browsers, but if that happens let us know. We're going to introduce a mobile skin later this year without that particular ad code, but the ads are supposed to...
  17. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Please be aware everyone, there's a difference between an "expander" and a "pop-up". Some expander ads you might see are actually legitimate as far as we're concerned. So it's really important that you get screenshots for those as well as the URL. Some expanders are too intrusive and are removed...
  18. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

You don't need to mention me in this thread, got it subscribed so I get notifications anyway. ^^;; Will follow it up. As always though, remember that it's very difficult to track these down without tracking down the URL it's trying to send you to.
  19. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

No, they are most certainly not. There should be no pop-ups on the site whatsoever. I'll look into it tomorrow. That could only be from a bad ad.
  20. Archaic

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Silver Lining Remember, the most important thing to us is not the screenshot (though that's a help), but the actual link that the banner would direct you to. Right click it and select "copy link" (or the equivalent from your browser) if you see it again please.
Back
Top Bottom