Search results for query: *

1. Aulos

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Don't forget Fire Emblem! Another one of those franchises that shows up oh-so frequently as one of the "big surprises". :rolleyes: I just have to accept that Nintendo Directs will never be as exciting as they used to be for me.
  2. Aulos

The turn-based battle system is actually one way I found DQXI archaic. Perhaps it's unfair to say that the battle system has no value in modern games. I do not mind it as much in Pokemon or Persona. I think the problem with DQXI's system that irked me was that for some reason we can run around...
  3. Aulos

Well, to each their own. To me, what I played of Dragon Quest XI (I got to this big port town, IIRC), I felt like it was very archaic and stuck in the past. It felt like I had to have played the DQ series since the 90s to really appreciate it. To me, coming to it in early 2019, I needed...
  4. Aulos

Well, I like music, and music is very important to my enjoyment of a game. It's obviously not the sole factor, but let me tell you, DQXI's original soundtrack (not as much the Switch one, but still) is straight-up grating and did quite a bit to sour my opinion of the game, unfortunately.
  5. Aulos

It's funny because as much as I ranged from uninterested to "Seriously?" (looking at you, Fire Emblem character #151,654,684,896) with the vast majority of Smash Ultimate DLC characters, I liked Sora's addition. He was a highly requested addition and that set him apart from a lot of the DLC...
  6. Aulos

Well, we all have our opinions. I think that the low points of the Pokemon series have been Gen III and VII, with IV being upward from III, V being the peak, and VI past the peak, but still not bad. VII I do not like. S/M were frustrating for me, and LGP/E shall not be spoken of. Gen VII is the...
  7. Aulos

Not all of us play games for the challenge (I don't), so it's nothing to be ashamed of. I know a lot of elitists out there want to act like gaming has no point if it's not challenging. That's... them. Not everyone, and I wish they would realize that and quit being so snobby.
  8. Aulos

Ha. Reminds me of Sunshine. It's been forever since I played through that game, but I remember those "Secret of" levels giving me all kinds of trouble. I'm not particularly good at video games, though, so that might have something to do with it. lol
  9. Aulos

It is a shame. Spyro and Crash Bandicoot both got trilogy releases with the games actually fully remade with modern graphics. Super Mario 64 gets... a port. Nintendo has always done this. With Zelda, as well. The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are nothing more than remasters, but...
  10. Aulos

HHD was an excellent spin-off. I've never understood why people disliked it so much. I saw so many complaints that boiled down to "It's not a full Animal Crossing game". Well, of course it wasn't, it was released two-three years (depending on whether you're coming from a US or Japan perspective)...
  11. Aulos

It really hadn't aged well by the time I first tried to play it (which would have been early 2000s?). So, yeah. I hate to be that way, but it just felt like such a bizarre game to me to be a Mario game, it was hard for me to enjoy.
  12. Aulos

The DS version's graphics always bothered me. Not so much the character models, which I understood they modernized. But stuff like the texture of the castle floor having their textures completely removed and turned into grey blotches was really disappointing. I think I have a deep sickness of...
  13. Aulos

That reminds me... My favorite Kirby game was Kirby 64. No other Kirby game has been anywhere near that enjoyable for me.
  14. Aulos

Sunshine was interesting because it had the 64 style open levels but then some of the “stars” (shrine sprites) were in separate “Secret of...” (I think that’s what they were called?) levels which were separate individual linear courses. Odyssey definitely followed that pattern, but also with 2D...
  15. Aulos

On Majora's Mask, I get it. When I think of what makes Majora's Mask outstanding, it's never its gameplay, dungeons, mechanics (although the transformations are neat), etc. Instead I'm always thinking about the great attention to detail put into building up the world and its characters (as in...
  16. Aulos

Honestly, because of Switch's paid online, regression to Friend Codes, lack of Virtual Console, and reliance on Wii U ports for so much of the time it's been out I have some agreement. The Switch could be so much better than it is, but it's held back by Nintendo being their usual selves and...
  17. Aulos

A general video game opinion: When horses are available in a game, I usually don't understand the appeal and don't use them. Especially open world games. It's not that I don't like horses, I think they're cute. It's just that not only am I not someone that is usually in a rush (I just like to...
  18. Aulos

Oh wow, I actually have a few copies of the "All" Materia. I just had no clue what it did. The description is incredibly vague, only saying "Applies 'All' to Shared Magic" or something like that. That's one aspect of the game that I can tell hasn't aged well. I have no clue what the descriptions...
  19. Aulos

I did not play FFVII in my childhood (I didn't even get a Sony console until the PS2) and am playing FFVII for my very first time right at this moment, so I know I may differ from those who are nostalgic for it. With that said, I have not at all been unhappy with any of the changes I'm seeing...
  20. Aulos

@SnowyGlacier I agree with you entirely about B/W. I also put B/W over B2/W2 pretty much solely because of the main adventure only having new Pokemon. Prior to B/W, I was stuck in a circle of mostly using the same Pokemon I could always rely on since Gen I. B/W forced me to actually try new...
Back
Top Bottom