Search results for query: *

1. Aulos

American Politics Thread

Well, with the Democrats keeping the Senate I feel a little safer in this country for the next two years. Not in my own state, of course, but maybe in a different state.
  2. Aulos

American Politics Thread

I hate how they try to use "We the People" for their minority positions. "We the People" rejected election denialists, even where they should have won because they were Republicans running in a midterm election where Republicans were favored because of them being opposite the president.
  3. Aulos

American Politics Thread

It's hard for me to forgive because Trump is just that much of a monster. Trump was both a horrible person and a horrible politician to elect. It's a miserable failure on both fronts to vote for him. I can not forgive and forget. The 2016 election was devastating beyond belief. Even in the best...
  4. Aulos

American Politics Thread

What, to Michigan? It's a swing state and that makes it unreliable. I will say that I have considered MI or PA to move to, but I'm not sure. The one thing about being a swing state is that it would be neat to feel like my vote counts... Here in Oklahoma it sure as heck doesn't. SMH. I just...
  5. Aulos

American Politics Thread

sigh This election looks like it will be depressing. I dearly wish that people would stop falling for right wing nonsensical propaganda that gas prices and inflation are the result of Biden and the Democrats. No doubt those are major issues impacting Americans' lives. The problem is that it's...
  6. Aulos

American Politics Thread

Why do they keep on saying "no president before has been subject to this" as if that is reason at all to condemn it?
  7. Aulos

American Politics Thread

I'm no strategist, but I think Democrat politicians running for election this year need to showcase the fact that the Republicans have assured a nation-wide abortion ban when they gain power again. There is a lot of apathy, and I'm afraid that apathy could continue. If Democrats run on "We will...
  8. Aulos

American Politics Thread

It would be unwise to underestimate conservative Christians in the US. They have been gradually been pushing the US further and further right and their masks have been coming off more and more. One very worrying thing... I should note that while the vast majority of conservative Christians may...
  9. Aulos

American Politics Thread

She was mocked for saying that? sigh Have people read history? A Christian theocracy can be every bit as vile as an Islamic theocracy. The Bible is from an even earlier time than the Qur'an and has many, many barbaric rules in it, and the history of Christian theocracies in the middle ages...
  10. Aulos

American Politics Thread

Aw, yeah, I don't trust North Carolina either. I've got to move to a blue state. Somehow. For a while I considered moving to Michigan, but sadly it can't be trusted either. =/ Things are getting too crazy.
  11. Aulos

American Politics Thread

Ooooooooklahoma where they'll not stop takin' your freedoms awayyyy https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/politics/oklahoma-abortion-ban-hb-4327-passed/index.html Someone help me get out of here. Please. T.T
  12. Aulos

American Politics Thread

The majority of Americans never turn out to vote, especially not the younger ones who are more effected by this. The Republican party has spent years and years enforcing unpopular policies that harm lots of people and the most we could get is a split senate with two conservative Democrats that...
  13. Aulos

American Politics Thread

Do you HONESTLY think that enough of a fire is going to be lit under Democrats to make a difference in the midterms? Lets look at the facts: 1. Midterms historically always favor the party opposite of the President. 2. Biden is overwhelmingly unpopular and the projections are really bad. 3...
  14. Aulos

American Politics Thread

And the Republicans already are promising a bill that will BAN abortion nationwide when they retake the congress, and they likely will because they've got all kinds of voter suppression in place in key places. I don't have any comforting words, This is bad, very bad.
  15. Aulos

American Politics Thread

To think, pre-Trump Florida actually went blue sometimes. Seems like it's really gone down the toilet now.
  16. Aulos

American Politics Thread

The Biden admin is actually taking action and not just words against the horrendous Texas anti-trans order. https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/02/texas-greg-abbott-transgender-investigation-00013408
  17. Aulos

American Politics Thread

Senate MINORITY leader McConnell can say whatever he wants. He doesn't determine it this time. lol
  18. Aulos

American Politics Thread

Just popping in to say that the fact that Trump gets booed for saying he got vaccinated and encouraging his audiences to do the same, just proves that he has created a monster that is out of his control. This is very scary.
  19. Aulos

American Politics Thread

"Democrats will need to take a lesson from this" And what kind of lesson is that? To become more evil, like the Republicans? The people who let Republicans win clearly don't care about the Democrats doing much, otherwise they wouldn't. let. Republicans. win. The only reason we're in the...
  20. Aulos

American Politics Thread

My point is that half-measures are the much better alternative to the party that is outright taking away rights when they're in power. The right is so extremist right now. The Democrats not doing enough is not a good argument to not vote to keep them in power when the only alternative is a party...
Back
Top Bottom