Search results for query: *

1. Aulos

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

How is it that these games are so painfully conservative (including going back to single use TMs) but then when it comes to one of the worst issues of Sword/Shield - EXP Share always on, they bring it over? Also, I never liked Amity Square telling me which Pokemon were cute and which were not...
  2. Aulos

Apparently not my Galarian Rapidash. I don't remember having any trouble with Leon at all. In fact, I think his Charizard may have been the only one that didn't get one-shotted. But it's been a year and a half so I don't remember for sure.
  3. Aulos

Sword/Shield were terrible about that with the Exp Share All being forced. If you spend even a remotely decent amount of time in the Wild Area you become massively overleveled and mow through the rest of the game.
  4. Aulos

I'm just so lost. The live action Lion King is objectively a remake. A remaster would be a rerelease of the original Lion King animation upscaled. It's funny that you bring up films, because as I pointed out earlier, people understand all too clearly the difference between remasters and remakes...
  5. Aulos

I'm not really sure where you're getting at here. I'm not concerned with what the Pokemon fandom thinks. Whether or not a game is a remake is an objective standard. I'd be curious to hear other opinions on FFVII Remake with its changes, but this is not the time or place for that. I was only...
  6. Aulos

What are people calling it, if not a remake? Look, I don't want to get off-topic with FF here. But Final Fantasy VII Remake is on the far opposite spectrum of a remake from BD/SP. They are both remakes, just one (FFVII Remake) is much more ambitious in reimagining and the other (BD/SP) is...
  7. Aulos

I'm sorry but they really don't. Take a look at comparisons and you'll see, BD/SP are clearly built from the ground up. They are designed to be extremely conservative and follow the originals in many stubborn ways, but they are most certainly not just the original D/P repackaged with updated...
  8. Aulos

The companies conflate these terms a lot and it has caused a lot of confusion. But I'll just say, think of movies. If you think of a remastered movie, you are most likely going to think of a release that is very much the same movie you remember, just upscaled. Whereas a remake is a brand new...
  9. Aulos

While I agree that these games are looking extremely conservative, they are, by definition, remakes and not remasters. Remasters are like Twilight Princess HD, where the game isn't actually remade, it's just upscaled. These games are true remakes, they just aren't very good looking ones.
  10. Aulos

There's a reason I don't have interest in a lot of indie games. Sprite-based games are old-fashioned to me and only existed because the hardware necessitated them. The games just don't hold up to me nowadays, and thus it's just bizarre to see new games released in that limited style. Nothing...
  11. Aulos

There was always a decent sized amount of people criticizing it from the beginning. Personally, I enjoyed the game a lot in the beginning and still think it is a great Animal Crossing game that brought a lot to the series with the outdoor furniture feature and the town sculpting feature. TBH...
  12. Aulos

Wind Waker was a brand new Zelda game, that took an artstyle that was drastically different from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. Graphically, Wind Waker was not lacking, it was just a different style. (For those who don't know the history, I was there and can say, yes, people did seem to have a...
  13. Aulos

The talk of Sword/Shield looking like an N64 game was based on the trees in the Wild Area, which did, lets be honest, look like trees from OOT. BUT that wasn't the entire game. And I already knew that the general graphics were way better than N64 graphics when the tree was revealed. The Wild...
  14. Aulos

Indeed. Video games are a visual medium. Good graphics enhance a game a lot. One way I can think of is making it so much more immersive.
  15. Aulos

I just have a hard time believing that this game will overhaul the gameplay/features much at all. I mean the graphics are a large part of the presentation, and you can see from that they are taking an extremely conservative approach to this game. Maybe, hopefully they will surprise us, but...
  16. Aulos

I'm just saying... I expect a quality increase when I'm spending more money.
  17. Aulos

These are not priced like a 3DS game. They are priced like a Switch game.
  18. Aulos

Yes, but because of the complete lack of overhaul in the environments and graphics I see absolutely no reason to spend $60 for this when I can just go back and play the original Diamond on my DS or 3DS. I'll get the gameplay from the originals. Yeah, that's what I mean when I say it looks...
  19. Aulos

From one trailer it is quite easy to determine this. The games have the graphical quality of a 3DS game. The lighting is nothing like in other Switch games like LGP/E. It doesn't even look HD. The texture/color scheme looks very drab and unappealing compared to the originals. The textures and...
  20. Aulos

When the bar gets set even lower, this happens. I will never "praise" LGP/E. It's just that these remakes are so cheaply made that they make even LGP/E look like a masterpiece.
Back
Top Bottom