Search results for query: *

1. AvatarAce2015

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Given your summary of the first chapter of the Volcanion movie tie-in manga; I don't know what to make of the premise still. I'm not a real big fan of chained heat stories; but Magearna does open up quite a few possibilities, as does the setting of Azoth Kingdom. I've liked retro-futuristic...
  2. AvatarAce2015

So, it seems a video on the Japanese Pokémon YouTube channel reveals that Sun and Moon are coming out in Winter time this year; near the end of chronicling the history of the games so far. What do you all think of that?
  3. AvatarAce2015

Hey, Dogasu, congratulations on the milestone once again; and to help kick off your celebration of the 20th anniversary of the franchise! I got my 20th anniversary New 3DS yesterday; and I'm enjoying playing the Virtual Console releases of Red/Blue/Yellow (I'm definitely willing to lend a hand...
  4. AvatarAce2015

Great job on the revamped comparison to the third movie, Dogasu; and congrats on the milestone! Still very interesting to see how what's ostensibly 4Kids' best-dubbed movie still has lots of things going on with it. As for Dan Green's role: it definitely takes on new meaning after he lost his...
  5. AvatarAce2015

Nice work on your revamped "Pikachu and Pichu" comparison Dogasu! While I'm not sure how to feel about that first paragraph's assessment of the plot; I found the short, much like its kin; to be enjoyably silly. With the information you provided; I can definitely see why this skit is an outlier...
  6. AvatarAce2015

I'll have to think about the new movie's premise more. Granted, I was expecting the people involved to scale down after the Hoopa movie underperformed at the box office (I expect the DVD release and TV airings should help salvage things somewhat, high school idol shows be damned); but I wasn't...
  7. AvatarAce2015

Nice work on this week's Entei Enero, Dogasu! Quite interesting to see how much differently Japan treats drug offenses than the US does; as well as how the ensuing fallout has had lasting effects for both the Pikachu and Pichu short and for Noriko Sakai as well. I can't go so far to say that...
  8. AvatarAce2015

Good job on the first Entei Enero, Dogasu. Very interesting to see how the movie could have turned out, and I'm looking forward to your revamped comparison with that knowledge in mind. Also, very interested to see what you have to say about the Pikachu and Pichu short; given what happened with...
  9. AvatarAce2015

Really enjoyed your look back at your predictions, Dogasu. With the 20th anniversary upon us; I can bet they're probably going to take full advantage of the situation. They'll probably take advantage of the loopholes with the anime and movies as well (since they came after the games in Japan). I...
  10. AvatarAce2015

Really enjoyed your last Lugia Lundis for now, Dogasu. I can say I liked those Johto eps from both the perspective of a 10-year-old and a 23-year-old. Amazing how many changes there were that made me glad that company that insisted on them is now bankrupt. As for the Scarface reference: it...
  11. AvatarAce2015

Hey, Dogasu; really been enjoying Lugia Lundis and your coverage of the Hoopa movie. I particularly liked your revamped comparison of the second movie; as it's my favorite of the original three, and as such very interesting to see all the changes they made (I have yet to track down a Japanese...
  12. AvatarAce2015

Really loved your final Mewtwo Monday, Dogasu! Very interesting to see how especially-aggressively promoted the movie was in Japan. Even there; they definitely wanted to make their first of many movies a hit. I'm really looking forward to see what you have planned for Lugia Lundis (I'm working...
  13. AvatarAce2015

Wow, the dub of Pikachu's Vacation was a big mess in hindsight. I haven't watched it in a while; but I found it to be enjoyable and silly, much like the numerous skits that followed it. As for the whole leaving after the short: I gather a fair number of people paid full price for one movie to...
  14. AvatarAce2015

Really loved your look at the Mewtwo Strikes Back manga, Dogasu! Very interesting to see how one of my favorite manga incarnations managed to make a distinct take on the movie even though Ono didn't have much to work with (it's common that people making a novel version of a movie are working off...
  15. AvatarAce2015

Really enjoyed your recaps of "It's Mr. Mime Time" and "Showdown and the Poké-Corral;" Dogasu. While the two may not be among my favorite episodes by any stretch; I do enjoy seeing them every so often. It's also all these little gaffes and goofy lines that make me glad the company that conceived...
  16. AvatarAce2015

Nice work on the Kanzenban write-up; Dogasu. Very glad you have stuff planned for the milestone of the Lugia movie; as it's clear we could use some levity after VizGate a few weeks ago. I'm also working on my on post for the 15th-odd anniversary of that movie as well; as it's my favorite of the...
  17. AvatarAce2015

Yeah, it's already spreading with how people aren't happy about Viz "special edition-ing" the Jynx episodes out like this. Definitely holding on my 2002 copy and ordering the 2008 release because of this. Heck, that gap without so much as a dancing Clefairy gif is pretty flagrant false...
  18. AvatarAce2015

Just found out about the Orange Islands DVD. The first user review on Amazon confirms this as well; and it sucks. I was wondering what happened when I was on Pokémon TV the other day; and now I have more incentive to hold on to my 2002 copy that I got at the flea market last year and seek out...
  19. AvatarAce2015

This year's movie should be pretty fun. Even regarding this whole business with the voice acting; I usually don't make too big a deal unless it's an egregious case (I compared the dub Ramos to everything from Boss Hogg to the hillbillies from Deliverance); and I am still watching the Japanese...
  20. AvatarAce2015

Hello there. First off, I did receive the Diancie movie as a belated birthday present; and I can refute the negative Amazon review and vouch for the fact that it has the scenes missing from Cartoon Network's airing of the movie (You'll find my review under "CartoonDude258"). It also has a dub of...
Back
Top Bottom