Search results for query: *

1. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

I agree it won't have much of an impact, but a rematch between Leon and Lance is still very much on the table, and I don't think the writers are aware that nobody wants to see that. Even Lance's VA said he hoped the rematch would happen, and seeing as how he obviously must have known ahead of...
  2. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

That's definitely an interpretation I haven't heard. If that's what they were going for, I wish they would have actually committed to it and had it function like the game facilities with unique formats, rather than just slapping the "Battle Frontier" name on a vanilla tournament. Still, I guess...
  3. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

The specific pairing of Piplup and Croagunk doesn't exist in any other context other than the ones owned by Dawn and Brock. Said pairing doesn't evoke the video games, it evokes the DP anime, and it's naive to think that wasn't fully intentional. These two were also featured in multiple...
  4. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

I really don't think any additional hints of an Ash/Alain battle were needed for this to be considered a tease. There's too much subtext in including Alain in a tournament that Ash is also competing in, especially considering their unfinished business and promise of a rematch. This series...
  5. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

I actually like Barry getting stomped in this battle. His whole deal was that he was was impatient and overconfident, which is a major weakness that Paul identified and took advantage of. Intentionally or not, it actually mirrors the way Paul behaved earlier in the series. He arrogantly...
  6. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

I don't really think Ash's current team has been poorly represented when it comes to battles though. They've all had major wins, which is more than you can say for most of his previous teams. Dracovish is really the only one I'd argue deserved at least one more battle prior to the tournament...
  7. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

It's obviously not good writing if Iris's offscreen growth completely eclipses that of every other companion or rival in the anime's history. This was a decision clearly made for convenience, and not the desire to develop the character in a meaningful way. It feels less like Iris actually...
  8. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

Yeah, it's obvious Ash belonged in the Hyper Class from the start of the series, and it feels like a lot of time was wasted on him speed-running up the ladder. I think the PWC would have worked much better with a smaller initial pool of trainers (say 100). It could have worked like the Galar...
  9. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

Jessie loving and accepting Dustox immediately was such a great character moment. You expect her to show some disappointment or stay in denial, but they don't go that route. Contrast that with the recent episode about Jolteon and Flareon, and how cold their trainers acted.
  10. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

He did tell Lusamine that he was going to look for it. I think the circumstantial evidence of Gladion suddenly acquiring such a rare Pokemon would lead anyone to the assumption that it was Mohn's, even if it wasn't. I guess the Dusk Ball and/or moveset could have been giveaways too.
  11. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

Correct. Also people act like they've never put out a misleading poster for this series before.
  12. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

The PWC seems rather pointless in retrospect. It was supposed to determine the strongest trainers in the world, but we already knew who the strongest were because they already earned their titles by winning their respective leagues. It was interesting when we thought there was a chance that gym...
  13. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

I think it relied too much on that horrible trope where the protagonist's Pokemon can tank a million hits just to create tension, but the opposing Pokemon goes down in like, three. This is something that plagued much of the Alola League, especially Suiren vs Guzma, which should have been a...
  14. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

Hadn't quite thought about it like that. Well done in making me appreciate an episode that I had completely dismissed before. :bulbaWave: I have other issues with Raboot's development, but as a stand-alone concept and episode, that works.
  15. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

Despite Cinderace being my favorite of the line, Gou's hasn't really endeared itself to me yet. I loved Gou's Raboot, and I'm honestly starting to wish it hadn't evolved so soon.
  16. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

If we're assuming that increased TRio appearances would mean they'd be delegated to cheap copy/paste conflict every episode, than I suppose a lower appearance rate is for the best, however there is no reason that has to be the case. When they are written organically into an episode, they are...
  17. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

That's awfully old-fashioned, don't you think?
  18. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

Now that you mention it, I wonder if the anime will even acknowledge the 3-turn rule, or if the form will just last until fainting. I agree that a one-sided Gigantamax battle would be really cool. Pikachu would have to scale it's body SotC style.
  19. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

I think people are assuming that Pikachu will be Ash's Giganta/Dynamax ace, in particular that the PWC will end in a Gigantamax Pikachu/Charizard battle, however I think it's more likely that he will use it on several of his Pokemon. Episodes 11 and 12 did the job of showcasing Pikachu's...
  20. Beatsy Ray

Controversial opinions

I doubt we've ever gotten specific ages, but Lucy, Olivia, and a Nurse Joy from DP off the top of my head. But really, why would a 15-year-old say they look forward to a 10-year-old turning 18. That's nonsensical, and at least for me confirms that Brock is at least 18. The Shudo novels are...
Back
Top Bottom