Search results for query: *

1. Beatsy Ray

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Since Kukui invented the Rotom Dex, I can see this being the gen 2 version that he completes at the start if the new series.
  2. Beatsy Ray

Could be, but If they were going with a new female character she probably would have been revealed at the same time as the Male. And the new Male character could potentially get 2 or all 3 Galar starters. To be honest I never thought it would be Gloria just because she gives me too strong...
  3. Beatsy Ray

I'm not sure how revealing the male VA means that there won't be a female protagonist. Maybe they're just holding out for a big surprise. Calling it now; Serena is the third companion. I know you're getting sick of the calendar, but look at the 3 largest and most centered Pokemon on the cover...
  4. Beatsy Ray

There's a big difference between featuring Pokemon with legitimate (if not small) roles and featuring Pokemon that are entirely irrelevant, which I think you're implying was done on the 2020 calendar. The Kanto starters WERE characters in the anime and there was an obvious reason to include...
  5. Beatsy Ray

It's a long-form harem show. And no I don't expect them to travel with him at the same time, just to tag along when he passes through their region. You can choose to ignore the significance of the calendar, but every single calendar from the last decade only show Pokemon of prominent characters...
  6. Beatsy Ray

To be honest, this makes sense if they really are bringing back past travelling companions. Let's face it, most of them are female. So they introduce a new permanent male companion and leave a blank spot for the female companion of any given region.
  7. Beatsy Ray

Look at the tails is all I can say. You can make out the six fluffy tails on the bottom right. Espeon has a sleeker body and an iconic upwards-pointing tail. If it were Espeon you would see the long tail sticking out but you don't.
  8. Beatsy Ray

That's the idea. I'm pretty sure it's not. It's too small and you can make out the poofy tail.
  9. Beatsy Ray

Also I think it's time to return to the old 2020 calendar. Relevance of the Pokemon continues to check out with Pikachu and Scorbunny being front and center.
  10. Beatsy Ray

Took a closer look at the poster and noticed a few oddities: Croagunk saving Piplup. I find it weird that they're in Hoenn. This one is kind of hard to see. Umbreon and Alolan Vulpix. Again in the wrong regions, but this is clearly a reference to Gladion and Lillie. And I just think it's...
  11. Beatsy Ray

Not that I've seen, but not all starters are present anyway. Although I believe Hoenn is the only one without any starters represented.
  12. Beatsy Ray

Just a few thoughts: The third companion slot may be intentionally left open for returning companions in each region. Many have commented that the new art style looks like a mix between SM and XY. This could be an attempt at creating an art style that all previous characters can exist in. On...
  13. Beatsy Ray

Just because there was a world tournament in Black and White 2 doesn't mean there can't be a similar concept in the anime. It's a pretty universal idea. Also just saying, they ARE promoting a 7 year old DS game. Have you looked at the bottom of the poster?
  14. Beatsy Ray

Charmander is riding Charizard. But yeah, a lot of Ash's popular Pokemon are present, but it's hard to say whether they're his or if they're just shown due to popularity. But to be fair, most of these Pokemon are only as popular as they are because Ash had them in the first place.
  15. Beatsy Ray

Don't worry, it's still not a reboot. I can't say I'm a huge fan of this art style, I was hoping ash would look a bit older. On the other hand, it looks like the theory of Ash being somewhat of a mentor figure to another trainer battling gyms might be a reality.
  16. Beatsy Ray

Here's some food for though on the topic of an AU reboot. Both Rica Matsumoto and the director for SM (I need a source for the latter but I keep hearing about this) have gone out of their way to enforce the idea that Ash winning a league isn't the end of his journey and isn't the last step of...
  17. Beatsy Ray

If Ash goes back to Sinnoh he will be able to challenge the league again since he already has the 8 badges. In addition, there is an Elite 4 and a Battle Frontier that were heavily teased in the DP series. And of course there's the towering obstacle that is Cynthia. Personally, I'd like to see...
  18. Beatsy Ray

Or the new series could start in Alola. Going back to the calendar, it appears that Mao and Lillie are both set to appear early on in the series, and we know Alola has to be featured at some point. I can see SM rapping up without any mention of Galar, with new series opening in Alola as...
  19. Beatsy Ray

Because the core games are only one aspect of the Pokemon franchise, and I don't think that they'll be the center of attention like they used to be considering how much money the mobile games are raking in. Even if SwShd is less pandering than previous generations, that will be made up for with...
  20. Beatsy Ray

A focus on Dynamaxing would make this a very different series. I guess we've been entering Digimon territory since mega Evolution, so who knows.
Back
Top Bottom