• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Beatsy Ray

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Well I've been trying to remain optimistic but it's all been for not. My expectations for this series have absolutely plummeted. That fact that they are willing to go this far out of their way not to acknowledge continuity is honestly kind of insulting and downright mean-spirited, but at least I...
  2. Beatsy Ray

Preview JN007: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

One can hope, but I don't really see the Galar starters being given out at a tournament in Hoenn. I'm expecting them to show up in episode 13 or later when they return to Galar.
  3. Beatsy Ray

Bringing back Pidgeot woul be one of the most self-aware and fan-servicey things this series has ever done, and would also bode extremely well for the appearance of some of the more obscure reserves that we all thought would be ignored (although it technically still is a Kanto mon). I certainly...
  4. Beatsy Ray

I really think Ash is going to use Charizard or another reserve. Let me reiterated that Mimey will NOT be in Hoenn to be called on in the first place, and there is no precedent for him travelling at all. It's not like he chaperoned them to Galar in episode 4. He doesn't have a pokeball so he...
  5. Beatsy Ray

I agree it would be unexpected, but I think you can apply that logic to basically any Pokemon in the series not owned by Ash. Using Scorbunny or Yamper here would also be a big shock. Ultimately if they were going down this route I think they would have foreshadowed it in some small way, show a...
  6. Beatsy Ray

The summary implies that whoever Ash sends out will be surprising. A reserve we haven't seen in nearly a decade does fit that bill. And even if the implication was that it is a bad match-up or an odd choice, it could be something as simple as Ash sending out Charizard against a water type, which...
  7. Beatsy Ray

I think they're just fearmongering at this point.
  8. Beatsy Ray

The important information we get from the summary is confirmation that Ash has another Pokemon on him here. If Ash only had Pikachu on him, it wouldn't come as a surprise to anybody that Ash uses him in a bad match-up because obviously he wouldn't have any other options. If whatever Ash used...
  9. Beatsy Ray

Going off episode 4, Mimey isn't even travelling with them and we have no reason to believe he will in the future. It won't be possible for Ash to call on him for battle all the way in Hoenn. Although if they randomly show Mimey getting on the plane with them in this episode then I'll admit I'll...
  10. Beatsy Ray

I agree, I was just trying to say that if and when a Pokemon like Sceptile is featured in the series, it won't necessarily need an introduction or flashback like some people have implied. The knowledge that Ash is a veteran trainer will keep younger viewers from being confused when Ash sends out...
  11. Beatsy Ray

True, but if Ash is using his more obscure reserves then their one-off appearances might not be enough to warrant merchandise/promotion, whereas Charizard might get used somewhat frequently. But seeing as this is Ash's first revealed reserve, they probably do want to start with Charizard just to...
  12. Beatsy Ray

I don't know, at the very least this series implies that Ash has gone on many journeys, has earned many badges and trophies, and is pretty strong and experienced. I don't think they are trying to actively hide that from new viewers. With that said, I do think that Ash could simply send out...
  13. Beatsy Ray

Called it! We have reserves! And it's episode 7 and Ash is sweeping through the competition with no nerf in sight. Man, just this one summary and I'm already way more excited for this series than I was before. I hope it's not just Charizard and they aren't just planning on prioritizing his Kanto...
  14. Beatsy Ray

The thing is Ash has already explored all of these regions in their entirety. For him this is a trip down memory lane, and to try and imply otherwise would be absurd. Showing off a region means showing off key landmarks, characters and Pokemon, and while Ash has a tendency to be amazed by...
  15. Beatsy Ray

If Battle Frontier is in the title then I'm sure that's what it's referring to, although it will probably take on a different form so as to fit into a single episode. It's worth pointing out that the Battle frontier from Emerald was treated as the Kanto Battle Frontier in the anime, so they're...
  16. Beatsy Ray

Isn't the art of the Bulbasaur family the episode 3 illustration? In any case if they decided to skip just one episode in the sequence it's certainly possible that they're avoiding spoilers. They made the concious decision to commission art for all but that one episode, so there must be a valid...
  17. Beatsy Ray

With literally zero to go off of, this is what I've come up with. Ash and Gou travel to Pewter City and meet up with Brock. They help him out with some filler plot and at the end of the episode he announces his plan to travel to the Sinnoh Region on business. Ash and Gou decided to travel with...
Back
Top Bottom