Search results for query: *

1. Beatsy Ray

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

May didn't return in XY because that series was very anti-continuity. Iris didn't even appear, despite the long running tradition of bringing back the most recent Poke-girl. In addition Kaori, May/Haruka's VA, developed a throat-related illness that forced her to retire from voice acting, at...
  2. Beatsy Ray

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1355247692620955656 TPCI is being pretty liberal with their hyping the return of travelling companions. They put all of the "past character return" episodes up on Pokemon TV (Wallace Cup, etc.). I wonder if they know anything.
  3. Beatsy Ray

I think this series would suit him just fine. I imagine he would have a field day at Sakuragi Lab. Also during research episodes, like the Beautifly one. Sadly, in this age of Rotom smart phones, I fear Tracy's skillset may be obsolete. How can his sketches compete with Gou taking under water...
  4. Beatsy Ray

I don't believe so. It's hard to tell because I don't speak Japanese, but it seems like she declined the role. Or she's being flakey, because it looks like it's still up in the air. Edit: Actually, it kind of looks like they didn't even approach her about it. She tweeted out her surprise after...
  5. Beatsy Ray

https://pokemon-matome.net/articles/235230.html Apparently, Shigeru/Gary's voice actor may not be reprising her role in this series. If so, this is huge. If this precedent is set, than suddenly all VA related character restrictions may no longer exist. We can see characters like May return...
  6. Beatsy Ray

Actually, they did. More than anything, DP just did a much better job at balancing focus between the two characters. In the current series, Ash is feeling more and more subdued in episodes that aren't specifically his own. Gou gets captures in most episodes, as well as constant opportunities to...
  7. Beatsy Ray

I think it's implied. I believe similar terminology has been used in the past, like Ash promising to "face" Tapu Koko again. Plus, you get scenes like the one in PM027, with Ash shouting out in the stadium that he will be the one to defeat Leon.
  8. Beatsy Ray

We didn't know that his story would converge with Ash's though, so Ash vs Alain hype didn't really exist until XYZ. They certainly put more effort into dressing him up as a proper rival, which as you said had serious consequences. Leon is even more hyped up than Alain due to his early...
  9. Beatsy Ray

I don't see Alain as a rival. He falls into the category of hastily developed characters, introduced late in the series with the sole purpose of preventing Ash from winning the league. Whenever one of Ash's rivals are introduced at the start of a series, with an implied or promised final battle...
  10. Beatsy Ray

I don't really think that, I was being somewhat hyperbolic. I think it would be silly of Paul to accuse him of giving up his goals in either case. I think there's an obvious correlation between Ash winning the league and setting his sights on the PWC. Just look at Ash's league rankings...
  11. Beatsy Ray

There is a theoretically infinite number of regions. Ash's goal has never been to win every single league in every country on the planet. His short-term goal (that's a laugh) for the last 23 years has been to win A regional league, hence why he moves from region to region rather attempting the...
  12. Beatsy Ray

Popularity aside, Tracy is Oak's assistant. If there's ever an episode taking place at Oak's Lab, than that's reason enough for him to return.
  13. Beatsy Ray

I think it's a bit different for one reason, Tobias was built up as undefeated. No gym leader or league contender could even knock Darkrai out, let alone see what other Pokemon he had on him. Because of Tobias's apparent god status, a loss to him would be completely expected and not feel like a...
  14. Beatsy Ray

I would definitely have preferred that he won, but operating under the assumption that the writers were not allowed to let him, I really can't think of a more satisfying ending to the league. Really, Ash should have won, so an over-the-top DEM is the only believable justification for him losing...
  15. Beatsy Ray

Tobias gets a bad rap. I maintain that his comically overpowered team is the writers clever and cheeky way of having Ash lose the league while still feeling victorious. His very existence is proof that Ash was skilled enough to win after all. We knew he obviously wouldn't win against him, so it...
  16. Beatsy Ray

I've always found Tracy to be a completely boring character, and assumed people were just being hipsters when they say he's underrated. I find him harmless as Oak's assistant, and I'll take whatever continuity I can get in this series, but I don't think he's ever added anything of value outside...
  17. Beatsy Ray

Mewtwo is featured in the most recent poster, and seeing as there are only 2 in existence (that we know of), there's a good chance we'll be seeing another reunion. Most likely M001 Mewtwo considering the MSB remake was so recent.
  18. Beatsy Ray

I'm down as long as it's not another desert episode.
  19. Beatsy Ray

I've had the theory for a while that the PM2019 was conceptualized in 2017 during the 20th anniversary hype. I believe that their plans of bringing back characters and travelling to other regions were scrapped at the time, with the intention of delivering those promises in this series as it is...
  20. Beatsy Ray

Apparently it was confirmed in an upcoming PASH interview that more past characters are set to appear. Also the OP animation will change but we still aren't getting "1-2-3" version 2, I wonder if they scrapped that idea. Kind of hard to understand because the site is in Japanese...
Back
Top Bottom