Search results for query: *

1. Beatsy Ray

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Eh, I could have seen them heavily abridging the battle, showing the first two matchups in montage form, and then concluding with a solid Charizard duel. Showing half of a good battle would have been preferable to showing an entire bad one. Anyway, I definitely saw people criticizing the...
  2. Beatsy Ray

I'd also add that Ash's losses felt pretty reasonable prior to DP, either due to inexperience or using an underpowered team. Starting in DP, Ash has realistically been good enough to win every league. His losses (and the characters who delivered them) began to feel a lot more contrived, as if...
  3. Beatsy Ray

Hearing how excited he was to be taking part in the Masters Tournament made me sad considering how pathetically Alain was treated. It seems like he considered Alain to have left XY on a high note, and now his reputation is permanently soiled. On the other hand, I forgot about him being married...
  4. Beatsy Ray

Not super relevant to the discussion at hand, but I want to point out that Misty's "Water Pokemon Master" goal only existed in the dub prior to the Orange Islands arc. For over 90 episodes, she really didn't have a stated goal (other than shaking Ash down for a new bike). Information courtesy...
  5. Beatsy Ray

No way, Heracross decking Darkrai in it's sleep is the highlight of the battle for me. Probably the first canonical mon in Sinnoh to actually land a hit on it.
  6. Beatsy Ray

I just realized that Ash wears red, blue, green, and yellow to match with all starters + Pikachu. :wynaut:
  7. Beatsy Ray

It's only obvious in hindsight. The silhouettes they used for the Masters 8 were literally just featureless manikins, so the fact that these were all unique at least justified some speculation.
  8. Beatsy Ray

I've always interpreted that to be because the competition was just that much steeper in Sinnoh. Ash wasn't preforming worse, he was just playing with the big boys now. This is backed up by the fact that only 64 trainers even qualified for the League, compared to the 100+ from previous series'.
  9. Beatsy Ray

It's an injustice, there's no other word for it.
  10. Beatsy Ray

Not for my liking to be honest, but that's just personal bias. In truth, he's probably had more love than any of Ash's Pokemon sans Pikachu, so you can't really complain. That said, I find it very frustrating that Ash used to be the "Charizard Trainer", but that's been thrown out the window. It...
  11. Beatsy Ray

Ash and Bea's final battle has already been basically confirmed to take place in the Hyper Class. A Korrina rematch is unlikely since he already beat her this series. There's still plenty of time to introduce new contenders for the Master 8. For the time being, I think the safest bet are the...
  12. Beatsy Ray

Of course, that's it's signature move.
  13. Beatsy Ray

I have a hard time buying Gary as one of the eight. I'm all for him returning to being a serious battler, but becoming one of the strongest people in the world right under Ashes nose is quite a stretch. Plus, the fact that his appearance will happen sooner rather than later places him more in...
  14. Beatsy Ray

I'm sure they'll get filled in as time goes on. Kind of like the Battle Frontier OP representing the Frontier Brains as silhouettes before they were introduced. Actually, the vagueness and secrecy of those other 5 members makes me more confident that they will be existing characters...
  15. Beatsy Ray

I'm surprised Nessa is so low. I guess I overestimated her popularity, I was certain she would be the next to show up in the anime. I guess we'll see. I never really got the Raihan obsession either, I guess it's just a fashion thing because he's had pretty underwhelming roles in the both the...
  16. Beatsy Ray

I wonder if Meowth is conducting Grookey.
  17. Beatsy Ray

Personally, I really hated the Ultra Guardians. I'm one of the people who really appreciated the slice-of-life aspect of SM, and UG just threw a rake in that. It seemed so childish and silly by comparison. That said, there's no denying that some of those episode were pretty fun, especially the...
  18. Beatsy Ray

Yes, they do that for attention. You seem to have fallen into their trap.
Back
Top Bottom