Search results for query: *

1. Beth Pavell

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I enjoyed it immensely, mostly as a change to the usual Zelda formula. I doubt it'll hold the same replay appeal as other games in the franchise have - The Wind Waker, for example. Funny thing is, I also don't see the appeal of Ocarina of Time (much). The game didn't endear itself to me when I...
  2. Beth Pavell

I'm sure that would be unpopular in certain circles - I happen to agree, never much liked green anyway. I really like being able to play Link without that floppy green nightcap, too. Which reminds me, I don't mind the rain mechanic in Breath of the Wild. I liked being made to think about what I...
  3. Beth Pavell

That was certainly an unpopular opinion in my group. I remember trying to play Melee with the others, who had been used to Melee for years. Being beaten is one thing, getting thrashed every time you pick up the controller is quite another. Brawl makes it easier for newcomers to actually improve...
  4. Beth Pavell

That is a fair point, though worth expanding a bit, I think. I've found that the "for its time" argument tends to be used as a catch-all brush-off for all the problems with the game as much as for the praise. It all goes one way: what was great about it was even more great because of the time...
  5. Beth Pavell

I'm not sure if that's a criticism, but anyway, I don't think it's any coincidence that Ocarina of Time is praised most highly by those who played it on the N64. It's got its charms, but they've never been enough for me to want to replay it like I have Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker, or...
  6. Beth Pavell

Nostalgia's got a lot to do with the praise for Ocarina of Time, especially when it comes to comparing it with newer titles. I played it right after The Wind Waker, and though I thought it was fun, the controls are really sticky by comparison which was an immediate turn off for me. Couldn't...
Back
Top Bottom