Search results for query: *

1. Beth Pavell

Anime Your Unpopular Anime, Manga and J-Pop Opinions

2-cour anime are a double-edged sword, I think. There's less motivation to end on vague or open-ended final episodes, and secondary characters get more space to breathe. On the other hand, particularly with long-running source material, there's a temptation for the writers to bumble around...
  2. Beth Pavell

I love this side of anime, and it is indeed somewhat underappreciated by occidental fans. The problem with the genre is that when it's done badly, it's done very badly, and all too many manga authors have tried to write to a formula without having any real flair for making it work (Publishers...
  3. Beth Pavell

I couldn't get through more than about twenty minutes of Tales of Earthsea. The pacing was completely wrong, I'm not sure what story Goro thought he was adapting, and I don't think he really got the point of some of the key themes in Earthsea. I forget whether I've voiced this opinion here, but...
  4. Beth Pavell

Given that I've never seen this anime badly reviewed, this would seem to count as unpopular - I hated Hanasaku Iroha, enough to flat-out stop watching after three episodes. Actually, most of all I hated the grandmother. This anime seems to think that it's ok to treat employees however you like...
Back
Top Bottom