Search results for query: *

1. Blockhead Pippi

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

It's really awkward being a Gen 1 fan in this day and age. Not that I don't agree with the criticisms. They're all valid and I also think there is too much Gen 1 pandering and not enough attention being given to other Gens, some of which I really enjoyed and found better than Kanto in some...
  2. Blockhead Pippi

SquareSoft: Let's take full advantage of equippable items that TEACH BASIC COMMON SENSE. Actually that critique might work better for FFVIII seeing as basic commands are attached to the junction system. These games really have a way of making the protagonists look like idiots in battle. Part of...
  3. Blockhead Pippi

People are too blinded by their nostalgia, unfortunately. Which is exactly another problem I have with all this. FF7 is a timeless classic, but as you said, it does have glaring flaws. If people seriously expected SE to do nothing but remaster the original game, then they're seriously kidding...
  4. Blockhead Pippi

As soon as the new FF7 Remake trailer was shown, I knew there were going to be people complaining about the lack of turn-based battles and how everything is now in real-time. And frankly, nobody ever stops to think that maybe the reason why so many developers have dropped turn-based battles is...
  5. Blockhead Pippi

Probably because they could and to differentiate between the two versions. I like it anyway and kinda wish the other 2D Pokemon games did the same.
  6. Blockhead Pippi

I don't know if this is still an unpopular opinion, but I actually liked the Pokemon sprites in Silver and some of them were better than Gold's.
  7. Blockhead Pippi

I don't understand people who insist that Japanese dubs in video games are superior and that English dubs are 'trash'. I get that some English dubs aren't perfect, especially in earlier video games. But come on... I don't buy it that Japanese dub voices are supposed to be better. Out of...
  8. Blockhead Pippi

Yeah it did sounded combative, frankly. I get that Yo-Kai Watch isn't for everyone, and when the localization of the first game was announced I was skeptic too. But I gave it a try and found that I really enjoyed it. So much in fact that I bought every game released in English so far (save for...
  9. Blockhead Pippi

I'm not saying that the battling mechanics need to change. They're fine as they are and GF does still find ways to try to innovate them. Such as introducing new forms of battling or gimmicky features (which then get dropped the very next generation). And as much as I did really dislike S/M, I...
  10. Blockhead Pippi

Back with another unpopular FF opinion. FF15 has a better story than Versus 13. Now that's not to say that the execution was great. FF15 had a terrible execution that was worsened by the game's poor development, and it shouldn't have gotten where they needed to release DLC, patches, and an...
  11. Blockhead Pippi

Personally I think Ultimecia had the most capacity to do far more damage than Kefka, Sephiroth, Ardyn or anyone else. While the others strove for world destruction or to become supreme rulers/gods... Ultimecia wanted to destroy all of existence itself, and she was very close to accomplishing...
  12. Blockhead Pippi

You and me both. I can kinda get why people disliked X/Y and I concur they're not perfect games, but I still found them enjoyable and fun for what they offered. They were certainly leagues better than S/M, which I did not have fun with. I'd go into depth about why I so vehemently dislike S/M...
  13. Blockhead Pippi

Wow did I ever start a FF discussion here. Well for something a little more different, I'm tired of Pokemon. There I've said it. I guess this would be one of the more unpopular opinions here since I'm posting this on a Pokemon forum, but I mean it. Pokemon just doesn't hold the same kind of...
  14. Blockhead Pippi

Eh, the complaints I heard also came from early FF fans. I remember one person saying that FFVII was the "last good FF title", which I really cannot agree with. FFVII is good and an important game to both the series and JRPGs as a whole, but it's also overrated. On another subject of FF...
  15. Blockhead Pippi

Another FF opinion since I've been in a big FF mood lately: FFIX is criminally underrated. I've been playing the Switch port and am loving every second of it. Everyone else I've spoken to about it has said that it wasn't a very good FF title (though I suspect that many of those people are FFVII...
  16. Blockhead Pippi

The old PC version of FFVII's soundtrack is pure musical aesthetic. Sure it's not as high quality and some tracks really do suffer for it, but for many of the other tracks, the old DOS-ish quality is just so satisfying to hear. It doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. Plus some tracks actually...
  17. Blockhead Pippi

Still doesn't change the fact that they don't come with it.
  18. Blockhead Pippi

Since when? My brother got a Switch for Christmas (technically bought about a month before that, but still) and it included a charger. Also I find it funny how people will complain about this for the Switch, yet leave out the fact that the New 3DS also doesn't come with a charger. Come on...
  19. Blockhead Pippi

I can't remember if I've said this before, but I'll say it again in more depth. I really dislike it when some games rely on a strict RNG system that is used to factor in the success of obtaining or even finding something. I love the Yo-Kai Watch series and enjoyed Dragon Ball Fusions, but I...
  20. Blockhead Pippi

I really despise Simple and Clean from Kingdom Hearts.
Back
Top Bottom