Search results for query: *

1. Blockhead Pippi

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I accept that Sw/Sh will probably sell like gangbusters, but that's not going to deter me from not buying either unless I can find a used copy at a decent price (which given how EB Games tend to price their used games, isn't likely). I don't really care if my lack of purchase doesn't affect...
  2. Blockhead Pippi

That's fair. I figured it all went to TPCi, though I was skeptic of Game Freak getting a cut on merchandise when they don't even make that. I think merchandise is only part of the problem though. TPCi (and maybe Nintendo) are likely the root of it. I get the sense that Game Freak really wants...
  3. Blockhead Pippi

I too am also skeptic about the power of merchandise sales. I will concede that it probably does make up the largest bulk of revenue. And that Game Freak are likely forced into a strict schedule due to the anime, TCG, and manga. But I'm not entirely convinced that Game Freak makes games solely...
  4. Blockhead Pippi

And the game's equivalent of Amie? Aren't you required to detach the Joy-Cons for that? If none of it actually requires detached Joy-Cons, then I just may actually bother getting a used copy of this.
  5. Blockhead Pippi

When Game Freak said that, they were specifically referring to the style of gameplay. LGPE was intended to be a home console game because it necessitated the use of detached Joy-Cons to play (though I guess it could also be played in tabletop mode). Whereas with SwSh they want it to be played...
  6. Blockhead Pippi

Yet there's been many instances where you've called out people by less-than-friendly words and expressed strong dislike towards the opposition. That's not just stating an opinion and being done with it, that's being argumentative.
  7. Blockhead Pippi

Which is why we've told you, repeatedly now, to take a break or to avoid this debate. Frankly the only one stressing you out is yourself because you keep coming back to this discussion. And I hate to be blunt, but when you decide to hop in to argue, then it only continues the very argument you...
  8. Blockhead Pippi

At this point I just want ShSw to come out already so that everyone, on all sides, can move on. No matter what happens. I'm still firmly in the "I'm opposed to the cut" camp. But while it was fun at first, this debate is just tiring now.
  9. Blockhead Pippi

I don't bother with transferring Pokemon, but I'm still bothered and criticize GF because of their excuses and poor mismanagement of PR. Among a plethora of other issues I've had with them for years now. This is just adding more salt to the wound. And while yes it is technically their game...
  10. Blockhead Pippi

Pokemon Shuffle on 3DS had it too where you could pay to restore your stamina. It's always been around. I wouldn't count the Mii Costumes as P2W though. That's more like DLC (which is different from gatcha mechanics because you're guaranteed to get what you see, and is therefore not gambling).
  11. Blockhead Pippi

Mario Odyssey also reused a lot of assets. The dog wearing the hat is actually from Nintendogs, and that's just one example.
  12. Blockhead Pippi

Even back during Gen IV, I felt kind of cheated out when DP felt kind of incomplete / buggy and then Platinum came out with big improvements. Though I have to be fair, because Game Freak actually did take their time with DP compared to their current release trend. Also, Gen IV is still leagues...
  13. Blockhead Pippi

Signature moves have been a thing since Gen 1 though.
  14. Blockhead Pippi

And with me, I usually just turn off animations (usually when I'm grinding). Animations aren't something I generally care about either, unless of course they're used as an excuse.
  15. Blockhead Pippi

Funny that people are showing a bootleg game to Pokemon's Twitter to make them look bad, when it's only going to that much more quickly make TPCi send a cease & desist (or a lawsuit) to whoever made that bootleg. Which would have happened eventually. But now it'll happen a lot sooner.
  16. Blockhead Pippi

I really don't think it is fair to compare YKW to Pokemon. Yes, they're similar enough but monster collecting RPGs are an actual genre. (Which Pokemon did not found, btw. It only just made it popular.) Yes it is a little disappointing from first glance that YKW has a lot of re-skinned monsters...
  17. Blockhead Pippi

YKW4 also has removed Yo-Kai, but they promised that more will be added through patches. So at least they're better in that regard.
  18. Blockhead Pippi

The problem is that law enforcers don't do jack shit about the loopholes. I can't find any information on when gambling was banned in Japan, but I know that pachinko parlors have been in popular operation since the 1940's and they're still around to this day and generate massive revenue. The...
  19. Blockhead Pippi

I'm not saying that microtransactions shouldn't be banned (though if I'm honest, if it was banned in Canada, it would mean I'd no longer be able to play Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle or Legends anymore and that would make me a very sad bean). I'm saying there are already measures in place that...
  20. Blockhead Pippi

Technically microtransactions are already banned in Japan to an extent, as are many other forms of gambling. The issue is that people always find loopholes around it. In fact that's how microtransactions came to be. I'm not surprised by TPC's corporate greed though.
Back
Top Bottom