Search results for query: *

1. B

Controversial opinions

Gengar and sirfetch’d who have quite some battle experience under their belt are not allowed to defeat champions while torracat who had like 2 official battles, is? Smells like bias alright.
  2. B

Controversial opinions

But you’re okay with torracat defeating kukui?
  3. B

Controversial opinions

Why not? Iris is no ordinary trainer. This is a classic hardwork vs talent situation. I’ll take “battling a lot but failing when it matters ” over “not battling much but defeating a champion”. One of them reeks of plot armor.
  4. B

Controversial opinions

That in itself is a pretty impressive feat. Experience matters more than winning or losing. A pokemon who spent a lot of time on the battlefiend is more deserving of a victory than one who didn’t. iirc torracat participated in like 2 official battles before the league and suddenly got strong...
  5. B

Controversial opinions

Didn’t dracovish defeat one of iris’ pokemon? As for the other two, i suppose they have more battle experience than torracat or rowlet in the same timespan? I’m not sure, someone correct me on this.
  6. B

Controversial opinions

This might be an extremely cynical take but i never cared for pokemon character development. To me they are tools of war akin to stands, nen beasts, personas etc. I don’t care how much personality you slap on to a pokemon, its primary purpose is to win battles and help the trainer’s career. I...
  7. B

Controversial opinions

Are you talking about japanese or american cartoons? because from what i’ve gathered kissing is a taboo in kodomomuke. Not a lot of shows have their main characters (10 year olds) share a kiss be it offscreen or onscreen.
  8. B

Controversial opinions

I was talking about the kiss. You wouldn’t expect 10 year olds to lip-lock.
  9. B

Controversial opinions

I feel like XY was trying to steer in that direction, not dark and mature but definitely more shounen (anime directed at 12~18 y/o’s). I think that is why a lot of people hold it up in high regard. Shipping being the obvious contender, also the kiss. These are things you wouldn’t expect from a...
  10. B

Controversial opinions

Hmm….i can’t agree with you but i can respect that. Personaly i would rather watch a show that has an endgame for it’s characters. All the more reason for me to stop watching lol.
  11. B

Controversial opinions

You’re probably right, i’m setting myself up for disappointment. One last thing before i leave, why do you still watch this anime even though you know your favourite character will never get a closure? :V
  12. B

Controversial opinions

That’s a celibate hero. A chaste hero is one who is clueless to the girls advances. They do end up in relationships but only at the end of their journey and usually with one of their secret-admirers whom they were clueless about.
  13. B

Controversial opinions

I’m not expecting them to get married rn lol. I’m asking for a timeskip and a closure. Is that such a taboo? But you’re probably right, i shouldn’t be expecting much from a glorified tv commercial whose primary purpose is to promote the games. I don’t see a reason to continue watching this...
  14. B

Controversial opinions

Ever heard of the term chaste hero?
  15. B

Controversial opinions

I feel like people here don’t watch a lot of anime and are hence unaware of how love interests work in general. That would explain why they think her crush is irrelevant.
  16. B

Controversial opinions

The kiss is technically not a closure because yajima told you that it’s meant to invoke this feeling of “hope” that her feelings come to fruition one day. That day would be the real closure. Whether or not an endgame exists is beyond the scope of argument, her character is set up in such a way...
  17. B

Controversial opinions

Maybe i shouldn’t have used the word retcon, my bad. What i meant to say is that the kiss comes with certain implications and those implications need to be addressed. Like turning ash back to a clueless idiot won’t work because he knows serena likes him. Their interactions shouldn’t be the same...
  18. B

Controversial opinions

I can’t believe what i’m reading. Are you guys suggesting that retconning characters and important moments of development is completely okay? Lmao
  19. B

Controversial opinions

The point was that you can count the number of protagonists who ended up single on your fingers, that’s how few there are. And besides One Piece is well written and original, words i wouldn’t use to describe the pokemon anime. It’s mediocre and cliche in it’s premise and borrows a lot of tropes...
Back
Top Bottom