Search results for query: *

1. BlueWaves

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Maybe its because the Wolves are supposed to be the "Heroes" who fight against Dynamax Pokemon? Based off the lore that was given, it seems that Dynamax Pokemon were originally dangerous threats to Galar. Makes me wonder if Calyrex was the King that fought alongside the Wolves.
  2. BlueWaves

Oh right I forgot. Thanks for the correction. Those are very minor aesthetics though. Most people would not recognize that immediately, and the attack itself is mostly the same. The particles adjustment is just a minor change overall. G-Max Smite still looks the same as the Max Starfall...
  3. BlueWaves

On the topic of same animations, it really bothers me the G-Max Moves reuse the same animations. While Z-Moves have the issues of being unskippable, they all featured a unique cutscene with pretty cool poses/dances/movements with The Pokemon unique Z-Move. Remember when the trainer gives an...
  4. BlueWaves

Or just catch a Makuhita. Seriously, I just OHKOed Totem Raticate on my first turn during my playthrough of Pokémon Moon.
  5. BlueWaves

I have too. Its usually reserved for wildarea event encounters and Gmaxes, like Lapras.
  6. BlueWaves

Apparently OHKO moves remove 2 barriers if they connect. Considering that Dynamax Pokemon are LV 60 at max, a level 100 Pokémon should have roughly 70% hit rate.
  7. BlueWaves

I’m just simply providing reasons why people deem Dynamax busted. If you don’t like Smogon rules, that’s fine. You can play cartridge formats like Battle Stadium Singles which allows Dynamaxing.
  8. BlueWaves

For those of you wondering why Dynamax is busted and got banned, here's the Smogon's Monotype Council's Reasoning.
  9. BlueWaves

BTW, Smogon is also suspecting Dynamax in their National Dex format. My big problem with Dynamax is that it’s a 50-50, and most of my games always comes down who manages their Dynamax better. I think it’s more manageable in Doubles ( Might be safe to say that all the balance testing was doubles...
  10. BlueWaves

Dynamaxing is officially banned from Smogon Metagames.
  11. BlueWaves

True. When you use Dynamax in-game, you'll notice that the Pokemon are actually put behind the trainers, probably because there would be a collision between the two models if they were put in front.
  12. BlueWaves

I honestly think Dynamaxing exists because GF wanted to showoff how big the Switch Engine is in comparison to 3DS by using Gigantic Models. Ohmori said in his interview that he wanted the impression to be like a mother to a child, “ Wow, you are doing something cool! “ when utilizing Dynamax...
  13. BlueWaves

Raids reset at midnight or when you defeat all the present raids. A way to reset raids is throw a wishing piece then immediately reset a purple beam. Save prior to the purple beam.
  14. BlueWaves

From my expierence, as long as you have one non-AI ally that is very high leveled, most max raids are not too hard. The only ones that I've found to be hard are Ditto and pretty much any Pokemon with Defiant/Competitive-especially Obstagoon since it can stall with Obstruct.
  15. BlueWaves

The problem with Dynamaxing is that it’s completely unpredictable, since there is no opportunity cost for item slot, you can literally Dynamax whenever. Lot of the max moves have obscenely powerful effects. Max Airstorm grants + 1 Speed and with Conjuction of a boosting move like Swords Dance...
  16. BlueWaves

Most set up sweepers become almost impossible to revenge kill because of Dynamax. Take Hydreigon for example. It can now suddenly take a quad Fairy type attack thanks to the HP increase, and probably OHKO back with + 2 Max Steelspike. Check Smogon for more info. There’s currently a suspect test...
  17. BlueWaves

Such a shame you can’t use Gigantamax in the actual Battle Stadium, probably due to Pikachu, Meowth, and Eevee being event exclusive. Such a shame TPC took the lazy method and banned all Gigantamax instead of those 3. It must take so much effort.
  18. BlueWaves

After looking at it conceptually, I've officially decided on my feelings for it: I HATE it. I just don't get it. GameFreak stopped doing Megas because they didn't like that only select Pokemon could Mega Evolve. So they created Z-Moves so every Pokemon could have a power-up. But then they...
  19. BlueWaves

You could have spent the money on an actual fame you wanted.
  20. BlueWaves

I believe they also stated that they wanted to make them big to take advantage of the Switch’s power. ( Could have saved that for the National Dex).
Back
Top Bottom