Search results for query: *

1. Bob Fizzle

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

What's the team for? WiFi battling? The Battle Tree? You're so far overleveled for the main game that your team selection doesn't really matter there. There's really no point in having 3 fairies on your team, and if you insist on keeping Whimsicott and Gardevoir, then Mimikyu has to go, unless...
  2. Bob Fizzle

I would recommend Kabutops over Omastar for HG. 2 of the best things Omastar has going for it, Shell Smash and Weak Armor, weren't introduced until gen 5, and while Omastar has slightly better bulk (70/125/70 to Kabutop's 60/105/70), Kabutops has better speed (80 vs 55) and a better movepool...
  3. Bob Fizzle

OOH, OOH, USE TOXAPEX!!! Now that I've got that out of the way, aside from Pex being the most annoying PoS wall to deal with, you can breed Haze onto it, which turns the Totem bosses into easy mode by just eliminating their starting stat buffs. Besides giving a big F-U to the boss mechanics, it...
  4. Bob Fizzle

Even if Bellsprout does have Chlorophyll, I feel like it is still outclassed by Bulbasaur; Venusaur has better bulk and speed than Victreebel, and the lower attack (82 vs 105) doesn't mean much after a Growth boost in Sun takes you to +2. If you want to run a Sunny Day user or Ninetales with...
  5. Bob Fizzle

I was going to recommend the Sigilyph set, but, unfortunately, 3 of the moves are breeding-only in White, so I guess that's a no-go... Otherwise, Sigilyph is your standard special breaker/sweeper, although Magic Guard does provide a huge benefit if you get your hands on a Life Orb (48BP at...
  6. Bob Fizzle

So after a yearlong hiatus, I'm finally back until I get bored of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. This team was really fun to build, though hopefully I'm not too rusty. I did manage to avoid any egg moves, although I did put hidden abilities on some of the 'mons. I also tried to note any BP moves where...
  7. Bob Fizzle

Kommo-o is unfortunately really one-dimensional if you go the special route. I was going to suggest using Kommonium-Z, but you don't get that Z-crystal until after you beat the Elite Four the first time. (It can be found in the Plains Grotto, which is hidden away in the hills on the northern...
  8. Bob Fizzle

I was fortunate enough to have adamant Rowlet the first time I played Moon. His set ended up being Spirit Shackle (@Decidium Z of course), Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, and the last move changed as I needed it to. U-turn works decently if he has a bit of speed investment, but otherwise his typing...
  9. Bob Fizzle

Toxapex is actually kind of frustrating to use in-game (for me, anyway, because it annoys me when I can't use things optimally) because some of its best qualities are hard to obtain on it. Regenerator makes it the most annoying defensive pivot in existence, and its amazing typing and bulk allows...
  10. Bob Fizzle

While your team does have great synergy, I feel like Mudsdale is being pressured a bit too much to do most of the heavy lifting on defense, especially against rock-type threats. A steel-type would help him tremendously here, especially since Steel's traditional weaknesses in Fighting, Ground...
  11. Bob Fizzle

In addition to above, Lopunny can also be tutored Ice Punch for a more reliable answer to grass types (although the turn of invulnerability and paralysis chance are also nice, and so is Supersonic Skystrike). Drifblim is a great defensive answer with its massive HP stat and flying typing.
  12. Bob Fizzle

These end up being my favorite posts on these forums, so I'm glad you appreciate the advice @CynthiaLover. I also re-read my suggestions to see which parts were actually utilized, and I'll admit I was still a bit groggy this morning when I wrote that last post. I want to apologize for some...
  13. Bob Fizzle

Always glad to be of help. Now that I have a better idea of your team, here's what I envision their sets looking like: Mega Ultra Chicken (Blaziken) (M) @ Blazikenite Ability: Speed Boost (after mega) -Protect/Swords Dance -High Jump Kick/Sky Uppercut -Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick -Stone Edge You...
  14. Bob Fizzle

While I'm considering options for your 6th teamslot, which Pokemon are you planning to use as your mega evolution? Blaziken is far and away the best choice since it gets Speed Boost to go with its already impressive attack stat, but Gardevoir and Manectric are also both potent mega evolutions in...
  15. Bob Fizzle

It looks like your team has adequate attacking options, so I'd suggest adding a support Pokemon as your 6th slot. Blissey would be a great option to fill the cleric role on your team, and it is fairly customizable in that role as well. You could use her to spread status to the other team, cure...
  16. Bob Fizzle

My choice would depend on the rest of your team. Aqua tail lets Serperior beat fire-types but leaves it struggling versus opposing dragon- and grass-types, while iron tail lets you beat ice-types but has a hard time breaking past opposing fire- and steel-types. Blindly, I'd choose iron tail over...
  17. Bob Fizzle

My choice would depend on which of your team would hold the mega stone. I would recommend Mega Altaria over Swellow, but if you are going to use Blaziken or Sceptile as your mega evolution, then I would choose Swellow over Altaria.
  18. Bob Fizzle

At least 2 of your team would greatly appreciate being behind a substitute. Unfortunately, you don't get the TM for Substitute until after you become champion, so I guess that's out of the question. Despite having Decidueye as my starter in Moon, I never really settled on a good set outside of...
  19. Bob Fizzle

For Meowzma, U-turn is nice for getting chip damage on the switch, but bug-type doesn't add any super-effective coverage to your fire/dark/fighting moves. Earthquake is a nice coverage move that adds super-effective coverage against electric and poison types. (Fun fact: Earthquake would hit...
  20. Bob Fizzle

Why not replace dazzling gleam with energy ball? There isn't much need to be running two fairy-type moves on the same 'mon. With Primarina's high special attack power and STAB, moonblast will hit anything that doesn't resist it fairly hard. Otherwise, keep dazzling gleam over moonblast if you...
Back
Top Bottom