• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Bolt Strike

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

They could do it, but they'd have to be verrrry careful to make sure that China is portrayed in a positive light or else the Chinese government will get angry and ban the game. They cannot mention, or even allude to, any kind of criticism of the Chinese government. They could do it, but because...
  2. Bolt Strike

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

They might. If they have a limited budget they may have to choose between LA and Gen 9. If they start marketing one while the other is still selling, people will be more hesitant to double dip because they might not have the money to do so. Not recently. They've been needing use most or all of...
  3. Bolt Strike

Still doesn't matter, because you'd be discouraging people from buying LA now if they know Gen 9 is coming at the end of the year. They don't want people to drop a new game the month after it releases, giving it several months in the spotlight helps convince people that haven't quite jumped on...
  4. Bolt Strike

Mythicals, a proper Platinum episode, stuff like that. Probably a smaller chance of that happening though, I agree that LA is more likely to get DLC.
  5. Bolt Strike

"or something", as in that's an example of the caliber of game we might expect should they release one this year. But I don't think that's what we're getting. I would place my bets on LA DLC, maybe with BDSP DLC along with it. Release DLC by the second half of the year and sell a LA + DLC bundle...
  6. Bolt Strike

Still too early for Gen 9 when Legends Arceus just released a month ago. The game needs time to breathe, if they announce Gen 9 just after we got it then it'll cannibalize LA's sales. More likely announcement is DLC for later in the year, and barring that, a smaller project like LG Johto or...
  7. Bolt Strike

Sooo, new topic related to Gen 9. What from Legends Arceus do you think will carry over to Gen 9 (to clarify, I mean the debut games of Gen 9 like what SwSh are to Gen 8, not a second Legends game in Gen 9)? LA's gameplay changes are revolutionary and well accepted so I think some of these...
  8. Bolt Strike

No, they are simplistic concepts. Red and Blue, Black and White, Sun and Moon, Sword and Shield, etc., kids understand what these words mean. Hence they're simplistic concepts. They have deeper, more symbolic meanings behind them, but on a surface level they are simplistic concepts that are...
  9. Bolt Strike

We already did the land/sea theme in RS though, that would just feel like a retread of Hoenn.
  10. Bolt Strike

They miiight be able to work that in to Fantasy/Reality similarly to how they worked in past/future themes into some of BW's locations, but in general Fantasy would represent more than just magic, it would represent anything that someone could create in their head, tying into dreams...
  11. Bolt Strike

Yes, but if they want it to be for kids and adults, they can't do something that would turn off one or the other. They need something that appeals to both. That's why we don't really see a lot of darker stories. They could do some more lighthearted stories with darker implications (a good...
  12. Bolt Strike

The problem with Dream and Nightmare is that it casts one version in a positive light and another in a negative light, and they'll have a difficult time justifying why the negative one could be good. They don't really want to do that because then the negative one won't sell as well, kids aren't...
  13. Bolt Strike

If we're floating around potential names/themes here are my suggestions (although I think they'd be better for certain circumstances that will probably happen in later generations and not 9th gen): Past and Future Fantasy and Reality (I really want them to save that for a potential VR title in...
  14. Bolt Strike

Usually they pick titles that are antonyms, not synonyms. They seem to like concepts that are complementary or equally opposing, especially with recent titles (a bit harder to see that for some of the colors and gems, but Black/White, X/Y, Alpha/Omega, Sun/Moon, and Sword/Shield are pretty...
  15. Bolt Strike

What do you think the odds are that kids will understand it if a forum member that's likely older and has a much richer vocabulary doesn't even know it?
  16. Bolt Strike

Not a good sign for its prospects of game name ideas. The names of the game should really be simple to understand, especially considering Pokemon likes to target young kids. If some adults don't even know what "Apex" and "Nadir" mean, it's probably not a good choice of names for kids. Can't...
  17. Bolt Strike

They're not going to tip their hand on what's next, it's bad for PR and marketing if they can't surprise people. Whether or not they factually went to Redwood is irrelevant (although if they did lie, that would be very strange, but we've established this is fact), if that was their choice for...
  18. Bolt Strike

He literally said take it with a grain of salt and that Masuda might be trolling. I think you're reading into too much here. I do think a California region will happen at some point, but probably not yet. I think they want to represent other popular countries before coming back to the U.S. My...
  19. Bolt Strike

Then you're making poor educated guesses, because Game Freak and TPC's behavior, as well as basic business logic, point to those factors being unlikely to be part of their decision making.
  20. Bolt Strike

I think you're looking at factors that Game Freak and TPC don't consider to be significant. They do love capitalizing on Arceus being seen as "PokeGod" by the fans for marketing purposes, but if they have other legendaries they could market as well, they're not going to let that stop them. The...
Back
Top Bottom