Search results for query: *

1. Boss1708

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Masuda and his buddies at GF are really dropping the ball with this game... They already dropped the ball with Gen VI and VII, but now they're making a game that will make Gen VI and VII look good in comparison.
  2. Boss1708

Alola forms are literally just your typical Pokemon forms LOL (with a nice twist). They are not a mechanic associated to the culture of a particular region, like Z Moves are. Besides, Regional Variants might not remain an Alola only feature, so you shouldn't call them Alola forms. They could...
  3. Boss1708

I think Z Moves are a less straightforward mechanic than Megas, and they would only confuse LGPE's target audience. So I think they will not be in LGPE. Plus they are an Alola only thing (with the Hawaiian dances, etc)
  4. Boss1708

I really like the Orange Islands, and if LGPE is more seriously animé heavy than we first thought, who knows. But since GF openly proclaim the game's landmass will be very faithful to Yellow, including the Islands seems highly unlikely.
  5. Boss1708

@Unown Seer no I agree with you, and I wouldn't mind it if LGPE became a series. LGPE is not exactly my cup of tea, but it's got some things I do like (namely how the wild mons are visible in the overworld. I think this is awesome and should replace random encounters in the main series). That...
  6. Boss1708

An other thing that people don't seem to be considering, is that the base for LGPE (Yellow), is not just a third version of Red and Green, but an Anime rendition of the games. So when some guys predict future Let's Go Emerald, and Let's Go Platinum games, they need to remember Yellow is not...
  7. Boss1708

And even the biggest reason why Johto is kinda successful like Kanto among casual fans too, is precisely because Kanto was included in the post game. xD
  8. Boss1708

I don't think any Generation after Gen II has the appeal that can attract casual fans. And I think GF are aware of this. I can see one LGPE sequel for Gen II, but that's all; I suppose they would expect casuals to jump on the main series train after that. Two consecutive Let's Go games should...
  9. Boss1708

True xD I should have said "the way it has been in the last two gens". ;)
  10. Boss1708

Yes, but that's not the same situation. With the Exp. Share at least you have a Pokémon battling and using Pokemon attacks, from which the other 5 non-battling party members can learn how to do the same. What do they learn in LGPE? How to throw Pokeballs?
  11. Boss1708

Honestly, my gripe with the new catching mechanic, is that it doesn't make sense from an in-universe angle. How come your party member Pokémon get BATTLE EXPERIENCE from watching you, the human player, throw Pokeballs at wild Pokémon? The way it used to be, a Pokémon of your party participates...
  12. Boss1708

Look, LGPE are shaping up as the most weak games in the franchise sofar. But let's not criticize them based on Junichi Masuda's words. This man is not capable of making a positive PR of a game anymore. Every interview he gives, he disappoints the hardcore fans! He is able to make even a great...
  13. Boss1708

I kinda liked Cheren, I guess. And Bianca.
  14. Boss1708

The 3 things that could improve my opinion of LGPE are: - a Battle Facility in the postgame (Battle Tower or whatever) - Gym Leader rematches - regular Trainer rematches (VS Seeker) Those 3 are absolutely a must have, for me to respect the game. The biggest negatives sofar imo are: - the...
  15. Boss1708

LGPE is not even in ORAS' league. It is not even FRLG tier, from what we know sofar.
  16. Boss1708

Trainer Customisation is in LGPE, ending the discussion from the other day. Though it looks a lot more limited overall. Other than that... Yeah... LGPE is a big pile of overhyped hot air.
  17. Boss1708

The official Game freak website still says 143 staff members (I just checked it). Which makes me think this "well over 300 members!" was including non- developer positions, like translators and such. And those don't really count.
  18. Boss1708

Thanks, @PkmnTrainerV ! I am a lot less excited regarding LGPE, after reading this interview. The interviewer straight up asks Masuda if the more hardcore fans should wait for the 2019 game and skip LGPE because it wont be for them... and Masuda gives one of his classic non-answers. He couldnt...
  19. Boss1708

This is how the official website defines LGPE: Something in LGPE has to justify the bolded part. They specifically use the word "deep". So some deep mechanics are still maybe left in this game. So if it is not Abilities or Natures, I dont think the Battle Tower is such a wild guess from my...
  20. Boss1708

Again, Crystal was released on the VC a while ago. That is a game that doesnt have Abilities, Natures or even propper IVs and EVs, and yet it had the Battle Tower. I know they are simplifying some stuff, but it is a 60$ fucking game. They have to leave some content to justify the purchase...
Back
Top Bottom