Search results for query: *

1. Caitlin

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

There sure are a lot of new faces around here... I only recognize one name on this page! The fact that this community is still as strong as it was during my day, maybe even stronger, is a very heartwarming thing!
  2. Caitlin

It could always be worse. Prescott and I have been listening to our neighbors' gangster rap since about 6:30 this morning. It's the really shit, really sexist and really "please murder me in cold blood" kind, which makes it even worse. also, hi guys!
  3. Caitlin

You heard it here, folks, three sentences in a span of two weeks is contributing! Speaking as a former judge (can I go ahead and admit I didn't particularly like that part of being a moderator?), we really don't need more awards to consider. Behind the scenes is a mess as it is and throwing...
  4. Caitlin

And so are you. First lesson: talk behind someone's back and then make an effort to make sure it reaches them. I'll second what diamondpearl876 said, there isn't a guideline to follow. It's just bullying at the end of the day, but my favorite tactics always involved ruining or damaging...
  5. Caitlin

I feel so horribly detached from this place. I really want to visit more but I keep worrying I'll get stuck in the whirlpool that is destructive internet addiction. :(
  6. Caitlin

Alcohol, depression and a computer gets you a one way ticket to rock bottom. By the way, how were the holidays for everyone? They were quite busy for me, definitely the most busy in years.
  7. Caitlin

These new forums are interesting. I quite like the bar on the right on the main index page. Careful! You might scare me away again. I won't be available to judge any time soon. During my year-long hiatus, I reorganized my lifestyle and my usage of the internet has dropped tenfold. Between a...
  8. Caitlin

My pale complexion is merely a skin disease and I'm happy to inform you that I am very much alive. Uh oh! I'm out of the loop on this. Is there a collaboration I don't know about?
  9. Caitlin

Oh look, a wild Caitlin appears! What I miss, besides Kim totally ruining Storm Island?
  10. Caitlin

I had thought about it, writing a sort of "mirror universe Game of Thrones", where one little thing goes differently and the story vastly turns away from what's happened in the books towards something new. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to dedicate to that, nor really enough knowledge of...
  11. Caitlin

Back to Game of Thrones discussion, because I'm curious how other people who've read/watched the series feel. Does anyone else feel like the story on Essos would be a bit more compelling if Viserys had been the survivor instead of Daenerys? The more and more I read into Daenerys' story, the...
  12. Caitlin

That's the thing. People enjoy garbage, but they don't enjoy art. As much as I hate citing Family Guy, I saw an episode the other night where Brian's book that he had been writing for nearly the whole show was a complete failure, but then he went and wrote something people want to hear...
  13. Caitlin

I actually find girl characters difficult to write for. Up until AC-Prescott and I started taking Storm Island seriously, Andrea was a typical dumb-girl stereotype, being afraid of bugs, being a fashionista, being "absurdly attractive and beautiful" (actual quote from my first ever incarnation...
  14. Caitlin

Sure we are! It's just that some of us have charm while we're being idiots.
  15. Caitlin

So, today is Saint Patrick's Day and I'm starting to question what the big deal is regarding it. I don't even know who Saint Patrick is, other than some Irish guy who supposedly drove all of the snakes on the island to extinction (citation needed? I bet there are still snakes there). I doubt a...
  16. Caitlin

I wish I could believe that, but let's remember that Rickrolling is still a thing after almost six, maybe more years.
  17. Caitlin

I just dislike how some sections of the online community have taken the joke about it being religious so far. I'm fully expecting 2004-Iraq War levels of sectarian violence because of it.
  18. Caitlin

Oh god, please no. This topic has been the only place on the entire internet where I've been able to escape the stupidity generated by that stream.
  19. Caitlin

On the subject of planning... I think me and AC-Prescott have problems. We're *never* going to finish Storm Island at the current rate of production. (yes, all of those chapters have some degree of progress to them)
  20. Caitlin

So I was looking around the fairground and noticed "Turning Over a New Leaf", a mature "Human x Pokemon" story. It has 74,000 views. I never realized how popular that sort of thing is...
Back
Top Bottom