Search results for query: *

1. Cap'n Jack

What video games are you playing now?

It’s Spooktober, which means it’s time for me to play some spooky games. I just got to the first time you see the Alien in Alien: Isolation and snuck past some Working Joes. Loving the game’s atmosphere so far cuz it’s definitely made for fans of the first Alien movie rather than Aliens, which...
  2. Cap'n Jack

Correction, the Africa part of Metal Gear Solid V does not take place in South Africa, there are just a lot of South Africans there for one reason or another. I also maxed out my Bond with Quiet and got stinky. If you know, you know. ;) I also also painted her gold because I can’t believe...
  3. Cap'n Jack

I found that Joy Division tape in Metal Gear Solid V, so now I’m happy. I also got D-Walker and Quiet to join my squad, so that’s cool, but a little overshadowed by the fact that I also found a cassette with “Snake Eater” on it. MGS3 is the first one I played, so hearing that song from the...
  4. Cap'n Jack

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has taken over my life. There’s not nearly as much story as you usually get in one of these games, but I’ve already logged more hours into it than any other game in the series I played for the first game. This is probably the best-playing game in the series...
  5. Cap'n Jack

A couple days ago I started Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes... and beat it an hour and a half later. I must be doing a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers cuz I had heard Ground Zeroes was a miniature slice of a game but I never put together that it was literally one main story mission plus a...
  6. Cap'n Jack

Still going for the Platinum in Nier: Automata. All that’s left I think, is to get one more joke ending (Ending X, not sure what it could be) and fully upgrade two more Pods (I’m desperately looking for Pod upgrade parts).
  7. Cap'n Jack

Played some of my “comfort food” game, Persona 3 Portable last night. I’m in the extreme late game so I’m taking on the toughest challenges in the game. I only have one of the boss rematches left to do (the last one, fittingly), and I beat the Reaper! Yayyyyy! The feeling of dread was palpable...
  8. Cap'n Jack

Currently I’m going through Nier: Automata with a friend because we made a pact to help other Platinum the game. Last night I fully upgraded every weapon and fought a certain secret boss, which was actually fun at a point in the game where I’m disgustingly overleveled for everything else. Some...
  9. Cap'n Jack

Lately I’ve been sucked back into Nier: Automata and Persona 3, for a second play-through of both. Persona 3 I’ve been plugging away at the portable version off-and-on for like a year and a half now, just to have some comfort food to go back to whenever I want. Now I’m in the end game and I’m...
  10. Cap'n Jack

Beat Ico, I couldn’t stop thinking about it until it was over. Loved it! It’s one of those puzzle games that makes you feel like the whole game is one big puzzle, and the castle as a result has this sense of identity to make it stand out among video game castles. And just like I said, now I’m...
  11. Cap'n Jack

I beat Alpha Protocol, and while I am uncommonly patient with the rest of the game, that final mission took a huge nose dive. In that final mission, even I got a taste of that stank that most other people attribute to the entire game. It has not shaken my resolve, however, and I will remain the...
  12. Cap'n Jack

I’m blasting through a second play-through of Shadow of the Colossus, this time on PS2. This time I’m trying to find alternative (often janky) ways of climbing the Colossi.
  13. Cap'n Jack

Yesterday I played through the Moscow chapter of Alpha Protocol. This is the spitting image of a creative but janky and flawed B-game, I kinda love it warts-and-all. Sega doesn’t see the franchise potential they’re sitting on, and it’s not like their RPG stable is all filled up, since they’re...
  14. Cap'n Jack

I beat Shenmue II! Now time for the looooong wait to Shenmue III (don’t tell anyone I haven’t been waiting 18 years like some people...). I can’t genuinely tell you Shenmue is a good game, per se, but I enjoy playing it because it’s so far up its own ass and does the opposite of what every other...
  15. Cap'n Jack

Right now I’m playing Shenmue II. Just left Hong Kong for the second part of the game. This game feels much more dangerous than the first one, which makes sense because the first game took place in Ryo’s home town, but now he’s a stranger in a strange land, so money is harder to come by, the...
  16. Cap'n Jack

Right now I’m playing through Battlefield: Bad Company, because I was so profoundly bored by Call of Duty 4 that I took a friend’s recommendation for a military shooter that has a sense of friggin’ humor. So far, Bad Company is actually making me laugh more often than not, and I’m always...
  17. Cap'n Jack

Currently I have playthroughs going in Shenmue and Super Mario 64 DS. The latter because I felt like revisiting a childhood favorite (and I don’t have the original on N64 any more), the former because Shenmue III comes out in August and I want a refresher on the world’s slowest-paced story. If I...
  18. Cap'n Jack

Since my last post I’ve beaten Fallout 3 and Sonic Adventure, had a ton of fun with both of them; the former because something about Bethesda RPGs always grabs me despite the games being filthy with glitches, and the latter because it’s so hilariously bad. Sorry, guys, Sonic Adventure just...
  19. Cap'n Jack

@TeaWaah ; Sounds like your assessment is similar to mine, I super don’t care about the spooky cult stuff in Silent Hill, I think it’s best when it just analyzes people by tormenting them, the way James and Eddie and Angela were. So far the third game is just Halloweentime fun to me, but maybe...
  20. Cap'n Jack

I beat Doom 3, it might be the world’s most generic dimly-lit claustrophobic hallway shooter, but it was mostly fun and Doom is a heavy influence on those kinds of games anyway, so I think this one gets a pass. Now I’m playing Silent Hill 3, in the past few days I’ve made it to the Nightmare...
Back
Top Bottom