Search results for query: *

1. Cap'n Jack

Things that frustrate you in games?

Not even the 2000s are safe, dude. By far the funniest one I’ve seen is when the trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight had a haunting, somber cover of... wait for it... “Do You Realize?” by the Flaming Lips. I was absolutely baffled.
  2. Cap'n Jack

^ To talk about game trailers for a second, I also bust out laughing whenever a game (or movie) trailer has some slow, somber, haunting rendition of an ‘80s pop song (usually it’s an ‘80s pop song). Donnie Darko probably kicked this trend into high gear, just wish it would stop. Was anyone else...
  3. Cap'n Jack

I’m digging this thread up cuz I have a good one. It kept me up at night, and I wouldn’t rest until I screamed it from the rooftops! This isn’t exclusively a video game thing, but I notice it most in games; making a reboot for an old series and giving it the same title as the first game. I hate...
  4. Cap'n Jack

Ooh, I finally placed one of mine the other day: random encounters that are triggered by chance while taking a step in the game world, instead of the enemy being represented by a mob that the player can avoid. Think Pokemon or old Final Fantasy vs. something like Mother. The former gets very...
  5. Cap'n Jack

I finally thought of something to add here that isn't just being Cap'n Obvious. I like savoring every game, taking it slowly and meticulously and seeing if it rewards me for this play style, and I also hate looking up guides. This puts me in situations such as with games like Nier, which...
  6. Cap'n Jack

I was thinking of anything I could contribute to this thread, and I was nearly finished with an entire post about RNG, really anything that's random or luck-based. I started by talking about a game that I think handles randomness well, which is Minecraft. In that game, you're in a new world...
Back
Top Bottom