Search results for query: *

1. Cap'n Jack

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

That was FIRE Definitely would not be possible to sequence on an NES, but I like that it appears to have been made in one of those 8-bit music programs. The bass and percussion reminded me of Squarepusher a little bit. I could see this track in a WayForward game. 8/10
  2. Cap'n Jack

Man, I haven’t heard that album in years. I hope I’m mistaken in thinking the Stone Roses were kind of a one-album wonder? I’d love to hear more, their style is great. Like a blend of the Police and the Smiths with a hint of Joy Division. 9/10 I’ll keep the ‘80s thing going with something...
  3. Cap'n Jack

I’ve seen the movie and I couldn’t recall the melody at all, so that’s a strike against it. Besides that though, this is how classical music ought to sound (keep your hands off the mixer, just let the musicians play music). Forgettable but pleasant as long as it’s there. 6/10 Y’all heard that...
  4. Cap'n Jack

The Prodigy are weird, like, nobody can deny the influence they've had on electronic music, but I still think for the most part they're pretty goofy and take themselves way too seriously. As for this song specifically, I think the synthesizer is too shrill-sounding to justify how loud it is in...
  5. Cap'n Jack

Don't even have to click on the video, love that song and love the Smiths. 9/10. Disregard the video to this, it's just the only YouTube upload I can find of the song.
  6. Cap'n Jack

I always hold out hope for finding a cool electronic band, but I don't feel this one. The instrumental isn't bad (though I would've liked more variety), but I really disliked the vocals. The vocalist sounds like he has very little energy. Maybe a different synthesizer sound would've been better...
  7. Cap'n Jack

I think it's held back by its strict adherence to the verse-chorus structure. Also don't dig the vocals. Breaking Benjamin is one of those bands that I associate with the DeviantArt kind of crowd, but that's probably the best song I've heard by them. Interesting. 6/10
  8. Cap'n Jack

7/10. The ska-punk style is deliciously cheesy and the vocals remind me slightly of Jello Biafra. Sounds like something that would be in a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game, and I have a soft spot for anything that makes me feel that way. Parental Advisory - Explicit Content
  9. Cap'n Jack

That bass at the beginning was very misleading, it sounded like the song was gonna be dark and brooding. It was actually pretty funny when the band jumped in and the bass meshed perfectly fine. This is the jazzy, bouncy, slightly cheesy kind of sound I've been craving lately. 7/10. @ the person...
  10. Cap'n Jack

It's not something memorable enough for me to go out of my way to listen to it, but I didn't dislike it. For some reason it sounds older than it is to me. I'll give it a 7/10.
Back
Top Bottom