• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Cap'n Jack

Music What song are you currently listening to?

“Strangers” by Portishead.
  2. Cap'n Jack

I found a cassette of Document by REM at the thrift store, so I’m checking if it’s in half-decent shape. :p
  3. Cap'n Jack

“Atmosphere” by Joy Division There’s something about fake synth strings that I actually like. It’s weird, when a rock band uses actual strings on a recording it’s cheesy to me, but clearly fake synth strings give me the intended effect.
  4. Cap'n Jack

“Violet” by Deafheaven
  5. Cap'n Jack

“These Days” by Joy Division, chiefly that funky little thing the guitar does during the chorus.
  6. Cap'n Jack

“Souls at Zero” by Neurosis
  7. Cap'n Jack

“Plainsong” by the Cure
  8. Cap'n Jack

Right now it’s Philip Glass’s 7th Symphony, 1st Movement. I’ve never heard it before, but man, even though Philip Glass has tricks that he always pulls in everything he writes, it’s really moving to me.
  9. Cap'n Jack

You’re after my own heart bud, you couldn’t have posted a song I love more, haha. Right now I’m hearing “The Saddest Day” by Converge.
  10. Cap'n Jack

Ever since playing Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes the other day, it’s been “Here’s to You” by Ennio Morricone and Joan Baez.
  11. Cap'n Jack

“The Headmaster Ritual” by the Smiths. Absolutely incredible song, awesome bass, awesome guitar, and awesome lyrics. There were schools this bad in Florida too, once upon a time.
  12. Cap'n Jack

“Becoming a Stranger” by Converge. I wish they’d re-record some of this early stuff now that Bannon’s vocals are so much better. This is solid, solid writing.
  13. Cap'n Jack

“Symphonia IX (My Wait is U)” by Grimes. Specifically the chorus. The chords she makes with her voice are really nice.
  14. Cap'n Jack

“Hexagram” by Deftones. Mainly the guitar in the verse. It’s this awesome chord progression in 6/8 that feels bouncy but also heavy. Also the lyric “And the camera / Makes you sea-SICK!!”, that’s so awesome.
  15. Cap'n Jack

Life has given me an old Sandisk MP3 player from the 2000s, so I’ve had a blast filling up the rest of its storage space with music. My only stipulation is it has to be music from the 2000s. Right now it’s playing “When Girls Telephone Boys” by Deftones.
  16. Cap'n Jack

“Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)” by Deftones.
  17. Cap'n Jack

“Eminence Front” by the Who. I heard it on the radio while playing some San Andreas the other day, totally didn’t know that it was a Who song for all these years, and now that amazing bass is stuck in my head. Ba-dum-bum-BEDOO-la-bump...
  18. Cap'n Jack

Put on Gojira’s From Mars to Sirius, now at the final track, “Global Warming”. This album is like metal comfort food, I’ve listened to it a million times and it never fails to strike me with how beautiful it is.
  19. Cap'n Jack

“There is a Light That Never Goes Out” by the Smiths.
  20. Cap'n Jack

Apparently a year ago a Danish metal band whose debut I liked, Église, dropped three albums in the same month, right under my nose! Listening to The Past, currently at “I Am” (it’s not a cover of the song from Shadow the Hedgehog, sadly!). Pretty good, this is right up my alley in terms of...
Back
Top Bottom