Search results for query: *

1. Cap'n Jack

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

I got in a gloomy mood and watched a movie from 1965 called The Battle of Algiers, which is one of those must-watch movies if you’re a wannabe film buff. It’s seriously good, not only is the style of the cinematography really clear and ahead of its time, but its portrayal of terrorism...
  2. Cap'n Jack

The Lobster I saw trailers for this movie and thought it looked weird, but not my type of weird. Later, my friend came to me telling me I had to see it, so I watched it with him. This has to be one of the downright weirdest movies I’ve ever seen. It’s a black comedy, but the kind that I’ve...
  3. Cap'n Jack

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 8/10 Most of the reason I liked the movie was because of the subject matter and how it’s handled. Police not giving themselves the same rules as they give everyone else, “us-vs.-them” mentality on both sides, that sort of thing. Frances McDormand is a...
  4. Cap'n Jack

Birdman or (the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) Is that how you write this movie's title? Christ. My hipster radar is off the charts. I watched this movie because it won Best Picture at the most recent Oscars, and no other reason. I know how cool it is that they edited the whole movie to look...
  5. Cap'n Jack

If it's not Elton John, it's not for me ;P
  6. Cap'n Jack

The Dark Knight I'll admit, I used to like Batman Begins more than this one, but that's only because the first time I saw The Dark Knight, I got lost. By the end of it, I had no idea what had happened and I was really sick of Hans Zimmer's score, too. However, upon watching this movie a second...
  7. Cap'n Jack

Children of Men I don't really know what possessed me to watch this, but I hadn't watched a movie in a long time and eventually I decided, "hey, this is Alfonso Cuaron, why not?" Whatever it was that made me settle on this work of Cuaron's, I'm very glad it came into play. To anybody who views...
  8. Cap'n Jack

Godzilla Most people know of the Godzilla character not through the movies, but simply because of how much of a cultural icon he is. Even when people do speak of the movies, the general consensus is that Toho's long-running franchise of giant-monster-beat-'em-up movies is cheesy, low-budget...
  9. Cap'n Jack

Crash People could say that this movie puts racism into situations where racism doesn't play a part these days, but I think the most tragic part of this movie is the reality behind it. As annoying as it gets to hear people pulling the race card half a century after the civil rights movement is...
  10. Cap'n Jack

I saw Les Miserables on Christmas. All I'd really heard of this movie beforehand was a critic on a news channel that was playing on a TV set at a Firestone tire repair place. He had said that fans of the play it's based on would like it, but it would be a very long, arduous mope for everyone...
  11. Cap'n Jack

Donnie Darko I started this movie thinking that I was going to be confused and bewildered by it. To make a long story short, I wasn't. I might still be riding on the initial wave of watching this movie for the first time when I say that it could be my new favorite of all, but I have a...
  12. Cap'n Jack

The Wizard of Oz My grandmother grew up with this movie, and so did I. Semantics considered, I think the best word to describe this movie would be "spectacular".
  13. Cap'n Jack

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Probably one of my favorite comedies now. It fit my sense of humor rather nicely. Still could've used more deadpan snarks.
  14. Cap'n Jack

Shower
  15. Cap'n Jack

28 Days Later I've wanted to watch this movie for some time now, and now I have. It lived up to the things I'd read about it, played through the way I imagined it would. There's one big issue I have with it, though: the escape from the army battalion outside of Manchester. I don't think the...
  16. Cap'n Jack

Batman Sam Hamm and Tim Burton's Batman movie from 1989. Burton himself is indifferent toward it, and I can see where he's coming from. He said it was okay, and there were parts that he liked, but he mainly sees the film as boring. Just okay. Now, I wouldn't call it boring, but I can understand...
  17. Cap'n Jack

My Little Pony: The Movie Yes, you read that right. That one My Little Pony movie from the '80s that even bronies love to hate. My mom wanted to rent a ponies DVD on Netflix. She got the wrong generation. Still, it was better than I thought it was going to be, and I enjoyed watching it...
  18. Cap'n Jack

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie The full episodes of Cowboy Bebop I'd been watching on YouTube got pulled from the site, so I decided to sit down and watch a playlist that divided the movie into 11 parts to cure my case of Bebop withdrawl (it didn't include the awesome opening with the hostage crisis...
  19. Cap'n Jack

Rango I... I don't know where to start... I mean, geez, I don't remember buying drugs from that guy behind the Walgreens... Now, don't start thinking that I didn't like this movie, because I-- Well, even I don't know if I liked it or not. It is, at this moment, unexplainable. But maybe...
  20. Cap'n Jack

Bean That's right, the original Mr. Bean movie from 1997. Being a Mr. Bean fan myself, I did like this movie. In all honesty, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but hten again, I was expecting the funniest movie ever made. :P Overall, Bean is hilarious. The movie does seem to pause...
Back
Top Bottom