Search results for query: *

1. C

Controversial opinions

I meant 'Core sentiment' as 'Dislike of Paul'. I agree with that much, even if my specific reasoning isn't the same. I already said the post's flawed and excessive in tone, so I wasn't even trying to say that the rest is excused, or that the post has much else going for it. To me, what...
  2. C

Controversial opinions

I feel like most Sirfetch'd, having trained hard and become Fighting-type, have become too tough and lean to be good oven roasts. The secret to overcoming this is to keep them from training for a while and fatten them up.
  3. C

Controversial opinions

I will agree with you in certain ways, namely: 1: I've grown to dislike all 'Sue' terminology as a whole, since it's far too imprecise and open to interpretation. By time your intent is explained well enough, the term usually becomes unnecessary anyway. 2: The tumblr post really is flawed and...
  4. C

Controversial opinions

I can't say I'm too disappointed, since this is pretty much exactly what I was expecting. But the brevity comes off like you don't really want me to try coaxing anything else out of you, so I won't. But... moving past that, I want to at least follow up on what I mean by punishment, I don't...
  5. C

Controversial opinions

I typically try to keep quiet about Paul, because bringing him up is often a Jumbo Sized Can Of Worms, and no one's mind ends up changing anyway, buuutttt.... to come at this with the expectation that I'm not going to change any minds and am basically just giving my opinion on why I can't stand...
  6. C

Controversial opinions

I feel like Tracy is just really neutral. Nothing exciting, but nothing terrible either. He just kinda exists. He's so neutral to me that I'm not even really sure how to make him better? I can't think of anything that bothers me enough to make me seriously motivated to change it. Whenever I...
  7. C

Controversial opinions

I also took Goodra's performance to mostly be Ash's own fault. Just off the top of my head, there's more he could've done pretty easily. Use Ice Beam to make walls and slow opponents down. Honestly, I'd abandon Bide entirely. There are multiple better moves. Iron Tail, Sludge Wave, Muddy...
  8. C

Controversial opinions

There's also the issue with the narrative deciding that Cameron apparently 'deserves' a fully obedient Hydreigon in spite of all his flaws, when back in Kanto, the narrative decided that Ash didn't deserve Charizard's obedience until he really worked for it. And that even within the same...
  9. C

Controversial opinions

I'm probably just reading into it too much because of my disappointment, but it even comes across as sort of insulting to Ash. As if the narrative somehow lost faith in him. Like implying "Ha, after all this time, Ash isn't even good enough to lose believably and honorably to this guy! He has...
  10. C

Controversial opinions

Even then, Unova could've been salvaged if the situation felt like it actually made sense. After all, how he places also depends on the overall strength of his competition. Sinnoh or even Hoenn Ash could probably go back in time and wipe the floor with the Kanto League, because those...
  11. C

Controversial opinions

Yeah, I understand why thematically, this one just boils down to personal preference. Like I said, I think unconventional personalities work for some Pokemon, but I just like Dragonite better as they usually are. Plus, that second part about them needing to be shown bonding more negatively...
  12. C

Controversial opinions

I still wish Dragonite were at least a Salamence or Hydreigon, just because imo giving it such a 'species atypical' personality was a poor decision too. I know that each a Pokemon is an individual, and for some Pokemon a 'mismatched' personality works, but half of why I like Dragonite is the...
  13. C

Controversial opinions

I just find it weird that the other Trainer responsible for that Poliwrath situation, at least from what I remember, didn't show remorse or get held to any account. Like it wasn't totally his fault, because Ash accepted the risk of battling with a disadvantage, but you'd still think that almost...
  14. C

Controversial opinions

Especially when it comes to Hydreigon... I can't help but think that he just got insanely lucky and somehow got the most agreeable Hydreigon ever, because any other Hydreigon should've flipped out and eaten him a long time ago. If Ash could barely handle a Charizard, how the heck did Cameron...
  15. C

Controversial opinions

I get what you're saying, and partially agree. But on some level, a regional league victory is starting to make more sense by now, at least in theory. Ash has been at this for 'years' (floating timeline, but you know what I mean), and at a certain point things start to level out when it comes...
  16. C

Controversial opinions

From what I remember, Kalos was an especially self-contained region, and this is definitely one of the downsides of that. Along with how that excessive self-containment almost makes it a good thing that Ash didn't win the League, because IMO it would've felt more emotionally hollow if he won...
  17. C

Controversial opinions

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if the goal is something 'feminine' again, I just don't like how Showcases felt like a waste of potential. Like, I think they were going in the right direction with the importance of creativity and resourcefulness. And in theory, the variety of different activities would...
  18. C

Controversial opinions

Yeah, you're right, my mistake. Even so, it still kind of illustrates the feeling I was trying to explain, in a way. I thought I could remember off the top of my head, but Top 16 seemed "too high" in my mind. So I second-guessed and moved it down, in part because Kanto's tournament didn't...
  19. C

Controversial opinions

The problem there I think wasn't directly that Cilan was experienced. It was that his goal lacked structure and focus. By extension, he didn't change much because there wasn't much to change him in the first place. You get a passing sense of what a Connoisseur is and does, but you don't...
  20. C

Controversial opinions

In my case, and likely some others, it's not that I want Ash's perfection, or constant badassery, or for him to prove he's "better than Red". It's more that I'm looking at the consistency and pacing. Basically, whether or not his progress feels timely, engaging, and logical. Even the...
Back
Top Bottom