Search results for query: *

1. C

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Porygon did nothing wrong
  2. C

Christ. Imagine if Brock met Lorelei. He’d have a stroke right then and there.
  3. C

You’re preaching to the choir. Unfortunately, people will bash 4Kids because “they called it a donut!!l” but ignore the utter trash heap dub that exists today that does all the deadly sins of 4Kids but on steroids or double standards like Japanese puns (which they still do today and have) or...
  4. C

You do know the dub under TPCI not only removes the music but now doesn’t even keep any of it? They’re far beyond anything 4Kids did.
  5. C

PUSA and TPCI always had “control” or oversight even when 4Kids dubbed it. Which is why the notion they “took it back” isn’t really true. It’s still to this day handled by a third party.
  6. C

Meh, they may have over-emphasized “this isn’t a goodbye but a see you soon” kind of thing but the meaning was the same. Sucks we had to wait until the final episode for it to happen but we got the bird back.
  7. C

I think it’s pretty clear in the Japanese version when Ash released Pidgeot in Pallet Party Panic that saying “we’ll be back as soon as we finish our errand” implies he would be back for Pidgeot. The writers at least thought so too, as recent events have indicated. I know this episode in Japan...
  8. C

It sure sounds like he said he was coming for Pidgeot in the Japanese. Don’t see what the dub did wrong.
  9. C

Alvin and the Chipmunks was on Nickelodeon in the late 90s and I remember watching it all the time. Garfield too and other 60s-80s cartoons. The 4Kids writers were clever and talented. The dialogue was natural and pop culture references and puns were put together in a humorous way. Go watch...
  10. C

I remember watching “Here’s looking at you, Elekid” when it premiered and the jump to digital was definitely noticeable. I always thought the episodes looked like they were green or tan tinted. I kind of liked it. It got more subdued during AG and then was different season 7 or 8.
  11. C

I was irritated with this episode back then. Did Kingler or Muk just up and die? Squirtle wasn’t knocked out being asleep. And Pidgeotto getting tired having to pull the balloon was stupid. He could’ve used it against Charmander or Butterfree.
  12. C

There is no veritable proof that anyone at 4Kids asked the producers to remove Japanese text.
  13. C

Non-English versions of The Simpsons - Wikipedia This lists some of the country’s. In Japan, Bart is more respectful to Homer since his actual character wouldn’t fit well in Japanese culture. Many Arabic versions have Homer drinking Duff Soda since alcohol is banned and remove Krusty and his...
  14. C

There is absolutely no proof at all Brock was removed due to anything for American audiences. In fact your post is the first I’ve ever heard of this supposed focus group. I have no doubt it’s a false rumor. 4Kids never had a say in what the Japanese writers and animators put together. Them...
  15. C

The Simpsons in Japan is completely different than the US one so that’s a horrible example to use. Bart and Homer especially are completely different characters. And there is absolutely no proof anyone from 4Kids or the US forced the creators to remove Japanese text.
  16. C

It’s the 11th episode of a show that nobody here in the US knew would be the phenomenon it became. They flatly admitted they were still learning a lot of things in interviews during those early episodes. And at the end of the day it’s what someone said in a commentary that is merely an...
  17. C

Which probably has more to do with the fact it was early on in the series and nobody had a clue how the show would turn out or be successful.
  18. C

I hate that back then Pidgeotto falling asleep vs Koga and Squirtle against Ritchie counted as an L.
  19. C

My local Toys R US had a couple of Pokémon dog tags from the late 90s for sale until a few months back and I regret not buying them. Still can find lots of cool 90s era Pokémon things on eBay. I bought a new Charmander room greeter.
  20. C

There was definitely Pokémon pogs in the USA. There was Pokémon everything back then. An era that will never be repeated.
Back
Top Bottom