Search results for query: *

1. Chidamari Sketch

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Now, I've made my fondness of Mesozoic life unambiguous here at this point, so I'll just bite and admit that for Tyrunt: I mostly just appreciate it for its final stage and on its own merits, it's neat but I don't think it's especially that endearing. It's a small, feisty li'l Tyrannosaurus...
  2. Chidamari Sketch

Noivern feels like another Pokemon that I theoretically should appreciate; particularly since I have a fondness for nearly every other chiropteran Pokemon (yes, this includes the entire Zubat line and the Woobat line, for your information). However... honestly I just never clicked with this...
  3. Chidamari Sketch

I know my friend Rainami outright HATES the living shit out of Alolan Dugtrio; finding these maned talpids to be none more than a bland one-note gag based on a volcanic phenomenon without much else nuance. I don't feel a strong resentment for them like she does but I'll admit, even as someone...
  4. Chidamari Sketch

Now, most Pokemon that are designed by Hitoshi Ariga tend to be somewhere among my favorite Pokemon... this ursine, unfortunately; ain't one of them. I won't deny that the concept is rather solid, I suppose: it's a rebellious anthropomorphic bear that takes after 20th century-style stereotypes...
  5. Chidamari Sketch

Now, if I were to put Drapion in a favorites list, it'd probably be in a modestly low position all things considered. But I have some fondness for it. The design itself kind of puts me off from otherwise liking it a lot because of how utterly angular, chunky, and peculiarly accordion-shaped it...
  6. Chidamari Sketch

Minior's a hidden gem, really. I always thought the little star was endearing, if not sincerely adorable in its simplicity, and the variety of colors that it could unveil itself to be are just a bonus. They also have a deceptively tragic background: the Pokedex entries elucidate that these...
  7. Chidamari Sketch

For what it is, I think Cyclizar is a neat specimen of worldbuilding; it's a vehicular motorcycle analogue ridden by humans, which is vaguely reminiscent of the Mario franchise's Yoshi species and Final Fantasy's Chocobos. I just find the fact that it's wheels can't spin at all jarring. They're...
  8. Chidamari Sketch

On account of me heavily preferring what it evolves into, Carvanha is mildly endearing for what it is. It's only fitting that the piscine carnivores that pop culture characterizes as edacious maritime hordes would embody the first Water/Dark types of the franchise. The fact that a piranha...
  9. Chidamari Sketch

I ultimately still like it and its a fixture of my Legends Arceus team; but admittedly it has fallen off in terms of Pokemon I like that thrived within the lands of Hisui. It's certainly not unappealing for someone like me who appreciates piscines... but it kind of is just Qwilfish but blown up...
  10. Chidamari Sketch

Simisage and the entire monkey line kinda blatantly exist not just for the sake of wanting a promotional mascot for Gen 5, but also as something of a crutch; they literally hand you a simian just to beat one Gym Leader in the early-game. I'm generally someone who tries to not bite on the usual...
  11. Chidamari Sketch

I didn't care for Poltchageist at all and found it underwhelming as an ecological/convergent counterpart when it debuted (didn't help that my best friend Rainami really wanted the leaked convergent counterpart to be a Swalot doppelganger, and man was she sad when it turned out she was misled)...
  12. Chidamari Sketch

Swalot is in fact one of the top favorites of my close internet friend Rainami; who used to be in these forums. As a result, it's a Pokemon I mentally associate with her. In regards to it as a species, I'd say the aforementioned fondness from her rubbed off on me. It's an acidic creature with a...
  13. Chidamari Sketch

Starmie is a Pokemon that took a while to grow on me, but now it's among the many Gen 1 Pokemon I actually really like. I like that our first echinoderm in this franchise is a heavily implied extraterrestrial, and I find it's appearance as a gemstone-encrusted organism that mostly resembles a...
  14. Chidamari Sketch

Hisuian Decidueye... frankly is probably my least favorite of the choices of a first partner in Hisui. Most of whatever I feel about it blends with what I feel about Decidueye to begin with: it's a Pokemon that I seem to notice people expect me to like and theoretically should be something that...
  15. Chidamari Sketch

With the exception of Palkia and Kingdra; which I respectively dislike and have indifference towards, there's something of a peculiar track record with Water/Dragon Pokemon: Dracovish, this Pokemon, and Walking Wake easily came atop my most fondest Pokemon of the respective generations they...
  16. Chidamari Sketch

Swalot is among my closest friend's favorite Pokemon (It and Gulpin practically share the 3rd or so slot), and I'd say I also have a soft spot for the grotesque creature with a disarmingly dopey expression. It's always neat to see a Pokemon species that are nondescript enough that there's...
  17. Chidamari Sketch

It was the first proper introduction to the Ghost type and though I feel like the ghosts of the SpaceWorld 1997 Demo should've stayed (or at least, just 'Norowara'); that doesn't detract from the fact that this is unquestionably my favorite Pokemon introduced in Generation 2. Always thought it...
  18. Chidamari Sketch

...I'll just answer both. Shroomish is a Pokemon that in general doesn't last in my mind very long, but being an early-game Pokemon of the Generation that I started with, there's an air of nostalgia I do feel around it. While I generally have... feelings about how Bulbapedia handles the...
  19. Chidamari Sketch

Espathra is one of many Paldean Pokemon that took time to warm to me, but it's quite an eye-catching ratite bird. The consistent Egyptian theming alongside how its body, from its frilly wings to its neck and limbs looking as if wrapped from ribbons (admittedly more easier to tell by the official...
  20. Chidamari Sketch

I genuinely want to like Armaldo... but unfortunately it manages to be one of the only two Fossil Pokemon I have a distaste for, alongside Kabutops. The idea of an Anomalocaris: the apex predator of the Cambrian, being depicted as a theropod dinosaur-like beast is a neat idea. However, fact that...
Back
Top Bottom