Search results for query: *

1. Circus

Your controversial opinions

I mean, it's hard to say for sure because the internet brings a lot of anonimity but I did link two censi that seemed to support that women are more prevalent in fandom. That said, I do concede that there could be some reasons that introduce bias in that research. As BackSet mentioned, men...
  2. Circus

Since there aren't official censi run by the platforms, as far as I know, we'll have to make do with community-ran ones. In a census taken on AO3 in 2013, 80% of the census takers identified as female. A study made with FanFiction.net accounts that joined in 2010 showed that 78% of the...
  3. Circus

I mean, I kinda get it? The protagonists are more or less self inserts by definition, so outside of the few situations in which the opposite characters are given personalities because they become full fledged characters (like say, Serena / Calem in Kalos) they're essentially OCs, and so most...
  4. Circus

While that may be the case, it's a lot easier to get sideline Porygon than the franchise's mascot. (Or get rid of Thunderbolt in the anime)
  5. Circus

I think it's more of a cost effectiveness thing, even if Porygon makes for a better Siri, it likely can't physically affect the device the way Rotom can, so by using Rotom they get more bang for their buck.
  6. Circus

The Raihan fight animation shows something normal phones can't do: they can't pan and float and keep track of someone on their own. If I had to guess an in-world reason, they were made for influencers / peopled involved in filming and photography and since those are the more or less the main...
  7. Circus

To be fair Nintendo was trying to make people avoid doing 100% runs. You only need 441 seed to get everything useful you can get with them and the only thing you get with all 900 of them is ... literal crap. Their design goal there was more "you have a lot of options to get all the stuff, so...
  8. Circus

For what it's worth, I think Bede is a jerk rival done right. He's an a-hole (so it's fun to beat him) but we actually delve into his character and why he does the things he does - he's not a one dimensional character like Silver or (Gen I) Blue.
  9. Circus

It's more or less the natural way things go - people only have one source of information, so that source will be thoroughly dissected until something new comes along. It could be worse - we could be having conversations about how Masuda's lunch is code for a remake or Sakurai's furniture is...
  10. Circus

But you said, and I quote: Emphasis mine. So you clearly haven't considered all aspects. To add to RK9's point, it has an actually decent usage percentage in VGC high level play as well - higher than Ferrothorn, Groudon, and both Calyrex-Riders for instance. While it's fine to not care about...
  11. Circus

It is, that's why the discussion on ethics was motivated by the plot of two core series games.
  12. Circus

Well, at that point you enter in a philosophical bog that has no solution as far as I'm aware. There is no such thing as a completely rational decision, and people are indeed capable of incredible degrees of rationalizing. And it's also important to keep people accountable for what they...
  13. Circus

Like I said, there's a difference between a protected class, a movement and an organization. A protected class is something you are and can't change (race, gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, etc.) or something whose protection has been deemed important by the government and society...
  14. Circus

First things first, I didn't mean to imply that the error of one is the error of all. For that I'm sorry. The thing though is that there is no such thing as complete neutrality. By continuing to support a certain organization you are implicitly pushing a message forward. Take PETA for example...
  15. Circus

Funny you mention the friendship checkers, since they make a very strong case for battling being immoral. From them, we know Pokémon don't like fainting (they get a friendship deduction), in a battle at least one of the Pokémon will faint. By battling you're forcing at least one Pokémon to...
  16. Circus

So did N? That was his whole character arc? I can appreciate the fact they extending on that but a couple of scenes with minor characters don't really have the same impact as the arc of the main antagonist. If that was a lesson, it was terribly communicated and nonsensical in the way they...
  17. Circus

Reading through this thread, I think the franchise would benefit from a reboot or at least a split-path spin-off franchise. Make a new region, new Pokémon, maybe new moves and just isolate it from the rest of the series. Given the 20 years of baggage we're dealing with, Pokémon has a bit of a...
  18. Circus

Hop is one of the better rivals in the series and certainly a better rival than Blue. While it might not be as challenging a battle, Hop as a character has a lot more depth and has an actual arc. On that same vein, Silver actually has an arc but it's much shallower than Hop's. And now for a bit...
Back
Top Bottom