Search results for query: *

1. CrystaI

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Rather than asking such question in the Writer's Workshop, go instead ask your parents to bring you along during the next grocery shopping.
  2. CrystaI

Pallet Town is famous for being the home of the authoritive Pokemon Professor Samuel Oak. Ash Ketchum? Who's that?
  3. CrystaI

The first place you will see in Kanto: Vermilion Seaport. Why? Simple. That is the first place you'll arrive at, provided you came overseas by ship/boat.
  4. CrystaI

It happens to me a lot of time, specifically conversation scenes of casual talks without direct mentions of any plot-relevant information, such as friendly gossip between characters. Oh I just hate it. When can I get to the main points? I often lose interest in it as quick as just 3 minutes even...
  5. CrystaI

I have the same feeling. I think it is because most writing motivation advice are just telling what you should do to become motivated, but never describe why doing those things will makes you become motivated. Additionally, is it practically possible for you to do those thing? For example, I'm...
  6. CrystaI

I don't know how many times I had said this before, but still I will say this once again. The fictional world of your story is merely inspired by our Real-Life, but it is not exactly our Real-Life. So there exist no reason to use any trademarked terminologies that are only known by Real-Life...
  7. CrystaI

So virtually speaking, it is "How shall writing a fic not become a tiresome work?" Sorry that my experience may not be any help, because I don't really recall any scenes within my fanfics where I feel so boring that I just wanted to skip writing it, even to the point of considering an...
  8. CrystaI

In my second fanfic project that I'm currently working on, I use 1st person POV narrative to tell the story, where the focus character changes for each chapter. For one character, I use it to told the story of another character, so you may say 2nd person POV narrative is also included. Of course...
  9. CrystaI

Just a question. Why an emotional rivalry between the two characters is needed? Why the two strangers must meet each other before the actual competition? Will it produce a big story plot problem if they never met before, only met each other the first time on the stage? Since you said it, they...
  10. CrystaI

^ Nether of the two, but the atmosphere and tension that is drawn out by appropriate exposition of the respective scene. A highly intense fight is not necessarily long nor full of conversations, but it must be full of tension that will make the reader nervous and strained, by showing that...
  11. CrystaI

"At the moment you are hoping to become a hero, you already lose the prerequisite to become a hero!" -- Shuichi Kitaoka from Kamen Rider Ryuuki. "To be alone is to be different. To be different is to be alone." -- Suzanne Gordon, 1945~. Sorry for the origins of two quotes being so unrelated...
  12. CrystaI

There is always another method in making a seemingly long battle short, which is by changing the very fundamental of the winning condition. I had one in the very early stage of my crossover fic, where two trainers battle each other 6vs6. However, the winning rule is Sudden Death, meaning out of...
  13. CrystaI

My attitude towards fanfic idea is simply ANYTHING GOES! My personal motto: "There is no bad idea in this world, just unappreciated ideas that are waiting yet to be appreciated" And my alternative interpretation of Sturgeon's Law: "90% of everything is crap -- simply because 99% of the...
  14. CrystaI

For me, I planned my story basically all the way at least up to half of the entire work. But for this, it is only the basic draft outline, or the general idea what I had planned to write in the future. It is alterable anytime during the process. I do this because it will then give me an idea...
  15. CrystaI

In terms of Real-Life general ID card of all sorts, whether it may be personal ID, passport, driver license, or occupational ID used in your workplace, basically it has the card holder's name, date of birth, card holder's gender, public ID no. OR passport number (if the country uses passport...
  16. CrystaI

Maybe these threads could helps you out. Sorry but you need to read like 30+ pages, because all of these are just important yet merely the basic knowledges: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f455/writing-pokemon-battles-146245/...
  17. CrystaI

If you already expected the reactions of reader, and had plot planning to make an interesting story, then really you don't need ask for opinions of other people about story idea. Just go for whatever plot you wanted to write, even that story have a shallow excuse plot twist the physics of...
  18. CrystaI

Neither of the two. First thing first, why the crossover must be in the format of "character of canon A suddenly transfer to universe of canon B"? Can't it be the setting of canon A adapt to or even exist in the universe of canon B, where then it doesn't have the problem of implausibility of...
Back
Top Bottom