• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. C

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I'm surprised Dogasu you didn't say anything about Iris or Cilan making a cameo for all of 2016. Do you think the writers are going to break tradition and not bring the previous gen girl back this time? Iris may not have been as popular as the other girls, but I would be genuinely shocked if the...
  2. C

Dogasu, did we ever get confirmation that the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special was commissioned by 4kids by their story ideas or plot? I don't know if we ever got confirmation of that or not. That 4kids gave the Japanese writers a story plot/idea they wanted and then it was written. Stuff...
  3. C

If you want another cartoon example, there was an episode of the 4kids TMNT cartoon, "Insane in the Membrane" that didn't air on TV because it pushed Saturday morning standards. It was later released on DVD and streamed on 4kids' website for a while, but to my knowledge it never aired on their...
  4. C

The trade itself wasn't ridiculous, I just think people wanted Ash to keep Aipom. Considering we now know Ambipom gets released anyway...it might have been better if it stayed with Ash. The writers should have rotated Ash's team in DP.
  5. C

Seems like Liza's character is a bit different in the Japanese version than the dub. Not to mention the dub gave her that awful Lisa Ortiz generic voice that all the female Johto characters had. 4kids made Johto even more tedious by giving every female the same damn voice. I am glad the...
  6. C

One of the reasons I felt myself losing interest in BW at the start is for the same reasons Dogasu mentions: This saga feels really weird coming off of the DP series. It almost feels like Best Wishes could take place after the Johto saga or something. DP felt too serious at times, with...
  7. C

I agree with Dogasu that the third episode of BW was pretty bad. Its "plot" would feel right at home with the fillers of Johto. Sandile debuting and Oshawott being captured isn't enough to save it. Its a shame to see that the anime has improved so much since Johto, yet we still sometimes get...
  8. C

His earlier comparisons never brought this stuff up. TR's dialogue is always altered way back since the days of 4kids, yet he never brought up every single dialogue change from them before.
  9. C

I really don't see how Ash saying he wants to meet ALL the Unova Pokemon is some kind of error or re-write. We know Ash is going to see all the Unova Pokemon anyway, so what difference does it make? I also think they kept Delia's underwear obsession just for continuity. Likewise, TR are...
  10. C

Its more bashing than anything positive, but that's understandable. Dogasu, how much longer do you think you'll be running your site for? You've been doing it for over a decade, and I don't think any of us expected the anime to go on as long as it did. Do you ever feel like calling it...
  11. C

I am surprised he made no comment of TR showing more personality in the dub (or their dub personality anyway), then the original. I notice Dogasu only brings up the negatives in terms of the dub, not the positives. Not sure why he was complaining about Barry's voice either when that was one...
  12. C

Dogasu why are you saying the last line bugged you? Saying, "pokemon master, Ash" and, "Pokemon doctor Brock," was obviously the characters telling each other what they expected them to become. It wasn't, "what they already are." It was Ash and Brock noting their dreams and what they expected of...
  13. C

Ruby/Sapphire are almost a decade old. There's no reason not to doubt Hoenn won't be re-visited in the games in some form. I doubt the anime would go back to Hoenn though, for the same reason they didn't go back to Johto. There's nothing for Ash to do in an older region.
  14. C

Its the same deal. Its more of 4kids adding suggestive moments between Ash/Misty that was not in the original. Even playful dialogue which can be interpreted as flirting. This is why you have a bunch of people on forums thinking things about the show that were never intended. 4kids really...
  15. C

From the new comparison: I admit, I lol'd. Why did 4kids always add these shipping moments into the show? Most of the things people think about Misty on the show is because of 4kids tampering.
  16. C

Reading your new comparisons, I agree that this Grand Festival should have been at least 5 episodes, if only so Dawn Vs. Jessie could have gotten a full episode. I also agree that having Dawn get into the finals but skipping all her battles was ridiculous. It didn't feel to me as if she won a...
  17. C

Wow, just browsing through the site I had completely forgotten you skipped over DP: Battle Dimension entirely except the Croagunk ep because of the character design change for the filler kid. I know its old news now and you'd rather do current Sinnoh League victor comparisons and classic Kanto...
  18. C

I'm glad Dogasu doesn't think Gible is all that great either. That being said Gliscor was a much funnier and more memorable Pokemon.
  19. C

Dawn's not a permanent co-star. We'll be saying goodbye to her in roughly 3 months. But it is nice to see a character not named Ash get a lot of screentime. Misty and Brock would have loved to get this type of screentime, and May to a lesser extent, although she got more Contests than Dawn in...
  20. C

I like that a lot of the Japanese music is being kept for the Galactic finale, it keeps things epic. However I disagree that everything in Sinnoh was planned out well, as we've seen with Gliscor and the E4 plot possibly being axed.
Back
Top Bottom