Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Ran into a shiny Drifloon in a new playthrough of Scarlet. Full odds and everything. I was exploring the area where the Normal Tera Scyther lurks when I encountered a pack (flock?) of Drifloon. I saw the yellow one and thought it was a Flittle at first (since there were a number of them nearby)...
  2. CynthiaLover

Forgive the double post, but another day, another shiny. After taking yesterday off (largely due to errands), I booted up Scarlet again. And I ran into a shiny Donphan near the auction port town. It nearly got away since a Deerling got in front of me when I tried to engage it in a battle but I...
  3. CynthiaLover

Oh, boy, here we go again. Ran into a shiny Cufant while exploring the mines near the Steel Titan. I was engaged in battle with a Lokix when it passed by in the background, making me do a double-take. I quickly ran away from the Lokix and engaged with the shiny Cufant. One burn and a Repeat Ball...
  4. CynthiaLover

Forgive the now quadruple post but another shiny fell into my lap today while I was over at my folks for Thanksgiving. First I tried fishing for a shiny in an Eevee outbreak nearby Iono's city, even using the picnic method to reset the spawns. No luck. But when I went to the beach nearby I...
  5. CynthiaLover

Forgive the now triple post but I meant to mention yet another shiny encounter earlier. But now I'm glad I didn't, as I had another one a little later. In short, while exploring the area in Scarlet I ran into a shiny Mudbray. At least I registered it faster than I did the Tarountula. Caught it...
  6. CynthiaLover

Forgive the double post (though it's been a while since last time), but in a new playthrough of Scarlet I ran into a shiny Taroundtula a little more than one hour into the game. It took me a good, long moment to realize it before going for it. Even got a Critical Capture when I chucked my ball...
  7. CynthiaLover

Ran into a shiny Mr. Rime in a 3 Star Max Raid Battle in my recent Sword playthrough. Full-odds and everything. I'm glad I do every Max Raid I find, both for the items and the Mons, as I would've missed this one if I didn't have that policy. Managed to catch it in a Luxury Ball and named him...
  8. CynthiaLover

Forgive the double post but it happened again. This time in the Cobalt Coastlands I ran into a shiny Machoke. At least this time I didn't have to worry about it running away like the previous Budew, since Machoke are docile, tend to flex their muscles at you, and will attack if provoked. While...
  9. CynthiaLover

While playing Legends Arceus I returned to the Crimson Mirelands to complete some side-quests after saving H-Liligant. And the second Mon I see when I enter is another shiny Budew. This one, however, nearly escaped me. I, fortunately, had the foresight to save when I saw it but it burst out of...
  10. CynthiaLover

And yet another shiny in this Legends Arceus playthrough. I had just entered the Crimson Mirelands (after scouring the Obsidian Fieldlands for Mons I hadn't caught yet, including several Alphas, along with completing a few requests), the first thing I run into is a shiny Budew. What are the odds...
  11. CynthiaLover

Ran into a shiny Paras in a new playthrough of Legends Arceus. I was clearing out the Paras by Nature's Pantry so I could go after the Alpha Parasect without any... interference, when new Paras began spawning and I heard the shiny chime, causing me to nearly drop my controller. After a quick...
  12. CynthiaLover

Ran into a shiny Spoink in Scarlet. Full odds, too. Almost missed it until I noticed that it looked odd compared to the cluster of Spoink and one Grumpig that made up the group (I thought at first the shadows of the area were making it look odd until I took a closer look). Named her Miss Piggy...
  13. CynthiaLover

While catching Mons for the dex in a recent Sword playthrough I encountered a shiny Chandelure in the Wild Area. Full odds and everything. It was lucky that I was able to get a Crit Capture with a Quick Ball when I encountered it so that heavily simplified things. I've always wanted a shiny...
  14. CynthiaLover

Ran into a shiny Rookidee in a new Scarlet playthrough. Full odds, too. I noticed it while in battle with an NPC on the way to the Klawf Titan. I was able to quickly end the battle and just as quickly catch the Rookidee. It's a female with an Adamant nature but has Unnerve. I'm tempted to use...
  15. CynthiaLover

I had double the luck in finding shinies today. I picked up my Breath of Fire-themed Scarlet game to prepare for the DLC. While exploring the beach near Iono's gym I found a shiny Mareanie. Caught her and tucked her away for now. Then I partook in a Fighting Tera Raid Battle (by myself) and it...
  16. CynthiaLover

Forgive the double post but while exploring the Cobalt Coastlands to finish some side-quests and collect wisps I ran into a shiny H-Growlithe. Managed to nab the little doggie. That's five random shinies thus far (not counting the guaranteed Ponyta, obviously) in one playthrough. This is why I...
  17. CynthiaLover

I had two shinies back-to-back in my most recent playthrough of Legends Arceus. First, while hunting for H-Sneasel in the Coronet Highlands I ended up hearing the shiny sound. After a bit of exploring I found my target: a shiny Scyther. Managed to catch it no prob and evolved it into a shiny...
  18. CynthiaLover

Continuing my playthrough in Legends Arceus I was busy catching a bunch of Mons, including the Alpha Bibarrel (which was being stubborn). And in the process I heard the shiny sound. Looking around I spotted a shiny Zubat nearby. Used my Stantler's Hypnosis to make it drowsy before chucking a...
  19. CynthiaLover

Due to some data corruption I lost a couple of game files (fortunately, they weren't major files, just a few secondary ones). So I ended up doing another Legends Arceus run to make up for the lost data (fortunately, the previous file wasn't very deep in the game so the loss was minimal). And...
  20. CynthiaLover

While hunting for a Roaring Moon to replace the one I traded away some time ago in Scarlet I ran into a shiny Braviary among a flock of them. Took a bit of effort but I caught it. This is in the same file that has had the insane luck of finding totally random shinies, so this one is just another...
Back
Top Bottom