Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

The fact that Emboar still can't learn Fire Punch via Level Up baffles me. Many of its dex entries state it "launches flaming punches", aka: Fire Punch, yet it can only learn Fire Punch via Move Tutor and, later on, a TM. How can this Mon still not learn Fire Punch via Level Up? I know a number...
  2. CynthiaLover

I'm quite surprised that Paldean Tauros Aqua Breed can't learn Flip Turn now that the move is available thanks to the DLC. Why is that? Is it because P-Tauros is much more aggressive so it's not the type to use hit-and-run tactics?
  3. CynthiaLover

To this day I'm surprised that Infernape STILL can't learn Drain Punch. It learns various other punching moves (including the newly added Power-Up Punch), and it's HA is freakin' Iron Fist, which complements punching moves, and yet somehow is STILL can't learn Drain Punch. Come on, get with the...
  4. CynthiaLover

Well, Regidraco is a Dragon-type, so that might be why it gets it even though it lacks any means of actually using it (unless it just swings its dragon head-shaped arms around to replicate swinging a tail, at least I guess). Aurorus is also strange, given it's a dinosaur, but Wooper isn't, as...
  5. CynthiaLover

I think it's because Breaking Swipe is more of a tail slap type attack over a claw one, hence why Onix and Kingdra can learn it. However, I do agree that it makes it no less odd, as Nido duo, Aggron, and Druddigon do have fairly impressive tails to begin with, especially Nidoking, who's tail is...
  6. CynthiaLover

I forgot Flip Turn even existed tbh. Probably because it has lower BP than U-turn and Volt Switch, thus it's not a "direct" counterpart to those moves. Makes you wonder why Flip Turn wasn't just given the full 70 BP like the other two moves got to make it a true counterpart. But anyway, yeah...
  7. CynthiaLover

I just learned that Kantonian Farfetch'd can learn U-turn but the Galarian Farfetch'd can't. What? Why is that? I know that sometimes regional forms can have different moves, but those are usually reserved for their respective type difference. Considering that both Farfetch'd can learn moves...
  8. CynthiaLover

Speaking of Bug Mons I'm surprised that Scyther and Scizor don't learn Bug Bite naturally. Considering that they actually have mouths (and in Scyther's case, fangs) unlike other Mons that learn it such as Pineco, and yet they can't learn it strikes me as odd. Plus, as they're one of the more...
  9. CynthiaLover

To this day I'm surprised that Forretress can't learn U-turn. It can learn Volt Switch, sure, but considering it's a Bug-type the fact it can't learn U-turn is strange. Especially since it would feed off of its better Attack stat over Volt Switch's Special Attack. I know it can learn a few Elec...
  10. CynthiaLover

While I do agree that Clawitzer not learning Hydro Pump is very odd, Rhyperior I can somewhat understand. Remember, Rhyperior has pseudo cannons in each of its hands. Those "cannon" are often used to fire rocks so it's not too much of a stretch for it to be able to fire water from them since the...
  11. CynthiaLover

Well, you have to remember a few things. First off, Hyper Beam was Physical for Gens 1-3, as the Physical/Special split didn't happen until Gen 4, which was also the gen that gave us Giga Impact, the physical version of Hyper Beam. Thus, during Gens 1-3, Hyper Beam feed off of Gyrarados'...
  12. CynthiaLover

To this day I'm still surprised that Chingling can't learn Heal Bell naturally, only via Tutor. The Mon is a freakin' literal bell! Why in the hell can't it learn a move that has the word "Bell" in it naturally when it literally IS a bell!? That just makes no sense. Yeah, sure, it's evolution...
  13. CynthiaLover

I'm amazed that Regigigas STILL doesn't get any decent recovery options outside of Rest. It should get at least something more useful to compensate for Slow Start, like Recover or Slack Off, but no, all it gets is Rest. While spamming a recovery move for 5 turns is probably not the best...
  14. CynthiaLover

Yeah, I've noticed that Heracross has a strange lack of any real Bug moves outside of Megahorn. I think the first "new" Bug move it gets outside of Megahorn is Pin Missile, which it gets starting in Gen 6 because of its Mega form. While Megahorn is fine and dandy for the most part, not being...
  15. CynthiaLover

I've noticed that Rowlet and Dartrix still can't learn Acrobatics in Gen 8. Decidueye can, but not Rowlet and Dartrix, who would actually get STAB from it. Why? Is GF scared of actually giving a decent STAB move to them? If the entire Litten and Poppilo lines can learn it why can't the entire...
  16. CynthiaLover

To this day I'm still surprised that Heracross can't learn any other Bug moves outside of Megahorn and Pin Missile. Why is that? At least let it have something like U-Turn, especially since it no longer has a Mega to abuse in Gen 8, thus the multi-hit moves its Mega used are less reliable...
  17. CynthiaLover

Considering that it's a TM now, I'm surprised that Tauros doesn't learn Tail Slap. I mean, it has three tails for crying out loud, and it learns Iron Tail and Tail Whip. Plus, Tail Slap would get STAB, giving it more of an incentive to have it in its arsenal. Sure, it's not an out-of-this-world...
  18. CynthiaLover

Now that I'm raising one, I noticed that Bouffalant learns Throat Chop. Like... HOW is that possible? From what we've seen, Throat Chop is, well, a chopping move similar to Cross Chop. So, how does an afro-wearing buffalo chop? Does it cross its front legs and strike the target? Or does it just...
  19. CynthiaLover

I've been wondering something. How does Brave Bird work on the Zubat line?! Sure, I can understand something like Blaziken, which is a chicken, aka: type of bird, but a bat? That isn't very logical, if you ask me. Sure, it gives it a very powerful STAB, but, really? Brave Bird of all things...
  20. CynthiaLover

Here's a missed opportunity: why the hell is Drifblim STILL unable to learn Air Slash? I mean, Sword/Shield turned the move into a freakin' TM, this would've been a perfect chance to give Drifblim an actually special-based Flying move. But, nope, it gets shafted. The best Flying move it learns...
Back
Top Bottom