Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Seeing how it has not been mentioned I wanted to bring something up. Recent (as in a few days ago), a bill was passed to make Daylight Savings Time permanent, thus ending the twice-a-year clock change starting in 2023. It was met with high praise and sweeping approval. However, I learned...
  2. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

In recent news, after the Republican National Committee censured Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, those morons are now reframing the Jan 6 attack as "legitimate political discord". ...What? Considering this isn't the first time the RNC has reclassified the Jan 6 attack and riot as something...
  3. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

To be honest I'm not too surprised, as I have heard snippets about it here and there. Yet I'm still disgusted that Republicans have become such scum to be more supportive to a dictator over a decent human being whose trying to fix the gargantuan mess Trump left. Especially since Putin played...
  4. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

So, a recent Yahoo News poll (or something like that) said that many Republican individuals feel that Putin is a "stronger leader" than Biden. So, the GOP feels that a dictator like Putin, who is willing to invade another country, is a more worthy leader than someone who is trying to fix 4 years...
  5. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

In recent news, the GOP member John Katko announced that he won't be seeking reelection. He was one of the 9 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump. Naturally, the bloated windbag that is Trump is delighted at this, saying "Another one bites the dust". While this means we lost an actually...
  6. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

So, as of today, the $1.2T infrastructure bill has been signed by President Biden. Now we can finally put that issue to bed and get the needed money out to do what needs to be done for the sake of the country. On another note, Trump is still fighting to keep the Jan 6 records hidden from the...
  7. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

There was something in the New York Times a while ago about at least a portion of it, if memory serves, mostly I think it had some bits of tax fraud, but it wasn't enough to do anything and the legitimacy was brought into question repeatedly. So it's hard to say. However, what people like myself...
  8. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

I find it funny that Trump is calling the acquisition of his tax returns the "Democrats 'white whale'" and yet he's doing everything he can to hide them or keep them from being obtained. Hmm... Looks like Moby Dick is real after all (emphasis on the "Dick" part). But in all seriousness, I just...
  9. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Well, as I've said numerous times before, I tend to avoid talking about politics, but once again I'm here to mention yet another issue that I can't stay silent on. As you know, the Delta variant of COVID-19 is on the rise and several states are becoming hotspots, such as Texas and Florida...
  10. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Well, it appears that the Republicans are trying to get other states to follow Arizona's "path" and perform election audits so they can overturn the election in Trump's favor. Targets includes place like Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania, many of whom are being...
  11. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Just a minor bit of news but Trump's new blog that he set up in retaliation for getting the axe from Twitter/Facebook has been shut down within 1 month of activation. All his posts are gone, too. Looks like he's back to square one again and I say good. The less outlets he can use to rile...
  12. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Normally I try to avoid talking about politics as it's a magnet for problems, but, once again, the GOP are being absolute spineless bastards. They're blocking the bipartisan probe of the deadly Jan 6 riot. For the love of God, why must they keep doing stupid stuff like this?! Their lives were at...
  13. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Sad but true. Just goes to show how spineless the GOP has become. At least a few showed actual backbone today. Hopefully we can peg him with the 14th amendment or we'll have to face the nightmare (and his cult) all over again. I really hope the GOP loses all credibility because of this, as at...
  14. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

I know you never said that. I'm just saying that, regardless of reasons, not holding the trial because of something so stupid like cultish rioters is only going to make things worse for both the GOP's rep and the country. If pissing off a bunch of loons is what they're afraid of instead of doing...
  15. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Still doesn't justify the issue. The "cult" is being dealt with by the FBI due to the fact they're flat-out advertising their roles in the riot, so they shouldn't be part of the equation. As a result, it only further makes the GOP more spineless if that's what's restraining them from delivering...
  16. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Like I said back during the elections I tend to avoid talking about politics. However, I just read a new story on my email provider that made me very angry and very disappointed in the GOP: they voted to not have the impeachment trial. Are they really THAT stupid? Or does Trump still have that...
  17. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Although it's obviously unintentional, Major is such a fitting name for a now presidential pooch. And it just warms my heart to know he's a rescue dog. My family's past dog (who, sadly, died this year) was a rescue dog, having been rescued from a hoarding situation, so I know how sweet they can...
  18. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

If we're talking about Biden it'll probably be Georgia. While both Georgia and Pennsylvania are like 99% counted, mom told me that she heard on the morning news that Pennsylvania might do a recount due to how insanely close the results are is. That'll mean Pennsylvania might take even longer to...
  19. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

True, I nearly forgot that the two runoff elections in Georgia can change things. But even if it doesn't happen, we still have midterm elections later down the road for one last shot. If Georgia gives the Dems the victory they so need then that'll make this victory even sweeter. So, here's...
  20. CynthiaLover

American Politics Thread

Agreed. A victory over Trump is a victory for the good of the world. While retaking the Senate on top of Biden's win would've been golden, we still managed to usurp one of the most dangerous, deranged, corrupt, and racist president in history. And at least we still have the midterm elections for...
Back
Top Bottom