Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Thank you. ^_^
  2. CynthiaLover

I've got a few quick questions regarding Gen 7 because I recently started a new playthrough of US and I need a refresher course in some of its mechanics. Plus I'm having issues with the wiki thanks to the ads blocking everything. 1) Did Intimidate get nerfed in this gen (ie: Inner Focus, Own...
  3. CynthiaLover

For the most part, it appears only rival characters (Hop, Bede, and Marnie) tend to use a single Potion-type item (depending on where the battle takes place in the story), and only in regular battles, not during the Champion Cup and such. And I think Leon might uses a single Full Restore during...
  4. CynthiaLover

To answer your questions in order: 1) Sort of. There's Poke Jobs, where you send Mons out to certain companies to do work for them. They gain EXP, and you get money and items. I never really used it much so I can't say too much about it, but it's about the closest you'll get to Poke Pelago in...
  5. CynthiaLover

I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
  6. CynthiaLover

Got a quick question regarding Crown Tundra. Since I've only played Crown Tundra in my main file, which has beaten the game and whatnot, I want to know something. Like Isle of Armor, does the Crown Tundra scale the levels of both the Mons and Trainers according to your progress in the main...
  7. CynthiaLover

Making curry is effectively a button-mashing game. First, you choose one of the food items that you can get (ie: sausages), then you pick up to 10 berries. The rarer the berries, the higher quality the curry will be (ie: the EV berries will provide better curry than the basic ones like Oran and...
  8. CynthiaLover

Sadly, no. Whenever a den first activates the Mon inside it is hard-locked to whatever it was when it first spawned. That includes things like natures and abilities. So, no, you can't soft reset until you get a shiny, as it'll be locked into whatever it was when it first spawned with no...
  9. CynthiaLover

Yeah, it's just a bad case of unluckiness. I've been there before. Some of my hunts have been quick, like Hawlucha at 100-ish eggs, or Wimpod at only 17, while others have been much, much longer, like my Impidimp, which took over 700 eggs, and my Hattena, which took about 900. And some have just...
  10. CynthiaLover

No, they are not able to use Max Guard, even though many would have a non-damaging move to use for it. If they could use Max Guard it would be too unfair and unbalanced, especially since Max Guard can be spammed as it doesn't have the same reduced success rate that Protect/Detect have if used...
  11. CynthiaLover

I think Mons like Mimikyu, the Eeveelutions, G-Corsola, the Ralts line, trade-based evolutions (Gengar, Machamp, etc), Lapras, and Qwilfish can only be found in the Wild Area. There are probably others but those are the ones off the top of my head that I've only noticed that dwell in the Wild...
  12. CynthiaLover

I've got a quick question regarding regional variants in Gen 8. As I learned from these forums, if you give a Mon that has a regional variant and Everstone (ie: Unovian Stunfisk) and breed it, the resulting egg will be that particular Mon. But what happens when you do the same with a Mon that...
  13. CynthiaLover

To answer your questions in order: 1: 2 Star Raids are available after beating Milo. Every odd numbered badge increases the level of Raids you can participate (No badges: 1 star, Milo: 2 star, Kabu: 3 star, Opal: 4 star, Piers: 5 star), so if you're looking for certain raids of certain levels...
  14. CynthiaLover

No, sadly, dens don't count as "caves" for the Dusk Ball, at least from what I've tried. Dusk Balls are only useful at night when it comes to Max Raid. However, there is an oddball situation that sometimes crops up due to the DLC, where the Dusk Ball works when the activated den in question is...
  15. CynthiaLover

Yes, Clauncher is a version exclusive Mon, with Skrelp being its opposite version counterpart, something that I was hoping wouldn't happen with the DLC. Interestingly, it and Skrelp are the only version exclusives in the DLC, so at least it's just one set of counterparts and not multiples like...
  16. CynthiaLover

Well, we don't have any mythical Mons in this gen yet (the expansion pass will probably change that), so that's not something available right now. And in the case of the legends (Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus), they are not only shiny locked, but defeating either of the former two will just...
  17. CynthiaLover

You need to do four rounds/Ranks in the Beginner levels (it can be either singles or doubles, you choice, as both work just fine), then you have to face and defeat Leon, who will be your last opponent in the Beginner Rank. After you win against Leon you get the IV judge feature. Be warned, as he...
  18. CynthiaLover

Now it's my turn to ask. What are the exact shiny odds in this gen? That also includes all factors like Masuda Method and Shiny Charm. Also, is this gen's shiny "rules" similar to Gen 7's (such as the whole "pull out one certain colored marble out of a bag then put it back in and try again"...
  19. CynthiaLover

Sadly, no. You need two Switch consoles to do any sort of item trading between oneself, just like back in the DS/3DS eras. That was a problem I was going to have before my relative gave me a Switch Lite (and Shield) as a gift. But, no, you can't trade with yourself using only one Switch, as...
  20. CynthiaLover

Heal Ball, like all Breeders use.
Back
Top Bottom