Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

What do you NOT miss about the older games?

Something came to mind recently that I'm glad is gone. Fixed natures upon acquisition. Thanks to the addition of Nature Mints (which are technically more like hyper training for natures) now any Mon can be viable for whatever you need it for. I'm glad we now have that option, as needing to...
  2. CynthiaLover

Another thing I'm glad is gone are the Weather Wars. While Gen 5 was the most well-known gen for them, since that's when they peaked, they really started in Gen 3, thanks to Groudon, Kyogre, and Tyrannitar getting their weather-based abilities (especially since Tyran's Sandstorm was basically...
  3. CynthiaLover

To be fair, egg moves are starting to wane. Thanks to Gen 8 using TMs and TRs together as a means of teaching moves (not counting tutors) means that many of the moves that were once egg moves are now either TRs or TMs, thus many Mons had their egg move totals dropped almost sharply. While, yes...
  4. CynthiaLover

Another thing I don't miss are some of the stupidly broken mechanics from earlier gens. Sleep was downright deadly and unfair, as waking up cost you the turn in both Gens 1 and 2, pretty much being a guaranteed KO. Gen 5's Sleep mechanics were just as bad, as getting put to sleep was a pseudo...
  5. CynthiaLover

Another thing I don't miss in the slightest bit is Toxic as a TM. Seriously, I'm glad that it's now much more selective, with only a handful of Mons being able to get it instead of virtually every Mon and their grandmons having access to it. Especially ones like Chansey and other stall-type...
  6. CynthiaLover

Some other things came to mind. As others have said, the limited bag space was a huge bane, thus forcing you to deposit items into the PC, making it really annoying. Gen 4 really did a good thing in that regard by making the bag virtually unlimited, which is something I'm glad came to be...
  7. CynthiaLover

Forgive the double post, but something else came to mind that I'm glad is gone. No more switch training, halved EXP gains, and the EXP Share as a held item. My replay of Platinum has reminded me of how tedious those three point are. Trying to grind up you Mon is hard enough in past gens, but...
  8. CynthiaLover

My recent replay of Platinum reminded me of something I'm glad is gone: no more Mon species names in all caps. It's a really minor thing, I know, but it's also bit of a pet peeve to me. I just feels more natural to me to have the name of the species with only the first letter in caps, just like...
  9. CynthiaLover

Another thing I don't miss is the pre-Gen 7 Day Cares. Not only can they get a bit expensive, but when you're trying to breed for a certain nature or Egg Move, the fact that the Mons can gain levels while in there, which can mess up your attempt to get certain Egg Moves and such. That also goes...
  10. CynthiaLover

I'm aware that the old Mons are free and that the new stuff is where the price tag comes in. I'm just mentioning the DLC as whole, which includes both the free Mons AND paid extra content, since it's easier that way. Which is why I'm saying it opens up new possibilities later down the road...
  11. CynthiaLover

I'm inclined to agree. Not so much as the daunting bit, but the fact that the National Dex was never sustainable. We've nearly reached 1,000 Mons, but there is no way a single game (or pair, whichever you prefer) can hold that many Mons. Digimon and Monster Rancher figured that out ages ago, so...
  12. CynthiaLover

Something else I'm glad is gone are the rather ugly chibi character models, especially in the earlier 3DS games. My replay of X reminded me why I didn't like those character models. Starting from Gen 7, the character models are proportioned correctly. Sword/Shield took it further in that...
  13. CynthiaLover

Oh, yeah, I forgot that RSE had the tiles change daily, too. But, to my defense, I only played Sapphire as my sole Gen 3 game, didn't even know about the Feebas tiles, the internet wasn't in full bloom at the time to look it up, and I, by sheer chance, found one of those tiles when I was fishing...
  14. CynthiaLover

Thanks to other posts, I remembered a few other things I'm glad are gone. Battle Frontier. Seriously, why is this so popular? I don't see its appeal at all. They're just battling facilities, now equipped with annoying gimmicks, and those gimmicks aren't fun to me. Plus, you need "real" (as in...
  15. CynthiaLover

HMs, for sure, especially when one of them is Rock Smash. That atrocious level curve in Johto, as well as the sheer lack of Johto Mons IN Johto. Those facts make the Johto games unbearable to me. At least Gen 4 actually gave the Johto Mons real movepools, as in Gen 2 they were completely...
Back
Top Bottom